Page 17 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Does snow still go from the summer road to the grizzly cat road, or is there some dirt walking involved to traverse the S and W facing?
    If there is snow, I'm pretty sure it's very very thin. We skied it two weeks ago and it was just the new snow (that 8-10" storm). Plan on walking imo.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    If you have an IKON you definitely get 7 Alta/Bird days .
    Depends which pass. Base is 5 days, full is 7 days. Just checked the site right now and it says Alta and Snowbird shares those days. However, there are experiences being posted by multiple people on skitalk and reddit from 2019-2021 saying they hit up both in one day and got charged 1 day. They would ask Ikon and Ikon would say 1 day, then they would ask Alta or Snowbird and Alta and Snowbird told them they would get charged 2. So these people tried and they all only got charged 1. So it seems the answer is confusing but experience says you will get charged 1 day hitting up both in the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Does snow still go from the summer road to the grizzly cat road, or is there some dirt walking involved to traverse the S and W facing?
    The Summer Road is covered. I haven't been in grizzly gulch this year but you can get all the way to catherine's pass on snow. I'd imagine you can make it all the way to twin lakes pass on snow, but can't say for sure.

also more drunk TFW stories please.

There is a short gap on dirt to get to twin lakes as of yesterday.

Friends - I have a set of 235 65 17 Blizzak ws80s off of my Jeep Grand Cherokee w 6-7 32nds remaining. I am replacing them because I love traction. Does anyone want the set before I toss them? These would definitely be better than your bro bra mud tires but not as good as a legit new set of snows. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A few from opening day at Birdstock:

Regulator tested my edges. I will say that the MX89 came thru with flying colors
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1795.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	394825

Mineral is boney, but oh so beautiful

Name:	IMG_1796.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	962.6 KB 
ID:	394826

Enjoying bluebird on Gadzoom and eyeing Gad2

Name:	IMG_1793.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	904.5 KB 
ID:	394827

Showing the steezy '70s with Elmer Fudd hat

Name:	IMG_1794.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	394829

And spoke to a Bird mountain host who told me that this year if you start your day at Alta and enter Snowbird thru Mineral gate, you will expend 2 IKON days. Unbelievable!

Very short story: I'm riding up LC and my phone rings. I don't answer, because I don't talk on phone whilst riding chairs. I t randg again. Same. I received a third call, so I apologized to fellow riders and answered. It was 9-1-1. I said, sorry, but I didn't call...must have butt dialed and said good-bye. Phone rang again. Once again, it was 9-1-1. I was asked to stay on the line. I said ok, but I am riding a lift. The response was, yes, I know, you are on the Little Cloud lift. I gave her my name. I assured that I was OK and did not require EMS, ambulance or police.
    I guess the problem was that my car keys hit the emergency function on the phone. I am grateful for the commitment made by 9-1-1.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Showing the steezy '70s with Elmer Fudd hat

Name:	IMG_1794.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	394829

It was 9-1-1. I said, sorry, but I didn't call...must have butt dialed and said good-bye. Phone rang again. Once again, it was 9-1-1. I was asked to stay on the line. I said ok, but I am riding a lift. The response was, yes, I know, you are on the Little Cloud lift. I gave her my name. I assured that I was OK and did not require EMS, ambulance or police.
    I guess the problem was that my car keys hit the emergency function on the phone. I am grateful for the commitment made by 9-1-1.

They knew you were out on the boniest day of the year without a helmet. Likely will check in again throughout the day

They are big into preplanning now

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    They knew you were out on the boniest day of the year without a helmet. Likely will check in again throughout the day
    That leather hat doubled as a helmet back in his day so we'll give him a pass

Well that, and it was '70s day at The Bird
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

And spoke to a Bird mountain host who told me that this year if you start your day at Alta and enter Snowbird thru Mineral gate, you will expend 2 IKON days. Unbelievable!
    Not saying you are wrong, but a host would be the last to know the correct answer. Someone needs to call or email Ikon. As I posted previously there are multiple threads from other people in forums from 2019-2021 where many people had the same question. Ikon told them 1, both Alta and Snowbird employees told them 2, but when everyone did it everyone reported they got charged 1. So it seems that in past years Ikon knew the correct answer, whereas Alta and Snowbird did not. So I would go off whatever Ikon says and then still be prepared for the opposite results when you try.

I called the ticket office at Alta and asked and was told that it counts as 1 day. The ikon is the same as an alta/bird pass.

Was there any good turns to be had at the bird today? Corn in mineral?

Mineral was not open. There were turns on hard pack. At least Regulator has some pitch

Well that, and it was '70s day at The Bird
    71 was a good year

Just after noon on right Reg at the Bird was a sweet surprise. No one had been over to the pucker brush signline, and the perfectly smooth bulletproof had softened into virgin corn really as good as it gets, 7 laps worth before it was done. I imagine that Mineral might be as good, if we could get to it.

So the plan at Snowbird is to keep all the good parking completely roped off and empty all season? I was a little pissed I had to do quite a bit of road walking in my brand new $1600 boots when not a single car was parked in any of the paid parking (there were 4 in their Priority Parking spots but not one for daily paid parking). So seriously? Empty parking lots at Snowbird all season except probably weekends and holidays while everyone has to park down on the roads?

Kevin, you seem like a bundle of joy! Enjoy the snow that's inbound next week
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Quote Originally Posted by Kevintheskier View Post
    So the plan at Snowbird is to keep all the good parking completely roped off and empty all season? I was a little pissed I had to do quite a bit of road walking in my brand new $1600 boots when not a single car was parked in any of the paid parking (there were 4 in their Priority Parking spots but not one for daily paid parking). So seriously? Empty parking lots at Snowbird all season except probably weekends and holidays while everyone has to park down on the roads?
    should have spent some of that boot money on a parking pass, eh?

Let's get this thread back on trackClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20211202_142859.jpeg 
Views:	123 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	394992

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    or Cat Tracks. Yesterday, I was able to convince the guy and girl parking attendants at the hut to let me park in the lower lot near the Gad lift . Just as good, I exited by truck and was greeted by two smoking' hot Red Bull girls who offered me a drink. Being a little polite and jocular sometime go a long way

For the handful of days that I ski The Bird, when Creekside is full I am happy to park at the Cliff and ski down Chickadee. How much does it cost to valet park at the Snowbird Center? Is that still an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Let's get this thread back on trackClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20211202_142859.jpeg 
Views:	123 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	394992
    Damn, how was it?? I assume the road is closed?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I have been trying to buy a parking pass for years...eh. The will doesn't matter if they are sold out before they are even on sale. I have also been wait listed for the Seven Summits and Base Camp programs for years... eh. Got any other ideas, eh?

My Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronic View Post
    Kevin, you seem like a bundle of joy!
    Because I would like to park in a big empty lot right near the ski trail instead of down the road? Umm ok.

.... Btw, most you guys here remind of a guy who asked to get on a lift with me at Alta a couple days ago. No line, empty lifts, but this middle age man comes up from behind (wearing Cochises of course) and asks if he can ride with me. Sure no problem. We are both completely silent..... Then out of no where he tells me how he lives up here. Ok cool.... Then again without any interest on my end he volunteers how he has 20 days in so far. Ok cool.... Then again how conditions are fine because all skis are rock skis. Ok, fine.... Then he gets off the lift and proceeds to suck down the mountain lol

.... Or better yet those group of middle age men that always has to have first chair on Collins and brags about it as if that determines who is a good skier. Those guys crack me up. They will start the line at 3am to make sure they are first on a powder day then get off the lift and proceed down some flat groomer haha
    Last edited by Kevintheskier; 12-02-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevintheskier View Post
    I have been trying to buy a parking pass for years...eh. The will doesn't matter if they are sold out before they are even on sale. I have also been wait listed for the Seven Summits and Base Camp programs for years... eh. Got any other ideas, eh?
    You should take all your money and move to the next "best" place that hasn't been discovered yet. Or buy a fucking helicopter or something.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    You should take all your money and move to the next "best" place that hasn't been discovered yet. Or buy a fucking helicopter or something.
    My plans to move to Europe this year were sidelined by covid and visa problems.... Every day I tried to go out with Powderbirds last year got canceled.