Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    added:

-If you are un-realistic about what you are asking, the price police will swoop in and bust you. FWIW, they are usually big, if not bigger, JONG's than you. cracking on a newb cause he wants $50 more than you think his stuff is worth don't make you cool, ace. don't worry about the price police, but following the above guide (guide not RULE), will yield a better chance at a sale.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson
    added:

-If you are un-realistic about what you are asking, the price police will swoop in and bust you. FWIW, they are usually big, if not bigger, JONG's than you. cracking on a newb cause he wants $50 more than you think his stuff is worth don't make you cool, ace. don't worry about the price police, but following the above guide (guide not RULE), will yield a better chance at a sale.
    Nice addendum. The Gear Swap Popos have ruined gear swap.

Why can't we gat a sticky for this?
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

Bump for this very important thread. And bumpity for A-wreck's request to make this sticky...
    To have a great adventure and survive requires good judgment. Good judgment comes from experience. And experience, of course, is the result of poor judgment. -Geoff Tabin

glad to catch up on some of the guidelines for the gear swap. i kinda blew it on the whole ebay thing earlier. ignorant irish...

BUMP for Lineskier-101's benefit. douchebag.
    Montani Semper Liberi

BLOODSWEATSTEEL Guest
    Bump for the JONGs, bump for a sticky, and bump for the post preservation society.

Bump for end-of-season sell-offs, and another request for stickifying.

Arrrrrhhh yah bilge rat, to the top yah go.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

bump for sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

sweet, it stuck!!
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

F I N A L L Y

CONGRATS ON THAT STICKY, MARSHAL

As I am a bit bored, discussing gear swap ethics seems like a good timepasser. A couple of issues:

We remember Lineskier101 who tried to resell flexons he got for free here for 90 bucks (?) + a pair of c-notes he wanted to resell for a pretty decent profit. So shouldn't that initial post include a little paragraph making it clear that it is very uncool to use gear swap as a profit making device, especially when the initial purchase/gift was an obvious act of kindness from a fellow maggot?

Also, recently there was a discussion about the difference between posting about cheap items on an e-bay auction, as opposed to making people aware of cheap items that are for sale at a limited quantity. There was some difference in opinion on how to treat these different situations. I am of the opinion that posting about items that are for sale at limited quantities, but fixed price is ok. Simply because whoever maggot saw the deal first would already have had the opportunity to score the item. Posting about such the availability of such an item would increase the probability that other maggots could take advantage of such opportunities. For auctions, making it public is likely to increase the price and hence ruin a great deal for a fellow maggot.

But I guess the jury is still out on this last kind of issue..
    Last edited by KANUTTEN; 05-22-2006 at 01:51 AM.
    All work and no play, ... you know...

so.... we can't cleverly bump it anymore?
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

We can. But it'll only make a difference for those (like me) who don't look at specific forums, but instead, click new posts.

"TGR KICKS ASS"
    - boring british

Marshal....The marker law. It needs to come back.

This is the word of god......
    Drive slow, homie.

dunno how i erased it, but its back. W3rD

aqui.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson
    dunno how i erased it, but its back. W3rD
    MARKERS - include them at your own risk. prolly worth more w/o bindings. Unless you have the ones that go to 30. You know someone here would be stoked to set their shit at 27. If you don't know, then search. Jongfucker.
    Drive slow, homie.

boom. pasted. funny.

Please update this page (BEFORE YOU SELL - READ THIS), or the Terms & Conditions for Want To Buy (WTB) threads/posts. I am looking for details on how direct a buyer can be can be, &/or whether or not they can post a list of preferences!
    Thanks.
    Mr. Jong & his bong
    Last edited by FreeHeelin; 10-25-2006 at 08:18 PM.
    aka JunkMonkey (Ttips) ... aka TheBadGuy (Ep'ick)

good stuff.

Is there any set policy on "lowballing" ??

. . .

I'm tired of best offer wins threads and then some assclown swoops in and ups the bid by a buck. What about a $5 minimum increase on a new offer/bid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Squatch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'm tired of best offer wins threads and then some assclown swoops in and ups the bid by a buck. What about a $5 minimum increase on a new offer/bid?
    you're the seller. it's a completely voluntary transaction. Just tell him to fuck off or up his bid.

there's a couple people on this board that I won't sell to due to various reasons.