Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skibumnh View Post
    I think if you want to see it up close, check out the
    Scarpa Typhoon or the Skookum. Both have the new tongue style "Intuition Speed Pro" liner. I think the general consensus is a snugger fit with more shin contact compared to the wrap liner.

I just got my Alpine Custom's in for my Ener-G's - cant wait to mold these things, they look so much nicer than the old G-Fit 3's
    Cool, thanks.

Looks like I'll have to just stop by and check 'em out.

cha-ching! Plug wrap liners coming for my Lange WC 130's.. damn I wish it would snow already!!!
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

i had a 6 or so email conversation with the intuition lady (allison?). she was very helpful. liners on teh way!
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

Glad to hear all the good info just waiting to hear back on my email now

Intuition PLUGs = huge Thumbs-UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kiedaisch View Post
    No, and just so you get an idea of how well they can work... take a look inside the shell. Super smooth with nothing to get hung up on. It's an ideal boot for an intuition. Buy the liners with confidence.
    Their new ones with tongues look great, but...I picked up the Plugs earlier..major WooHoo!! What a friggin' nice liner! Standard Overwrap tongue..but has pseudo-tongue surface over the area... Fits my narrow lower shin, achilles, ankle areas soooooo nice! Is still rather thick over shin/tongue-area...medium-wide forefoot without a lot of bunching up on top..over the instep. They really hit a bullseye with this one...imho.
    *Ditto...on Alison's help...(in sizing...4me).

$.01
    Last edited by steved; 09-12-2008 at 07:06 PM.

This thread needs a bump.

hey hopefully someone can be of help in this thread. i'm looking to get some intuition liners for my GUN boots (26.5, wear 10-10.5 street shoe) have about 30 days on them and they have packed out just enough now that my skinny a** ankles and calves have a bit of room now (very annoying, having to overtighten). which of the intuitions would be best for skinny ankles and calfs? i'm looking to take up some volume.

Quote Originally Posted by spin4spin View Post
    hey hopefully someone can be of help in this thread. i'm looking to get some intuition liners for my GUN boots (26.5, wear 10-10.5 street shoe) have about 30 days on them and they have packed out just enough now that my skinny a** ankles and calves have a bit of room now (very annoying, having to overtighten). which of the intuitions would be best for skinny ankles and calfs? i'm looking to take up some volume.
    Read the first post in this thread, and email Alison for you answers.

Allison hooked it up
    Got low volume liners for my kyrpton pro's sicne i had issues with the stock.

Another bump to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by spin4spin View Post
    I would measure your stock liner from heal to toe in millimeters and then what ever Intuition liner you decide on, get that same size, call them and ask them what size is closest to that measurement, 8.0, 9.0, etc. I bought a 8.0 for my Lange WC 130's size 25.5 and the liner was too big, I ended up with a size 7.0 - my street shoe is a 9 or 9.5 for reference. FYI I think a 9.0 might be too big, my friend has a Salomon Falcon race boot size 26.5 and he put a 8.0 power wrap liner in them. I think I'd go with a size 8.0 with any of their models for your Guns. Hope this helps - remember, they do stretch when heated - they should fit pretty damn snug to begin with. Make sure you get someone experienced with Intuition to fit them.

De Oppresso Liber

Bump 12345678

swapping liners between boots?

My Power Wraps, size 10, were baked and fitted for my Solly X-Wave 10s, size 27.
    This year I've gone to a Head Mojo, size 26. I put the old Power Wraps in the new Mojos and they feel pretty damn good. I would have expected the size ten liner to be too big for the size 26 shell.
    Anyone else done this--gone down a shell size with their Power Wraps?

Weekly bump.

Just sent $150 to Intuition yesterday. Getting a pair of the low volume fit tongue liners.
    Old's Cool.

I should probably mention I just ordered a pair of powerwraps shipped for $113 USD ($140 CAD). The exchange rate should be motivation alone to pull the trigger on a pair of liners. DO IT.

I should probably mention I just ordered a pair of powerwraps shipped for $113 USD ($140 CAD). The exchange rate should be motivation alone to pull the trigger on a pair of liners. DO IT.
    You lucky bastards. For us Canucks, getting anything from the States just got a hell of a lot more expensive.

I will ask Allison about this, but I don't want to bug her too much -- what are the pro's and con's of Plugs vs. Powerwraps? Plugs seem a little thinner, tighter boot? (I know Plugs = race boot). I might be getting a pair of Radiums, so this is what they'd be for (I'd want to stiffen 'em up).

Thanks for any suggestions.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    You lucky bastards. For us Canucks, getting anything from the States just got a hell of a lot more expensive.

I will ask Allison about this, but I don't want to bug her too much -- what are the pro's and con's of Plugs vs. Powerwraps? Plugs seem a little thinner, tighter boot? (I know Plugs = race boot). I might be getting a pair of Radiums, so this is what they'd be for (I'd want to stiffen 'em up).

Thanks for any suggestions.
    I would get the powerwraps. The consensus from Alison is that they are stiffer than any liner out there.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but has anyone used the new tongue liners? Specifically with flexons/fulltilts? And if so how did they work and would you guy recommend them for that boot, trying to decide between that and the powerwrap...but the wrap in my il moros last year wasn't that great, gave me weird almost pressure points where they overlapped.
    ON3P
    "a simple equation:

force of impact + force of steeze = 0

the two negate each other. for Eric, stomping a 60 ft cornice switch is like jumping on a really soft hotel mattress." - NS member ChronicF explaining why Eric Pollard still has knees.

i think i said this above but i got the tounge liner for my kyrpton pro's and i love them i had issues with the power wrap and the tounge is a little be less volume and fit perfect.

I would get the powerwraps. The consensus from Alison is that they are stiffer than any liner out there.
    Agreed & same with the Plug - there is very little difference between the Plug & Power Wrap - I have had both and they seem to be the same density, warmth, stiffness with the plug just a tad over all lower volume in shape. I first tried the Power Wrap but ended up with Plugs in my Lange WC's (97mm wide). If your boot shells are low to very low volume fit - a finger width or less between your heel & boot shell with feet in boots - no liners - toes touching the fronts - go with the Plug. I would also make sure you have a reputable/experienced (lots with Intuition) boot fitter and and get their advice. My fitter heats up both the shells & liners when fitting. This makes such a huge difference in getting a complete heat molded fit between boot/liner and liner/feet/orthotic. Hope this helps - just my .02...

De Oppresso Liber

sick deal. email sent.

thanks for settin this up guys.

I haven't been able to get a hold of Intuition to place my order by phone. Anybody know where they are at? I called at several times during the last few days, and left a message for them to return my call.

Quote Originally Posted by birdboatboy View Post
    I haven't been able to get a hold of Intuition to place my order by phone. Anybody know where they are at? I called at several times during the last few days, and left a message for them to return my call.

EMAIL seemed best ....i think this is a small outfit and they travel for retailer shows and whatnot. I could be way off though.

Quote Originally Posted by birdboatboy View Post
    Email is your best bet, Alison may take up to a week to get back to you, but she will indeed respond. I have never had any luck with the phone contact either.