Page 111 of 510 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 12735
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeezeBall View Post
    Serious question. If you were in an at fault car accident in that thing would insurance even cover you?
    Only if you had a rider on your insurance. Even a BS insurance company wouldn't cover that POS.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I hadn't seen the Escape before -- looks like a Scamp or Casita.

yardsale2 - what made you decide on the Escape vs. other fiberglass clamshell trailers? Curious because have a friend with a Casita, and Mrs. C. and I have discussed whether to keep the big truck + popup camper setup we have, or sell it and replace with a trailer. There are pros + cons to every RV option...
    Exchange rate, bro! ;-)

And the quality seems a bit higher. Not surprised at the winter water tank comment. Would likely use the water minimally in winter anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Update because it's been a while. I've been in the rig since thanksgiving, and am currently winding down the trip with an expected April return date. It's been pretty rad, I'd change a few things but for the most part the rig has been dialed!

Going to do a longer TR when I have some time (who am I kidding I have so much time, I'm just lazy). So here's a few pics for now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_20161101_144238.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	202121
    Name:  LRM_EXPORT_20170130_092318.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_20170305_170704.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	202123
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

^^^Nice set up - any idea of what your payload+tongue weight were? And since it is seemingly 2.5k+, did you modify the suspension? I would love to put my bigfoot on a tundra, but never thought it could carry it.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    ^^^Nice set up - any idea of what your payload+tongue weight were? And since it is seemingly 2.5k+, did you modify the suspension? I would love to put my bigfoot on a tundra, but never thought it could carry it.
    Camper tag says 1755 dry. I'd imagine I have about 400 pounds extra added to that. As far as tongue weight I'd guess 300? I would love to weigh it but don't have a scale like that. The trailer weight is probably right around 5k (2500 empty, it's a pig).

I'm going to scale the whole rig one of these days and I will be sure to let you know.

As far as modifications, I added Firestone Ride-rite airbags, the TRD sway bar, and E rated tires. The truck handles it like a champ with about 80 PSI in the bags (out of 100).

Yes it has body roll, no it doesn't stop fast (faster with the trailer actually thanks to the trailer brakes), and no it is not rated for it.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

The garage of the sit ski hauling camper van I am building.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Van Garage.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	202195

Slept through sustained 80mph windstorm last night. Confirmed that I'm on the right track with the Bigfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by -Devin- View Post
    The garage of the sit ski hauling camper van I am building.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Van Garage.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	202195
    What is the framing of the bed made out of?

^^^ FKNA that is a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    ^^^ FKNA that is a beauty!
    Given the sparse details of the listing I'll bet it's a hoax.
    This category seems to be rife with that type of activity, we see a lot of that with Tiger listings.

Those photos look like promotional material. Sooo clean. The lack of a front license plate is also a little odd.

The locust tree in that pic looks out of place in Skagit county.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    The lack of moss growing on the truck is a little out of place in Skagit county.
    FIFY.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Given the sparse details of the listing I'll bet it's a hoax.
    This category seems to be rife with that type of activity, we see a lot of that with Tiger listings.
    Bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Those photos look like promotional material. Sooo clean. The lack of a front license plate is also a little odd.
    Some engineered is paid big coin to design that bumper to only get butchered by some punk in a prison stamping cheap metal. I have never put a front plate on a vehicle I purchased new so I totally missed that detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    FIFY.
    Not garage stored?

Damn gents, was stoked for some mag to score a sick 4x4 with my grandmas houses interior.

Bastards!

Some engineered is paid big coin to design that bumper to only get butchered by some punk in a prison stamping cheap metal. I have never put a front plate on a vehicle I purchased new so I totally missed that detail.

Not garage stored?

Damn gents, was stoked for some mag to score a sick 4x4 with my grandmas houses interior.
    That'd be a pretty serious garage

Bastards!

No problem, this one looks legit.

https://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/6021863765.html

Serro Scotty Regalia on a Dodge 3500 4x4 chassis with the most reliable and easy to work on 5.9 12v cummins diesel engine with only 7X,XXX miles. This is the perfect four season vacation getaway and Baja adventure package. I put this rig together to make the Pan American highway trip and local trips to the coast and desert, but plans have changed and would like to pass this on to someone who will appreciate and use them for their intended purpose. I'm not in a hurry to sell and I'm firm on the prices, especially the motorhome. The Regalia is the luxury model from Serro Scotty and the closest thing that I've found is an Earthroamer and they cost around $300K for a used one. The Scotty is a 1997 coach on a 1996 3500 Ram chassis and measures 25' long. Just put over $10k into the front end, new exhaust brake, airbags, new furnace, new generator and $5k for a rebuilt tranny and $1300 for new tires. The rig has almost $20k in upgrades through the years including engine monitoring system, water and air in the fuel purging system, solar panel for off the grid use and many more things that make this rig very well equipped.

I have a 2005 Subaru Baja Turbo manual that tows beautifully behind the coach. It has 15X,XXX miles. New clutch, rebuilt heads, timing, brakes, snow tires....

Looking to get $35000 for the Scotty and $9000 for the Baja separately or $42000 together.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    That'd be a pretty serious garage
    Priorities! shop/garage vs house.

Sustained 80mph winds in the Bigfoot is VERY impressive! You are ready for a trip on the high seas.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    No problem, this one looks legit.

https://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/6021863765.html
    Very nice. As the resident Tiger expert did you see this one? http://forum.expeditionportal.com/th...cab-4x4-diesel

You all could have a his & hers Tiger!

Name:	FWC fairing.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	992.1 KB 
ID:	202724

I plan to paint it or have it powder coated

Name:	FWC fairing side.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	636.7 KB 
ID:	202725

Nice fabrication project Steve -
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Looks great. Have you taken it out for a spin yet? Tell us how well it works.

^^^ I love how there are no interior pics in the ad.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    ^^^ I love how there are no interior pics in the ad.
    Pretty sure it says text for interior pics.

Pretty sure it says text for interior pics.
    Sure, but why would it be preferable to deal with that hassle rather than represent the true condition of the vehicle from the outset?