Question WTB old skis: Nordica Beast 92/92TT/"Limited Edition" 188cm

Long shot, I know, because these skis are all 15-20 years old...
    ...but if you know of any pairs in good shape kicking around someone's garage, especially NOS, let me know.
    Just mounted an old pair up and am having a lot of fun on them.

They sometimes looked like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41333.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	318.1 KB 
ID:	434855

And sometimes like this (red pair on top):
    Name:  DSC_0137.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  85.6 KB

Names included "The Beast", "Beast 92," "Beast 92TT," "The Beast Limited Edition."
    They're all the same ski, with notched tip and tail...just different graphics (which are always some combination of black and red).
    The important part is that I need the 92 waist version, in 188cm: there were other "The Beast" skis that look similar but were narrower, and usually shorter.

If anyone is holding, let me know! Thanks

I have a pair of the red ones in the lower pic, horizontal, sitting in the garage.

I'm outta town and should be home post holidays, next monday with any luck.

Prolly in good shape, can't remember. Wouldn't have them if they are shite.

yours for shipping costs. From JH.

Holla.

Pretty sure they have markers on them, jus sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I have a pair of the red ones in the lower pic, horizontal, sitting in the garage.

I'm outta town and should be home post holidays, next monday with any luck.

Prolly in good shape, can't remember. Wouldn't have them if they are shite.

yours for shipping costs. From JH.

Holla.

Pretty sure they have markers on them, jus sayin.
    If it's easier/cheaper for you to ship without bindings, I'll take them flat.
    If you just want to get rid of the Markers, I'll pay shipping as is.
    PMed you with some details.

Thanks so much!

Will holla afta vacay...

Alright, here's what I got...

but 2 things first: they say 177 but stand at 188, what's up with that?
    They have 2-3 mounts on them, if that's an issue, bases and sidewalls are solid and unmolested, not a single base weld.

Name:	nb1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	436005

Name:	nb3.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	436006

Name:	nb2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	436007

Name:	nb5.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	436008

Name:	nb4.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	436009
    Those rossi's are 188's and the beast actually has a tad longer running length. Camber is fat too.

If ya want them, say so and we'll go from there.

I had 2 pairs of these around 04-08. The first pair (red) were mounted alpine bent a few inches in front of the binding during a spring bump session at snowbird. The second pair (black se) were mounted with bd01 and used as 50-50 tele rig. The natural skin clip tail eventually de-laminated. Fun tele skis.

I guessing those are just mislabeled from the factory. I had a pair of 188s, all red, little eyes on them to look like snakes. Mrs C had some 177s, and they were definitely shorter than the 188s.

I remember them being like what Pocket Rockets should have been. Kind of fragile though.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

If you’re looking for a similar modern ski, I find the Dynastar Menace/Slicer 98 to be very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I guessing those are just mislabeled from the factory. I had a pair of 188s, all red, little eyes on them to look like snakes. Mrs C had some 177s, and they were definitely shorter than the 188s.

I remember them being like what Pocket Rockets should have been. Kind of fragile though.
    Yes, that's exactly what they ski like: a stiffer wood-core Pocket Rocket that lasts more than five days. That means they're a lot of fun in just about any conditions. For hard snow I like mounting at the line or +1: for deeper snow you can go back to -1. I didn't like them any farther back.

A lot of them got blown out the back door by Nordica reps for $300 or less, back in the day. That's where I got mine.

The first generation graphics were red with yellow snake eyes, like Djongo's and El Chup's. This is the most common version.
    The next generation was still snakes, but red-and-black stripes/scales down the ski and more abstract eyes. I can't find a picture online.
    The final generation had the tribal graphics from the OP.
    All were the same ski.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack
    f you’re looking for a similar modern ski, I find the Dynastar Menace/Slicer 98 to be very similar.
    Thank you! They even have a similar radius in 188/189., 25 vs 27m in 188. I'll keep that in mind as I slowly kill my remaining pair(s). As you pointed out, the Beast was ironically not the most robust of skis...although mine lasted until I completely trashed the bases and edges, I did have to repair a delam with boat epoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained
    Alright, here's what I got...
    You've got a PM.

Had to haul them out to find the length on the sidewall. Upon doing so I discovered that they were not the requested 188. Since I had them out I figured I would snap photos and offer them up to OP or anyone else if interested as there days here are over.

183 Beast 75TT

Name:	4EC5CFEE-A960-4441-9DEE-90FB395AB333.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	879.2 KB 
ID:	436216

Name:	9BCD12F0-F05F-4689-A0F8-8BDC2887D00A.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	389.8 KB 
ID:	436217

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Had to haul them out to find the length on the sidewall. Upon doing so I discovered that they were not the requested 188. Since I had them out I figured I would snap photos and offer them up to OP or anyone else if interested as there days here are over.

183 Beast 75TT
    Great find...I've never seen a 75TT before. There were a lot of short-radius hardpack skis with the Beast name, but none of them had the same graphics as the 92TT: they tended to be black, white, or gray, and they didn't have the yellow gel bumpers or the notched tail.

Is that binding mount plate built into the ski? Looks like it.

Skis are in the mail. Pm'd ya a tracking number.

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    Is that binding mount plate built into the ski? Looks like it.
    Indeed.

Name:	C10F06A6-88F7-451D-853B-A2F1403C26B3.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	657.6 KB 
ID:	437245

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Skis are in the mail. Pm'd ya a tracking number.
    You've got $. Thanks again!

mooseknuckles: Too bad about the built-in binding and plate. Hidden disadvantages of those captive binding systems include "what happens when the binding is no longer indemnified?" and "what happens when binding norms change and you can't get Gripwalk/multinorm bindings?"

I can't help but notice that the captive binding craze came in around Y2K and mostly went away by 2010. I think Volkl started it when Marker bought them (remember the "Motion" series?) but I could be wrong.