Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I think the people making the biggest issue over it are transgender people.

So what lockerroom should you use if you lose your dick later today in a horrific accident?

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    So what lockerroom should you use if you lose your dick later today in a horrific accident?
    I'd probably go to the hospital first before tackling such a prickly issue like which locker room to use.
    I still call it The Jake.

What locker room would you use if you landed on a Pringles can?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I have a very close friend whose son is now his daughter (kindergarten). This kid has identified as a female since he was self aware. This year they decided to make the switch and he's now living as a girl. Things seem to be going as well as can be expected with the expected issues of close minded people and such. I think they made the right move, as this child seems much happier as a female at school and at the pool we go to. I only say this to qualify my next statement. I have no thoughts whatsoever that this kid would ever be a threat to my daughter in the locker room. However, if I see a man wearing only board shorts walk into the ladies' locker room, especially if my daughter is in there, I will promptly drag his sorry ass out of there by whatever appendage is available at the time. I could give a SHIT how he supposedly identifies his gender. This guy is just taking advantage of a poorly written well meaning law to get his own rocks off. For once, I agree with Mtngrl. The true transgenders just want to get in, get changed, and get out, minding their own damn business and getting on with their day. This guy in Seattle needs to have some things clarified for him. Thing number one is men stay the fuck away from my kid while she's changing in the locker room. Period. I'll close by reminding everyone, I'm totally cool with actual transgender people using the locker room of the gender they identify with. My daughter has sleepovers at my buddy's house and I worry exactly zero about his trans daughter. She is a nice kid raised by nice parents. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ^^^What locker room would you use if you landed on a Pringles can?
    I guess it depends on which way I fell on the Pringles can. A long tube hanging out your rear end could be pretty distracting to some people with less progressive sensibilities.

Are these sour cream and chive Pringles? Cause those would be welcome in either locker room.

Again, how do you identify someone who is transgender? When do they start wearing the clothes of the gender they identify with? You're talking in absolutes. I have no issue with any of this and am interested because I want to understand where people are coming from.
    What did I say in the beginning? If at a casual glance, ypu look male, use the men's room. If female, use the womens.

If your genitalia doesn't match, be discreet.

If someone makes you uncomfortable, wait until they leave. If they are actually DOING something wrong, notify management.

People who are "freaks" in this way really do not want to draw attention to themselves in a lockerroom/bathroom situation.

Are you advocating the tuck?

I see where Timberridge's Pringles can may come in handy now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    I have a very close friend whose son is now his daughter (kindergarten). This kid has identified as a female since he was self aware. This year they decided to make the switch and he's now living as a girl. Things seem to be going as well as can be expected with the expected issues of close minded people and such. I think they made the right move, as this child seems much happier as a female at school and at the pool we go to. I only say this to qualify my next statement. I have no thoughts whatsoever that this kid would ever be a threat to my daughter in the locker room. However, if I see a man wearing only board shorts walk into the ladies' locker room, especially if my daughter is in there, I will promptly drag his sorry ass out of there by whatever appendage is available at the time. I could give a SHIT how he supposedly identifies his gender. This guy is just taking advantage of a poorly written well meaning law to get his own rocks off. For once, I agree with Mtngrl. The true transgenders just want to get in, get changed, and get out, minding their own damn business and getting on with their day. This guy in Seattle needs to have some things clarified for him. Thing number one is men stay the fuck away from my kid while she's changing in the locker room. Period. I'll close by reminding everyone, I'm totally cool with actual transgender people using the locker room of the gender they identify with. My daughter has sleepovers at my buddy's house and I worry exactly zero about his trans daughter. She is a nice kid raised by nice parents. Carry on.
    Most of you post is great and rational, shows empathy, but you wouldn't drag a guy by his dick out of a locker room. You would probably say "what are you doing in here" and call some authority.

What did I say in the beginning? If at a casual glance, ypu look male, use the men's room. If female, use the womens.

If someone makes you uncomfortable, wait until they leave. If they are actually DOING something wrong, notify management.

People who are "freaks" in this way really do not want to draw attention to themselves in a lockerroom/bathroom situation.
    I know and am friends with some "butch" lesbians that at casual glance look male, from your point of view should they use the men's room? A lot of what your saying about being comfortable and "doing something wrong" is very subjective. Generalizing and saying the the "freaks" don't want attention is an over generalization. If that was true we would never know about anyone with transgender identity or gender reassignment.

Again, I'm comfortable using a restroom or locker room with anyone, I'm trying to understand other's views.

You never really know what's on the the other side of the glory hole. You pay your money and take the chancez.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You never really know what's on the the other side of the glory hole. You pay your money and take the chancez.
    Wait, you have to pay to get into the locker room?

I thought this was all about breaking down barriers, not adding more.

Again, how do you identify someone who is transgender? When do they start wearing the clothes of the gender they identify with? You're talking in absolutes. I have no issue with any of this and am interested because I want to understand where people are coming from.
    Check out that Frontline show I linked - it was an eye opener for me. Lots of kids starting as young as grade school.

Here is the link again: Growing Up Trans

Here is something from NBC

In Seattle I used to see men dressed as women all the time - there were several on my bus. Now whether they were cross dressers or transgender I don't know but they def. wanted to be seen as women not men.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I'm glad this is the biggest issue we face as a society.

I thought the legal definition is that for a person to use gendered resource X, they had to legally identify with that gender. In WA, the driver license allows this. So this is an abuse of the law and Mr. Boardshorts should have been arrested unless he has some legal proof of his identification as a woman.

Society accommodates most of my personal emotional profile, so I can't really speak for the transgendered. I do think it's a good idea to try to accommodate these people, but to ignore the cost and potential abuse is seriously squat sighted. I hope that this is just some initial noise by the usual assholes who think they're cute or funny or are looking for something to brag about and in time it will settle down.

It does seem like we're pandering to a fairly small percentage of the population and this is just the kind of topic we have enough leisure time and suits to worry about.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Even if I lose my junk, I'm still a Guy.
    Yep.

Of course they should be free to pursue their desires but I wonder about how beneficial this transgender stuff is to people. You can cut off a penis, attach a neopenis, cut out breasts, flood a body with hormones to gr, wear dresses, etc etc, but ultimately they are what they were born as. Perhaps their is some biological element to transgender desires but its still in part fictional that they are now a man/woman. I've read that transgendered have absurdly high rates of suicide. Its got to be in good part because of the reality that they can never truly become the other sex and therefore never truly be at peace with "who they are."

Some heady issues being debated here. I'm confident that, being the above average group we are, this will all be sorted by page 10 of this thread.

Or we could just ask Kanye. He seems to have it all figured out.

I know and am friends with some "butch" lesbians that at casual glance look male, from your point of view should they use the men's room? A lot of what your saying about being comfortable and "doing something wrong" is very subjective. Generalizing and saying the the "freaks" don't want attention is an over generalization. If that was true we would never know about anyone with transgender identity or gender reassignment.

Again, I'm comfortable using a restroom or locker room with anyone, I'm trying to understand other's views.
    I'm not talking about lesbians. Lesbians are women, identified as women who are attracted to women. They go in the womens. I guess I wouldn't care if they do in the mens if they want, either. It won't hurt anyone either way.

This issue really comes down to men identified as women, and in various stages of transition.

You just want to argue. You are probably board shorts guy. Anyways, he was top less if he walked in there with no shirt on. Indecent exposure if he's a woman, he can't show nipples.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Yep.

Of course they should be free to pursue their desires but I wonder about how beneficial this transgender stuff is to people. You can cut off a penis, attach a neopenis, cut out breasts, flood a body with hormones to gr, wear dresses, etc etc, but ultimately they are what they were born as. Perhaps their is some biological element to transgender desires but its still in part fictional that they are now a man/woman. I've read that transgendered have absurdly high rates of suicide. Its got to be in good part because of the reality that they can never truly become the other sex and therefore never truly be at peace with "who they are."
    In the Frontline series there is a young girl who transitioned to male and though he didn't come out and say he regretted the change there was misgiving by the time he reached college. Less because it was a mistake but more because of what he missed out on in life. Because they medically suppress the onset of puberty these individuals never go through what is an essential experience in human development. Though he made the change he still felt as if something was missing. If you watch the show his segment is towards the end.

You can see him here at 00:37 in this trailer (the first frame is him when he was a little red headed girl):

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

And this just in:

Campaign launched to repeal bathroom rule

A state rule allowing transgender people to use the restroom consistent with their gender identity concerns Joseph Backholm.

“People in Washington no longer have the right to privacy in locker room and bathroom facilities,” said Backholm.

He's launched the Just Want Privacy campaign with a website that calls the state's bathroom rule dangerous.

“The idea that when I send my kids to school, that I don't have the right to expect if they are changing in the girls’ locker room that there will not be a naked boy next to them who identifies as a female,” said Backholm.

Danni Askini is the executive director of Gender Justice League. She help to organize and educate the community about transgender people and civil rights.

“I think this is controversy that has been created out of thin air,” said Askini.

Earlier this month at Seattle's Green Lake park, a man undressed in a women's locker room, citing the new state rule.

Askini says, “It is important to note that that was not a transgender person, and transgender people have not been involved in any instances that they can point to where transgender people have done anything wrong.”

But the issue has sparked dueling rallies in Olympia about a rule that Askini says is needed.

“Without the clarification and without the law against discrimination, people could ask me, people could force me to use a men's room and obviously that would be incredibly dangerous for me. I don't think people would think I should be using a men’s room, and that's true for many transgender people,” said Askini.

“This has nothing to do with transgender people,” said Backholm. “This has to do with an irresponsible policy that creates undeniable opportunity for people to do harm if they are so motivated.”

The Just Want Privacy campaign is working to gather enough signatures to get the issue on the November ballot.

you take a woman and put her in the men's locker room and MOST guys are going to be very uncomfortable with that.

All she has to do is laugh and say something like "puny peckers" and the remaining guys would quickly get clothed and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    you take a woman and put her in the men's locker room and MOST guys are going to be very uncomfortable with that.

All she has to do is laugh and say something like "puny peckers" and the remaining guys would quickly get clothed and leave.
    I would just challenge her to see if she could get all of it her mouth and say "thank you".

Fwiw I would never judge a man's penis when he has just gotten out of the pool
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    “People in Washington no longer have the right to privacy in locker room and bathroom facilities,” said Backholm.
    Did they ever? I think if you really demand privacy a public locker room isn't the place for you.

And it's not going to hurt your grade school daughter to see a trans classmate ' s penis. If that even happens, because the trans kid probably really wants to hide it...