Page 86 of 191 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 4757
    You can always go to the mall and eat at Hoagieville. Guaranteed to be a hipster-free experience. Cheese fries!

You haven't lived till you've had a JJ's Breakfast Special at 2:30am at The Oxford. Or maybe it's "died".
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

WOOT WOOT! Nukin' in Missoula

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    Thanks everyone! Is Snowbowl less prone to being socked in than Whitefish? Two of us are from the Koots so we love our trees, but I'm not sure about our eastern friend.

How are your bases out there? We are still on the low side up here, lots of hazards in the trees, but we don't have a lot of summer grooming.

Hopefully it starts snowing.
    Please just know that Missoula is a wonderful place with lots of happy people and that in response to your above question:

yes, Snowbowl is far less prone to fog than Whitefish. Whitefish invariably gets bigger dumps, has faster lifts, and better groomers.

But If it's an equal pow day at both Ill always choose "the Bowl" due to the better top to bottom fall line vert.

The bowl may also be a little easier for an out of towner to figure out since you can see everything from the Griz Chair. Whitefish requires some map and sign reading and a willingness to traverse to find good lines. If you ski the fish here's what you do on a pow day if you make first chair: ski the 4-5 chair lines, then good medicine. Those are the two lines that give the most very right of the top, then hit elephants to haskells slide, then an east rim or north bowl, then hell roaring cause it will just have opened.

Good luck

hard to belive Taco Johnny would do that, he's such a wise businessman with tremendous long-term vision. OTOH, he does show decent appraisal skills where the New Mountain Valhalla transplants are concerned, they want everything made safe for them, and would likely sue Marshall for a mishap on a skin-up-ski-down venture in the Marshall footprint.

You haven't lived till you've had a JJ's Breakfast Special at 2:30am at The Oxford. Or maybe it's "died".
    Brains 'n' Eggs at the Ox are a fantastic way to end the evening.

MAYBE hash browns and gravy, but no way brains 'n' eggs. And no matter what you eat in the Ox at 2 a.m., it's a mistake. You will not feel any better in the morning, perhaps much worse. And you will be emitting much stinkage out your butthole.

The Old Town, now, that place could make a mean omelet. Also really liked the yogurt pancakes. Is it still in business?

Raced in the telemark racing series at Marshall Mountain way back when. Under the lights in the evenings, icy as shit, skinny tele gear sliding around. Good times. But I always wondered who the heck would ever pay to ski there, because I sure never did. After I had kids I realized that it was probably supported by families with little kids who thought Snowbowl was more than they wanted to bite off. Seems like something productive should be made of the old place. I hope they get this issue worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    After I had kids I realized that it was probably supported by families with little kids who thought Snowbowl was more than they wanted to bite off.
    I still skied snowbowl, but I took the after school lessons at Marshall growing up. Cost less than snowbowl and also better beginners area. The rope tow at Snowbowl is worthless. Also in high school the Marshall t-bar at night was an great spot to learn to telemark for not much money. Very convenient to town. Bummer they no longer run the lifts, was a cool place and many fond memories.

MAYBE hash browns and gravy, but no way brains 'n' eggs. And no matter what you eat in the Ox at 2 a.m., it's a mistake. You will not feel any better in the morning, perhaps much worse. And you will be emitting much stinkage out your butthole.

The Old Town, now, that place could make a mean omelet. Also really liked the yogurt pancakes. Is it still in business?

Raced in the telemark racing series at Marshall Mountain way back when. Under the lights in the evenings, icy as shit, skinny tele gear sliding around. Good times. But I always wondered who the heck would ever pay to ski there, because I sure never did. After I had kids I realized that it was probably supported by families with little kids who thought Snowbowl was more than they wanted to bite off. Seems like something productive should be made of the old place. I hope they get this issue worked out.
    I'm sorry your stomach is such a pussy
    No longer stuck.

WOOT! fLIPPER- tHE WHEEL

Nice of them to reopen LaVelle this afternoon.

Where is the 'woot woot nukin'? Looks like I won't be going, not worth the money if it's not snowing. Thanks for the info, I will get there at some point! It's been on the list for a while, just need it to snow...

just saw a mare's tail.

How's Wisherd looking? Anyone been up that way recently? The snow go far enough down to take a sled up?

Drove home from West Yellowstone yesterday -- shocked at how screwed the snowpack is across the state. Looks like late March. Woke up to steady rain and 37 in Missoula. Webcam showing rain on Lolo Pass. Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud cult View Post
    Drove home from West Yellowstone yesterday -- shocked at how screwed the snowpack is across the state. Looks like late March. Woke up to steady rain and 37 in Missoula. Webcam showing rain on Lolo Pass. Awful.
    Woke up yesterday to a fresh 8" at the bowl, Surprise!! Hopefully we stay in the mix this week!

That was a surprise read on the website. Is it raining at the bottom? It looks like it's raining half way up!
    No longer stuck.

I just think it's pretty lame that he titled the book "Missoula."
    Last edited by yeahman; 02-10-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Agreed. I think there is a huge difference between missoula as a whole and the university's administration (specifically the athletic dept. in this book I believe).

The city/county govt are highly corrupt, the PD out of control, the judges agree with PD. But the town is hip happening badass mountain town right? Yeah, city/county govt isn't the people at all. Nobody turns a blind eye toward the corruption of City Council, Mayor, Chief of Police, City Attorneys, County Prosecutors and thinks "we're the hot mtn town of the 21st C".

What should it be called? You want to blame Darby, or something? I think the title says it all. People move to "Missoula" they don't move to Missoula. And those who have moved to "Missoula" (rather than the actual place/people) like turning the blind eye because their fantasy "Missoula" can't possibly be disrupted.

You guys riding bikes down there? Trails dry?

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    The city/county govt are highly corrupt, the PD out of control, the judges agree with PD. But the town is hip happening badass mountain town right? Yeah, city/county govt isn't the people at all. Nobody turns a blind eye toward the corruption of City Council, Mayor, Chief of Police, City Attorneys, County Prosecutors and thinks "we're the hot mtn town of the 21st C".

What should it be called? You want to blame Darby, or something? I think the title says it all. People move to "Missoula" they don't move to Missoula. And those who have moved to "Missoula" (rather than the actual place/people) like turning the blind eye because their fantasy "Missoula" can't possibly be disrupted.
    Missoula is no different than any other college town, nobody said it was perfect. It's probably a good title from a publishing perspective, but I hate to see that book hanging around Missoula's neck in perpetuity. I'm sure many will be glad to see Missoula "put in its place." I'm not that cynical and vindictive, especially toward a place I lived many years and have great fondness for.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    You guys riding bikes down there? Trails dry?
    Been riding around on the road. There are a few trails you could ride but they are a bit muddy then everything else has plenty of ice in places. I have been thinking about checking out the lower stuff at blue mountain or trying out mo-z on mt sentinel but that would require me to go buy some sealant and mess with my tires.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Been riding around on the road. There are a few trails you could ride but they are a bit muddy then everything else has plenty of ice in places. I have been thinking about checking out the lower stuff at blue mountain or trying out mo-z on mt sentinel but that would require me to go buy some sealant and mess with my tires.
    Right on, thanks. I'm passing through in a couple days - debating whether to bring a bike. Still a lot of valley snow / ice / slush in the Flathead.

The guys at MSO Bike Source keep posting pictures of rideable trails. Not sure where, but they might tell you if you called.