Page 1478 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 ... LastLast
Results 36,926 to 36,950 of 41810
    ^^^ Murica! Fuck yeah!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Antonio Brown suspended 3 games for lying about his vax status surprises me not at all. Dude hasn’t been a good citizen for years

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Antonio Brown suspended 3 games for lying about his vax status surprises me not at all. Dude hasn’t been a good citizen for years

Why did he get 3 games and Rodgers got zero?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

when you are told " do this or get terminated " that is pretty definitive

trems of employment so I keep asking myself, where did the aniti-vax refusniks think this was going to go

I hesitate to say "how is it going to end" cuz it hasnt yet ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Overheard today:

Omicron is right out of a lab, a stripped down version of Covid that has been modified to be highly infectious, relatively benign and gives your immune system a big boost against all known variants. This was all a test.
    You learn so much interesting shit talking to people.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Overheard today:

It'll still be "natural" infection, though, right?
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I know a guy who recently got fired for falsifying his vax card. Young guy, good job, family and a nice house, but a total dumbass. Now a few of his buddies at the same job are refusing to get vaxxed and will be fired as a result. These guys were already punching above their weight in these jobs, and they'll probably not see that kind of money, benefits, etc for many years to come, but at least they didn't submit to getting a vaccine!
    It's Darwinian.

Overheard today:

And you didn’t say “Wow, I had no idea! Tell me more!”
    Disappointed…

Some background.

He was a plumber installing fire suppression and a Grizzly Bear of a man. Genial enough but not someone you wanted to start an argument with. His claim is that "they" have realized that the vaccine won't stop the experiment and it has gotten out of control so now the remedy is an engineered virus to enhance everyone'ss immune system. And this is just another way to confirm that they can now control the populace through the manipulation of virus. Then he started down the road of mind control etc.

It was about that time my phone rang.

Some background.

He was a plumber installing fire suppression and a Grizzly Bear of a man. Genial enough but not someone you wanted to start an argument with. His claim is that "they" have realized that the vaccine won't stop the experiment and it has gotten out of control so now the remedy is an engineered virus to enhance everyone'ss immune system. And this is just another way to confirm that they can now control the populace through the manipulation of virus. Then he started down the road of mind control etc.

Nice that phones can go off without making a sound these days.

My wife has been implementing the suggested "but did they die?" to similar effect. So far 100% effective at changing the subject, in fact--downside is it seems the next subject is politics. I may suggest an earpiece so she can use the incoming call option.

The long covid i suspect. VibesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211203_131418.jpeg 
Views:	113 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	395058

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    The long covid i suspect. VibesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211203_131418.jpeg 
Views:	113 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	395058

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Was her name Mary?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I went with the John's Johnson mom.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 12-03-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Some background.

it is difficult to be the biggest idiot. the competition is so big nowadays!

Some background.

You gotta judge the situation but I just listen and then give a blanket, “Nope.”

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Always good to have a child nearby to say, “that’s really dumb” with direct eye contact

You can say that with your eyes and expression without saying a word. Worked for me a time or three.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v43/...e-lock-rattles

"For most of history, infectious disease has been one of the central realities of human life. Jared Diamond’s Guns, Germs and Steel (1997) is overly deterministic, but the basic point it makes about the importance of contagious illness to human history remains valid. The map of our planet was shaped by infectious disease: Cortés gets most of the blame/credit, but it was the viruses he brought with him that destroyed the Aztec empire. It’s not just in the past and at population-wide scale that such illnesses have shaped humanity. Both my parents’ lives were fundamentally altered by infectious disease. My father caught polio in childhood in Africa and spent a year in bed with a leg brace; my mother caught tuberculosis as a young woman in Dublin and spent many months in a sanatorium. Her fiancé, whom she’d met in the sanatorium, died. Stories like this were not unusual among people born in the early decades of the last century. One of the main reasons global life expectancy has more than doubled since 1900 is that we have vaccines against diseases such as polio and TB.
    The weird world – Western, educated, industrialised, rich and democratic – has responded poorly to Covid, and part of the reason is that the weird world had been existing at a distance from this central reality of human history. As Adam Tooze points out in his brilliant book Shutdown, 91 per cent of deaths in the contemporary West are from noncommunicable diseases like cancers and strokes and heart attacks, many of them illnesses associated with modern lifestyles. The equivalent figure in sub-Saharan Africa is 34 per cent. We have a generation of leaders in the West who have no visceral understanding of the risks posed by infectious illness. In addition, as David Runciman has pointed out, politicians and government don’t get credit for the disasters and failures they prevent. The combination of these two factors – generational obliviousness and the bias away from the good governance of prevention – goes a long way to explaining why the UK government, despite having had the possibility of pandemic at the top of its risk register since that register was instituted in 2008, was so woefully unprepared for an event it was its job to predict and either prevent or mitigate."

HELENA — One Montana hospital went into lockdown and called police after a woman threatened violence because her relative was denied her request to be treated with ivermectin.

Officials of another Montana hospital accused public officials of threatening and harassing their health care workers for refusing to treat a politically connected COVID-19 patient with that antiparasitic drug or hydroxychloroquine, another drug unauthorized by the Food and Drug Administration to treat COVID-19.

And in neighboring Idaho, a medical resident said police had to be called to a hospital after a COVID-19 patient’s relative verbally abused her and threatened physical violence because she would not prescribe ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine, “drugs that are not beneficial in the treatment of COVID-19,” she wrote.

These three conflicts, which occurred from September to November, underline the pressure on health care workers to provide unauthorized COVID-19 treatments, particularly in parts of the country where vaccination rates are low, government skepticism is high, and conservative leaders have championed the treatments.

“You’re going to have this from time to time, but it’s not the norm,” said Rich Rasmussen, president and CEO of the Montana Hospital Association. “The vast majority of patients are completely compliant and have good, robust conversations with their medical care team. But you’re going to have these outliers.”

Even before the pandemic, the health care and social assistance industry — which includes residential care facilities and child day care, among other services — led all U.S. industries in nonfatal workplace violence, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. COVID-19 has made the problem worse, leading to hospital security upgrades, staff training and calls for increased federal regulation.

Ivermectin and other unauthorized COVID-19 treatments have become a major source of dispute in recent months. Lawsuits over hospitals’ refusals to provide ivermectin to patients have been filed in Texas, Florida, Illinois and elsewhere.

The ivermectin harassment extends beyond U.S. borders to providers and public health officials worldwide, in such countries as Australia, Brazil and the United Kingdom. Even so, reports of threats of violence and harassment like those recently seen in the Northern Rocky Mountains region have been relatively rare.

Ivermectin is approved to treat parasites in animals, and low doses of the drug are approved to treat worms, head lice and certain skin conditions in humans. But the FDA has not authorized the drug to treat COVID-19. The agency says that clinical trials are ongoing but that the current data does not show it is an effective COVID-19 treatment and taking higher-than-approved levels can lead to overdose.

Likewise, hydroxychloroquine can cause serious health problems and the drug does not help speed recovery or decrease the chance of dying of COVID-19, according to the FDA.

In Missoula, Montana, the Community Medical Center was placed on lockdown and police were called on Nov. 17 after a woman reportedly threatened violence over how her relative was being treated, according to a Police Department statement. Nobody was arrested.

“The family member was upset the patient was not treated with ivermectin,” Lt. Eddie McLean said Tuesday.

Hospital spokesperson Megan Condra confirmed on Wednesday that the patient’s relative demanded ivermectin, but she said the patient was not there for COVID-19, though she declined to disclose the patient’s medical issue. The main entrance of the hospital was locked to control who entered the building, Condra added, but the hospital’s formal lockdown procedures were not implemented.

The scare was reminiscent of one that happened in Idaho in September. Dr. Ashley Carvalho, who is completing her medical residency training in Boise, wrote in an op-ed in the Idaho Capital Sun that she was verbally abused and threatened with both physical violence and a lawsuit by a patient’s relative after she refused to prescribe ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine.

“My patient was struggling to breathe, but the family refused to allow me to provide care,” Carvalho wrote. “A call to the police was the only solution.”

An 82-year-old woman who was active in Montana Republican politics was admitted to St. Peter’s Health, the hospital in Helena, with COVID-19 in October. According to a November report by a special counsel appointed by state lawmakers, a family friend contacted Chief Deputy Attorney General Kris Hansen, a former Republican state senator, with multiple complaints: Hospital officials had not delivered a power-of-attorney document left by relatives for the patient to sign, she was denied her preferred medical treatment, she was cut off from her family, and the family worried hospital officials might prevent her from leaving. The patient later died.

That complaint led to the involvement of Republican Attorney General Austin Knudsen, who texted a lobbyist for the Montana Hospital Association who is also on St. Peter’s board of directors. An image of the exchange was included in the report.

“I’m about to send law enforcement in and file unlawful restraint charges,” Knudsen wrote to Mark Taylor, who responded that he would make inquiries.

“This has been going on since yesterday and I was hoping the hospital would do the right thing. But my patience is wearing thin,” the attorney general added.

A Montana Highway Patrol trooper was sent to the hospital to take the statement of the patient’s family members. Hansen also participated in a conference call with multiple health care providers in which she talked about the “legal ramifications” of withholding documents and the patient’s preferred treatment, which included ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine.

Public Service Commissioner Jennifer Fielder, a former Republican state senator, left a three-minute voicemail on a hospital line saying the patient’s friends in the Senate would not be too happy to learn of the care St. Peter’s was providing, according to the special counsel’s report.

Fielder and the patient’s daughter also cited a “right to try” law that Montana legislators passed in 2015 that allows terminally ill patients to seek experimental treatments. But a legal analysis written for the Montana Medical Association says that while the law does not require a provider to prescribe a particular medication if a patient demands it, it could give a provider legal immunity if the provider decides to prescribe the treatment, according to the Montana State News Bureau.

The report did not offer any conclusions or allegations of wrongdoing.

Hospital officials said before and after the report’s release that their health care providers were threatened and harassed when they refused to administer certain treatments for COVID-19.

“We stand by our assertion that the involvement of public officials in clinical care is inappropriate; that individuals leveraged their official positions in an attempt to influence clinical care; and that some of the exchanges that took place were threatening or harassing,” spokesperson Katie Gallagher said in a statement.

“Further, we reviewed all medical and legal records related to this patient’s care and verified that our teams provided care in accordance with clinical best practice, hospital policy and patient rights,” Gallagher added.

The attorney general’s office did not respond to a request for comment but told the Montana Free Press in a statement that nobody at the state agency threatened anyone.

Rasmussen, the head of the Montana Hospital Association, said St. Peter’s officials have not reached out to the group for assistance. He downplayed the attorney general’s intervention in Helena, saying it often happens that people who know medical leaders or trustees will advocate on behalf of a relative or friend.

“Is this situation different? Certainly, because it’s from the attorney general,” Rasmussen said. “But I think the AG was responding to a constituent. Others would reach out to whoever they know on the hospital board.”

He added that hospitals have procedures in place that allow family members of patients to take their complaints to a supervisor or other hospital leader without resorting to threats.

Hospitals in the region that have watched the allegations of threats and harassment unfold declined to comment on their procedures to handle such conflicts.

“We respect the independent medical judgment of our providers who practice medicine consistent with approved, authorized treatment and recognized clinical standards,” said Bozeman Health spokesperson Lauren Brendel.

Tanner Gooch, a spokesperson for SCL Health Montana, which operates hospitals in Billings, Butte and Miles City, said SCL does not endorse ivermectin or other COVID-19 treatments that haven’t been approved by the FDA but doesn’t ban them, either.

“Ultimately, the treatment decisions are at the discretion of the provider,” Gooch said. “To our knowledge, no COVID-19 patients have been treated with ivermectin at our hospitals.”

The police were called by a political leader because the patient “was denied her preferred medical treatment”.

W. T. F.

We’ve had multiple providers receive death threats at my hospital for not treating patients with ivermectin and hcq. Our CEO gets daily death threats. Security has had to escort providers to and from their vehicles. Multiple protests at our partner facility and here. It’s sad and disgusting how fucked up people can be.

... 91 per cent of deaths in the contemporary West are from noncommunicable diseases like cancers and strokes and heart attacks, many of them illnesses associated with modern lifestyles. The equivalent figure in sub-Saharan Africa is 34 per cent. We have a generation of leaders in the West who have no visceral understanding of the risks posed by infectious illness.
    Thanks for posting this. Certainly helped me understand some of the behavior I'm seeing around the western world.

Yeah, I've been saying from the start that it's been nearly a century since the developed world has experienced such an easily communicable deadly virus. Aids required intimate contact, this just needs crowded spaces and bad ventilation. It's kind of remarkable, after a century of air travel and crowded to the max cities, but, here we are.

"For most of history, infectious disease has been one of the central realities of human life. Jared Diamond’s Guns, Germs and Steel (1997) is overly deterministic, but the basic point it makes about the importance of contagious illness to human history remains valid. The map of our planet was shaped by infectious disease: Cortés gets most of the blame/credit, but it was the viruses he brought with him that destroyed the Aztec empire. It’s not just in the past and at population-wide scale that such illnesses have shaped humanity. Both my parents’ lives were fundamentally altered by infectious disease. My father caught polio in childhood in Africa and spent a year in bed with a leg brace; my mother caught tuberculosis as a young woman in Dublin and spent many months in a sanatorium. Her fiancé, whom she’d met in the sanatorium, died. Stories like this were not unusual among people born in the early decades of the last century. One of the main reasons global life expectancy has more than doubled since 1900 is that we have vaccines against diseases such as polio and TB.
    The weird world – Western, educated, industrialised, rich and democratic – has responded poorly to Covid, and part of the reason is that the weird world had been existing at a distance from this central reality of human history. As Adam Tooze points out in his brilliant book Shutdown, 91 per cent of deaths in the contemporary West are from noncommunicable diseases like cancers and strokes and heart attacks, many of them illnesses associated with modern lifestyles. The equivalent figure in sub-Saharan Africa is 34 per cent. We have a generation of leaders in the West who have no visceral understanding of the risks posed by infectious illness. In addition, as David Runciman has pointed out, politicians and government don’t get credit for the disasters and failures they prevent. The combination of these two factors – generational obliviousness and the bias away from the good governance of prevention – goes a long way to explaining why the UK government, despite having had the possibility of pandemic at the top of its risk register since that register was instituted in 2008, was so woefully unprepared for an event it was its job to predict and either prevent or mitigate."
    Well said. People just don't understand it because the shared experience of severe pandemic disease is a faded memory at best, and non-existent for most of the western world.

Guns Germs and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies was absolutely on target (and a fascinating read), but I disagree that it was "over-deterministic." It is fantastic scholarship and should be required reading for high school history, and his follow on book, Collapse: How Societies Choose to Succeed or Fail, should be required reading for high school civics, or literally any American. The author is amazing in his expertise over the diverse subjects needed to discuss the core ideas of his work.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.