Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town

Magic Mt 17/18 We Clean-Up Nice!!!

DoWork has been doing a FANTASTIC job bringing our much-loved ski hill back from the brink and well on the path towards commercial sustainability. I know he has been busy, but he has slacked on starting this thread and asked me to step-in and kick it off!

I can’t express how much fun it has been to watch the new ownership group / operations team / volunteers fix the place up. Their accomplishments in just 12 months are so impressive, I can’t imagine what they will accomplish over the next few years. Most importantly, they have done it while keeping the spirit and feel of the mountain in place. Unfortunately, as the new management team continues to display competence, effort, commercial sense, and a genuine love for skiing, we have most of our typical discussion topics. I guess we will have to settle for stoke this year!

First some of DoWork and crew's latest efforts...

Before DoWork & Crew
    Name:  1931394_10153146736187038_8166969035907563012_n.jpg
Views: 2162
Size:  105.8 KB

After DoWork & Crew
    Name:  24059042_10159630134300414_1733236554922561138_n.jpg
Views: 2092
Size:  74.5 KB

Now to kick off some stoke…

I'm sure the rest of you have WAY BETTER Stoke to share. Please keep the pics and stoke coming all winter!!!!!

Alternatively, if you are feeling nostalgic and want to complain about management/ownership, you can always go over to the KSL thread.

Awwww yeah! I will add a bunch of progress pics when I get some time but HOT DAMN there are a ton of changes happening right now!! Stoked to be here and friggin jacked to the moon to see everyone back this season!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Will there be a local ski shop dealio?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    ON3P will be there for the saturday opening day with a demo fleet! Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces!

Looking forward to a visit or two this winter.

Magic race team representing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171125_085305.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	527.5 KB 
ID:	217493
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hell yeah.

I asked this question in the NE thread, but it's probably more appropriate here - how did magic make out in that wind storm from a few weeks ago? Will we be playing limbo under downed trees through the woods?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Will there be a local ski shop dealio?
    Of course! Have Da Boss call down to the office, I'm pretty sure we have some kind of deal. If not let me know, I can work something out for shop workerzzz.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Congrats DW. I will be in touch. Haven't been up to Magic in many many years. My buddy used to be on patrol there

Sent from my LGMS330 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Hell yes! I'll have Tom call sometime this week.
    Hoping to turn a bunch of folks onto Magic this Xmas week and beyond. Nice to have a professionally run area within easy striking distance from Ludlow.
    Keep on, Keeping on!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Dangur View Post
    Hell yeah.

I asked this question in the NE thread, but it's probably more appropriate here - how did magic make out in that wind storm from a few weeks ago? Will we be playing limbo under downed trees through the woods?

The usual. Blowdown sprinkled throughout, a few trees down here and there. May slap together an impromptu hiking/search party this weekend to scout areas and do some basic cleanup as well as identify areas that need hot saws.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Hell yes! I'll have Tom call sometime this week.
    Hoping to turn a bunch of folks onto Magic this Xmas week and beyond. Nice to have a professionally run area within easy striking distance from Ludlow.
    Keep on, Keeping on!

Thanks man! We appreciate every kind word said and I can't wait to ski some pow in these new trees this season. The level of fun and shenanigans that will be maintained will be all-time.

I see that Magic is part of the "Freedom Alliance", which includes Black Mt, NH http://s288603809.onlinehome.us/freedompass/ https://www.blackmt.com/
    If any Magic passholders seek a quick change of scenery, I belong to a club very close to Black Mt. and next door to one of the best bars in ski country and close to the tax-free outlets of North Conway http://mtwashingtonvalley.org/things...ing.cfm?LD=528.
    Within an hour there are many other ski areas as well (Attitash - 5 mins, Cranmore - 10 mins, Wildcat 15 mins, Bretton Woods 30 mins. Sunday River - 1 hour)
    Lodging is $25 a person(bring your own sleeping gear/towel). It is set up like a hostel - kitchen, fireplace, TV etc in the party/hangout house and lodging in a separate building(always quiet).
    Hit me up if interested, I can hook you up.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I can't wait to ski some pow in these new trees this season.
    The new trees Don't those ones get buried in the snow and you just ski over them?

Don't forget to turn those snow guns towards the woods.

Missed this thread yesterday but still got in on page 1. Going to be an incredible year. Thanks DoWork!

I'm fairly certain it will be an incredible season of this:

. . . and hopefully this, too:

Thanks! We needed this...
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

The usual. Blowdown sprinkled throughout, a few trees down here and there. May slap together an impromptu hiking/search party this weekend to scout areas and do some basic cleanup as well as identify areas that need hot saws.
    PM or text me if this comes together, not sure what I'm up to yet but could be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    That day did not suck!
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Do I need a beard to ski there?

So I heard this rumor that Stratton's permit to replace the Snowbowl lift expires in 2018 and if/when they replace it Magic is trying to buy it and if so when the heli pulls it out it will fly the poles over to Magic and they'll install it and then 4 people will be able to ride up together all the way to the tippy top of Glebe Mountain.

Confirm?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

. . . and hopefully this, too:
    MiCol should be spancering me for the exposure I give!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    So I heard this rumor that Stratton's permit to replace the Snowbowl lift expires in 2018 and if/when they replace it Magic is trying to buy it and if so when the heli pulls it out it will fly the poles over to Magic and they'll install it and then 4 people will be able to ride up together all the way to the tippy top of Glebe Mountain.

Confirm?

Well you just wrote it on the internet so it must be true, right?

In all reality I’d love to replace Black with the Sunbowl, but that is not happening as of right now.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

is there still that big bomb hole under the chair on the far left side of the mt ? I remember a giant sand trap kinda deal towards the bottom. It was perfect for hucking big back scratchers and landing in the transition of the hole. wish we had video footage of that. also, I remember saint patty's day and folks hang gliding off the top. Place is so old school. Nice job, DW !
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Increasing uphill capacity leads to increased beatings on trails and glades due to the increase in downhill traffic. Careful what you wish for.

If you will run snowmaking all the time to remedy the traffic issue, the traffic will be concentrated where those snowmaking refills are...you ready for that? Opps? Patrol? Parking? Base facilities?

It will likely lead to a "character change"....

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Increasing uphill capacity leads to increased beatings on trails and glades due to the increase in downhill traffic. Careful what you wish for.

If you will run snowmaking all the time to remedy the traffic issue, the traffic will be concentrated where those snowmaking refills are...you ready for that? Opps? Patrol? Parking? Base facilities?

It will likely lead to a "character change"....
    Don’t be that guy!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Just pointing out the bleeding obvious....

Fortunately, it looks like growth for growth's sake is not geting much play.