Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Holy shit people lost their damned minds.

Don’t fill plastic grocery bags with gasoline (video below).

https://twitter.com/UpBeatSkeletor/s...1-be4d0e216a71

https://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...KJr1hk-KXkGYCU
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Drive into the office this morning was interesting. Half the traffic of yesterday, easy. Every gas station I passed had yellow "out of service" bags over the pump handles.

Just walked down the hall from my partner's office whose brother is the superintendent of a very large school system in the metro and they're talking about cancelling school/going remote tomorrow and Friday because no one has gas.
    Traffic was lite this am but I got in early. We got all the cars full yesterday I seemed to hit that Dwoody ghetto costco just right and only had a 25m wait. Goin to the coast sat and fuck the consequences. good place to be standed; but wonder what effect this might have with a view to AirBnB / VRBO. We are booked solid June1 aug 30
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    My wife heard about this on the news this morning and told me to go make sure our vehicles are full this afternoon.

We live in Alberta.
    Yeah, I'm kind of laughing at Ontario and PQ limiting gas purchases to 30$ at some stations due to whatever pipeline issue is going on there. Plus crying at USAians complaining about high 3 dollar/low 4 dollar gallon a gas because of the "crisis" when that's the regulars price here for most of the year.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    speaking of tapping pipelines - we used to ride around Nantucket in my buddys quadratrac wagoneer ( 4-5 MPG downhill ) doin the rounds. never more than a quarter tank in that thing - I soon came to realize why - those days the one station had these blond amazons in tight shorts pumping fuel. we'd be there a few times a day taking the pulse of the island - finding the weed monitoring the parties - gave new meaning to the word smoking at the pump.... Simpler times..
    Amazon had a better ring to it back then.

Hey Aldo, don't some of those refineries in the Garden State make gas? I wonder where they send it.

Also I wonder where New England gets its gas. Colonial doesn't go up there.

(I couldn't phrase these important questions in a way that the googlez could undserstand what I was asking or I'd already know the answers)

[QUOTE=ötzi;6314921
    Hey Aldo, don't some of those refineries in the Garden State make gas? I wonder where they send it.
    [/QUOTE]
    I'm sure our resident petrochemical expert could address this. Although weren't you associated with an expert on fuel a while back?
    But, you know that section on the Turnpike everyone bitches about? Sort of feel like being in proximity to that isnt gonna hurt for the next little while.

Sup, my gasoline starved bitchez?

Why yes, the Linden refinery, aka Bayway refinery, and run by the good folks at Phillips 66 is humming along bringing our fair state plenty of premium, plus and regular to attended pumps.

The other one in Paulsboro, down by the $1B deli, is running at half mast right now, but along with it's sister refinery in Delaware City should keep S Jersey and Philly supplied until this issue gets resolved.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Holy shit people lost their damned minds.

Don’t fill plastic grocery bags with gasoline (video below).

https://twitter.com/UpBeatSkeletor/s...1-be4d0e216a71

https://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...KJr1hk-KXkGYCU
    Solid reporting there 11Alive - that video is a few years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Sup, my gasoline starved bitchez?

Why yes, the Linden refinery, aka Bayway refinery, and run by the good folks at Phillips 66 is humming along bringing our fair state plenty of premium, plus and regular to attended pumps.

The other one in Paulsboro, down by the $1B deli, is running at half mast right now, but along with it's sister refinery in Delaware City should keep S Jersey and Philly supplied until this issue gets resolved.
    Shit, you live in Jersey? That explains so much.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Wouldn't those be milk containers?.
    At some point (years ago now) it switched to gas. And it cuts across all demographic lines. BC plates = choose another lane, because they're gonna be a while.

I blogged here about the most egregious example (if only the search worked). It was family that put at least four 5 gallon plastic jugs inside the back of their minivan. Just behind where their kids were sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Also I wonder where New England gets its gas. Colonial doesn't go up there.

(I couldn't phrase these important questions in a way that the googlez could undserstand what I was asking or I'd already know the answers)
    Can’t speak for New England, but the upstate gets their gas through the buckeye pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Where have you been Danno? This is common knowledge.

For the record, NJ is pretty self sufficient. The only thing we need to import is bananas. So the rest of you can just fuck off.

How's the bicycle supply looking now?

The only thing we need to import is bananas.
    And women who don't chew gum with their mouths open.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    At some point (years ago now) it switched to gas. And it cuts across all demographic lines. BC plates = choose another lane, because they're gonna be a while.

I blogged here about the most egregious example (if only the search worked). It was family that put at least four 5 gallon plastic jugs inside the back of their minivan. Just behind where their kids were sitting.
    I can't wait to get cheap gas, cheese and a 6 pack in Blaine again. Takes me 25 minutes round trip, save probably 35$ each time. And I really like the selection of beers.

There was a great video of a guy filling garbage bags of fuel a few years back in Northern WA.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    My wife heard about this on the news this morning and told me to go make sure our vehicles are full this afternoon.

We live in Alberta.
    This belongs in the JHFC wife-thread.

All you wanted to know about who gets what and from where.

https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/fi...lume%20III.pdf

For the record, NJ is pretty self sufficient. The only thing we need to import is bananas. So the rest of you can just fuck off.
    But the skiing sux.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Doesn't he live on some guarded off shore island with a personal space port n stuff?

The next thing you tell me he has an actual job besides being a TGR billionaire impersonator?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Solid reporting there 11Alive - that video is a few years old.
    I think that was the point of the first video - the crack news team verifies pics circulating on social media. I dunno, I didn’t watch more than 20 seconds of it as I can see for myself firsthand the amount of jackassery going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Can’t speak for New England, but the upstate gets their gas through the buckeye pipeline.
    The Upstates depend upon the Buckeyes in Ohio?

The plot thickens.

You're just realizing that now? +1 for attentiveness counselor.

You need to be self sufficient because the rest of us don't really want to go there if we don't have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    And women who don't chew gum with their mouths open.
    HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    But the skiing sux.
    The vertical is lacking but it was a banner snow year.
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Doesn't he live on some guarded off shore island with a personal space port n stuff?

The next thing you tell me he has an actual job besides being a TGR billionaire impersonator?
    For the record. I founded the Branch Covidian compound in southern VT wherein similarly enlightened folks could experience as well as meditate upon the teachings of the great Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (may god rest his soul) in the peace and solitude of the Green Mountains.

The constraints of island life would bore me.

Don’t forget the margaritas and free shuttle bus.

Dunno what's exactly happening down there in the East and SE US, but I do know that any disruption in either refinery, delivery, or any other semi-related socio-political event means the local prices will inevitably rise. At every station, all at once (of course there is no collusion there).

So this afternoon, I am filling all my vehicles, and cycling my premium fuel stockpile. 10cents a litre is 10cents a litre. Was $1.40 a litre this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    I can't wait to get cheap gas, cheese and a 6 pack in Blaine again. Takes me 25 minutes round trip, save probably 35$ each time. And I really like the selection of beers.

There was a great video of a guy filling garbage bags of fuel a few years back in Northern WA.
    I used to do that at 6am in the morning with a large mug of coffee and it was 20 min round trip from Newton but that was pre-911, I would have thot getting thu the border would make it prohibative ?

For such a major city Vangroovy doesnt have any refinerys, which I think makes fuel more expensive
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Dunno what's exactly happening down there in the East and SE US, but I do know that any disruption in either refinery, delivery, or any other semi-related socio-political event means the local prices will inevitably rise. At every station, all at once (of course there is no collusion there).

So this afternoon, I am filling all my vehicles, and cycling my premium fuel stockpile. 10cents a litre is 10cents a litre. Was $1.40 a litre this morning.
    When the Russians bomb Vancouver you'll be glad you did this.