Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    After re-reading some previous posts, i think my times might be high because they hadn't been complete exhaled breath retention. I was holding my my breath and slowly exhaling throughout my breath hold.
    Complete exhale breath retention is much harder, and my times are cut in half.
    I look forward to learning more.

Am now into Day 17.

Breathing 3 to 5 times a day. Cold shower, no hot at all, 9 minutes two times a day.

Lost 4 pounds.

Sleeping great, appetite under control and inflammation way down.

Love this method.

Keep going, Charles!

We're just scratching the surface, it seems.

Migraine relief:
    http://www.3dayheadachecure.com/blog...zes-migraines/

And this article falls in line with the Hof training, yet (with some relief) does not mention Hof at all:
    https://www.bulletproofexec.com/tone...ervous-system/
    Last edited by gaijin; 05-25-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Good stuff. Thanks for the links!

26 days in. Down 6 lbs. BP is 115/60. Soreness after stregnth training is gone. No more Aleve.

Am liking this.

What about cold tub soaks? Any advice?

Damn. Impressive, mate.

As for cold tub soaks-- I find it easier than anticipated, but hope that is a result of focused preparation. I take a good 20 minutes of breathing first until I can trigger tinnitus and feel the energy flowing in my circulatory system. I like to enter cold when my ears are ringing.

Keep breathing. Get out when you want. Getting out when the needles stop and the pain goes away is a good point. (like 1-3 minutes?) I had my wife present the first time I dunked myself in an ice bath simply because it was kind of scary. Like-- "Am I going to have a heart attack? I've never done this before."

I think it's reasonable to be scared of it. There is very little in our daily lives that says getting into an ice bath is probably a good idea. It's not until after we undergo the training and conversion of our metabolism & brown fat that the cold begins to call us.

And don't expect any miracles. I think simply getting in, not dying, and learning you can still function enough to get yourself out is probably an accomplishment for the first time.

Good luck. Slow and steady. Play the long game.

Many thanks!

I thought I was done losing weight but I hit another all-time low yesterday at 63.8kilos / 140lbs. I don't know how much further this can go at 5'9". I've probably lost muscle at this point. I know I'm not as active once the snow melts. And even though I feel rad, I can't help but think I should be implementing some heavier workouts.

I've never been on this end of the spectrum before-- designing workout plans to gain weight, as opposed to shed it.

Eat more, and eat more often lift heavy. less cardio. it's really simple: more calories consumed than burned = weight gain.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465617159.370285.jpg
Views: 2767
Size:  346.5 KB
    Get em while they're cold

Yeah, Chiller! I wish I was there. Ice gets expensive quick.

Any ladies tried the Wim Hof Method?

I've been trying to find some experiences of women who've undertaken Wim Hof's training but I keep ending up on this site. I'm on week 3 but I started the ice baths in week 2 and I'm really liking them. I'm very curious about your weight loss experience and wondering if women might experience similar results. Has your wife tried the method?

Gaijun! Evil Russian Tank game creators!

Seriously- Breathing exercises and meditation, are the key elements to a focused body and mind.
    I heal at superhuman speed ..and feel absolutely awesome ,when I am engaged in these practices.

Cold weather therapy sounds intensely sik>i'll stik to reading that one
    (though- I know 1st hand from standing on a bus stop for many winters-at 5 am-in zero degree temps- that coping with intense cold can strengthen -in that cold your muscles fire up involuntarily and it is a sort of work out )
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

I see a few you say .." I can't get it cold enough in a hotel" errrr>take the garbage can>remove the bag> and fil it at the ice machine>usually there is beers under the ice,not peoples
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

LOL you credulous fuckers are getting mega trolled here.

Been dong this daily since early May 2016. After really hard workours, I follow a cold shower with a cold soak in the tub.

Am really glad I discovered this here on TGR.

PS--I met a guy who played safety for the Philly Eagles. He said the cold soak was mandatory and really beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by m491ab View Post
    Has your wife tried the method?
    No. She's tried but hates cold water and can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by charles martel View Post
    Been dong this daily since early May 2016. After really hard workours, I follow a cold shower with a cold soak in the tub.

Am really glad I discovered this here on TGR.

PS--I met a guy who played safety for the Philly Eagles. He said the cold soak was mandatory and really beneficial.
    ^^^ so true... watchin nfl, Is where I got my therapy when injured or super sore muscles.
    Basically ,you want to reduce swelling as quick as possible..but, to promote cell regeneration>heat seems to be applied right after the cold.

A Hot bath right after ,the cold one ,would be most beneficial in my opinion.
    The process can be repeated as you want..everything in life is a process..then we get processed; you process that?

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    ^^^ so true... watchin nfl, Is where I got my therapy when injured or super sore muscles.
    Basically ,you want to reduce swelling as quick as possible..but, to promote cell regeneration>heat seems to be applied right after the cold.

The process can be repeated as you want..everything in life is a process..then we get processed; you process that?
    Yup.

Gonna try your suggestion. Thx.
    Last edited by charles martel; 01-17-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    No. She's tried but hates cold water and can't be bothered.
    I took a 20 minute ice bath tonight and did 4 rounds of breathing in the bath, then I did another round out and did 21 pushups. That might not seem like a lot but I do decline pushups, with my feet up, so they're a bit tougher. The most pushups I ever did before Wim Hof at once were 15 in a row, so 21 is pretty good for me. I'm really liking the ice baths, like someone wrote somewhere, I feel like I'm seeking out the cold water now, which is weird because when I started the method I was only going to do the breathing part.

I'm so grateful you wrote your original post ~ not only are you a very good writer, it was one of a couple of things that inspired me to start the Wim Hof course. I hope I have the same results you do but I suppose it will depend on how much brown fat I have to begin with and if I'm able to increase the amount or not, plus women apparently have less brown fat than men (I think I read that somewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post

Bod did not like mixing hot and cold. Going to stick with just cold for now.

Thanks for the idea, though.

Quote Originally Posted by m491ab View Post
    ... I feel like I'm seeking out the cold water now, which is weird because when I started the method I was only going to do the breathing part ...
    Yes, for sure, the for me. Keep it up.

Would one of the Original Gangsters be so kind as to write out the basics of the breathing /cold water process over 10 weeks?

I very interested in the pro gram but not ready to spend $200

Quote Originally Posted by iwoody808 View Post
    Would one of the Original Gangsters be so kind as to write out the basics of the breathing /cold water process over 10 weeks?

I very interested in the pro gram but not ready to spend $200
    Haven't you been following along? Sharing cheese fries, ski passes, and knowledge is immoral.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Haven't you been following along? Sharing cheese fries, ski passes, and knowledge is immoral.
    breathe > freeze> breathe > try not to give yourself a heart attack ,if you are not quite in decent athletic condition> send me 50$ for the info, is fine.