Page 144 of 236 FirstFirst ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 5882
    Oh stop , you did!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm special

Indeed - cheers brother

Keep em goin gravity, take pride in fixing shit over tossing it and buying new.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    Keep em goin gravity, take pride in fixing shit over tossing it and buying new.
    Its the gift that keeps on giving

I can't go new right now so that's off the table and yeah, I'm definitely of the mind that keeping an older car going is the right thing (until all of a sudden it isn't). That's why my cars never have any value when I'm done with them, I mostly use them up and then something stupid expensive sidelines them and zaps what's left of the value. This one runs great (most of the time) but isn't worth squat so when I can afford something better this can turn into the extra it should have always been.
    Last edited by gravitylover; 05-22-2022 at 09:13 AM. Reason: grammar

My goal right now is to keep our '06 Forester going until there is a viable EV replacement. For me viable means: AWD/decent clearance/non-hybrid/min 1500 lbs tow capacity/available at a reasonable price (probably 2nd hand).

I wasn't able to adjust the ebrakes on the 4Runner very well because the old calipers were so rusty inside. So I ordered new coated calipers and adjusted them a bit farther out. This also gave me a chance to check to make sure the new axles seals were holding. They were.

Ebrakes better now. Will hold the truck on the driveway incline but still need to adjust the cable from inside the truck.

The redone rear axle is looking pretty damned sexy with all that coated metal and the Bilstein/OME-ARB springs.

Sexy in a Rock Auto kind of way. Not an overlander kind of way.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uglymoney; 05-22-2022 at 06:46 PM.

^^Looking good!!! I just love that shiny new metal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

I decided to preemptively swap out my coolant expansion tank on my new to me C30. Old one looked grody and OEM's dirt cheap so why not? Wanted a new cap to go along with it. Thanks to the internet, I was informed that the "Land Rover" part was way cheaper so just order that one instead and they referenced the LR part #. So parts came and check this out. Can you spot the difference? (Answer below pic)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220525_194740887.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	417377

The "Volvo" cap on the left would be $43 (double that at the dealer), and the new "Jaguar/Rover" cap on the right was $13 from the same store. Same #s printed on the caps and everything. Fits perfectly of course.

I picked up parts from this Volvo and general Euro parts place today Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220525_163552427.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	417378 They had a customer day thing going on with food trucks and such. Free pizza for lunch thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I picked up parts from this Volvo and general Euro parts place today Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220525_163552427.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	417378 They had a customer day thing going on with food trucks and such. Free pizza for lunch thank you.
    What?! You can actually go to FCP Euro?! Cool! That's where I buy most of my parts and their videos can be really helpful. Those FCP cars look badass.

Yeah I thought you'd dig that I go a few times a year when I don't feel like waiting for UPS. They have a kickass pickup system, you go in and find your name on the desktop computer and it tells you which locker to go to. Your stuff is packed and waiting in compartment # 163. Thanks and see ya next time

Yeah I thought you'd dig that I go a few times a year when I don't feel like waiting for UPS. They have a kickass pickup system, you go in and find your name on the desktop computer and it tells you which locker to go to. Your stuff is packed and waiting in compartment # 163. Thanks and see ya next time
    Neat! Seems those guys are the real deal. Very cool.

Ahhh , i remember back in the early 2000’s driving volvos and taking trips down to fcpgroton, just a little yellow warehouse then.

I think my brothers giving me his ‘09 s80 so i might be checking them out coming up soon.

They're definitely the real deal. I should've taken more pics for you guys, it was a full on event with warehouse tours and BBQ pigs. There were some cool cars hanging out too but I'm not into the slammed thing so half of them were just meh... Look at this shop though. Totally pro on every level and lifetime guarantee. Win.

It sux when you get new Lemforder strut bearings that feel great before you install them but then you put them in and find out it feels like crap and sounds even worse. Take one side apart again and realize they shipped them dry. Bearings need grease, duh... 5.5 hours and had the front end disassembled twice It feels pretty good now but my confidence is pretty low. At least now I know how to do it and won't have to pay the local shop again when it happens. Although, that guy has it down to about 45 minutes a side now and that's probably worth paying for.

Finally got to dive into the C30 a bit this weekend. Got my first CEL but it was just for a misfire on a single cylinder. Since parts were dirt cheap, I took it upon myself to just go ahead and swap all 5 coils and plugs. Also swapped out the coolant expansion tank. EASY job. Also knocked out the air filter which had to be the easiest I've ever encountered. They made this nice little tray you just lift up, swap the filter, slide back in. Take note, manufacturers. THIS is how routine maintenance items should be designed. Per gravity's advice, I also took care of the cabin air filter. He wasn't joking. That thing NEEDED to be done. Was filthy. All sorts of dirt and stuff fell out of the compartment. Disgusting. Freshened the AC right up. Now THAT job was kind of a PITA but glad it's done. Should go quicker next time now I know what I'm doing. So far, the cars a joy to work on.

Name:	PXL_20220527_225057031.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	417575

Name:	PXL_20220527_230010125.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	417576

Also got me a full blown Volvo Vida/Dice setup thanks to some hookups on the Volvo forums! F U dealer!!! Muahaha. It is game on for my old XC70.

Name:	PXL_20220528_213209738.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	417577

Nice. Look at that old laptop!

I hope your floor is clean enough to eat off of to match that setup.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 05-28-2022 at 09:42 PM.

Wait until you take the headlight out, lift one pin and the whole thing comes out in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Nice. Look at that old laptop!
    Yup! The ol Toughbook's a classic. Perfect for the garage. Esp since it's super compatible with the dealer software.
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I hope your floor is clean enough to eat off of to match that setup.
    Haha. You better believe it! Guess I'm all in on the brand now. Now I'll be on the lookout for people dumping their broke down ones with "dealer only" fixes now.
    Wait until you take the headlight out, lift one pin and the whole thing comes out in one piece.
    Yeah! SO ridiculously easy. My XC70's similar except it's a whopping 2 pins. Not even a screwdriver required to swap entire headlight assemblies! Thanks for the maintenance Intel btw. You were 100% spot on. PCV diaphragm is fine (for now) but will preemptively swap it out later this year anyway. Cheap enough and should save some inevitable headache later.

Now to start saving my pennies for some Pilot Sports cuz the new Falkens that came on it are kinda ass. Then better brakes and upgraded rear sway bar. Then upgrade the intercooler (thinking Do88). Will do Polestar or Elevate tune after those items are all addressed first.

I figure since I saved like $20,000+ over anything new these days, I can justify having a little fun with this thing, right? Haha.

Pilot Sports suck. They ride like shit and they're pretty much drift tires when the pavement temp gets too much below 50° and that car doesn't drift, it slides off the road. I might see what Nokian or Dunlop has that fits the bill. FWIW I had Dunlop Winter sports on the C30 and it laughed at anything under 6-8" on the road. It already eats rear brake pads like popcorn snacks so with better traction I'd expect that to be something you'd need to pay more attention to.

Pilot Sports suck. They ride like shit and they're pretty much drift tires when the pavement temp gets too much below 50° and that car doesn't drift, it slides off the road. I might see what Nokian or Dunlop has that fits the bill. FWIW I had Dunlop Winter sports on the C30 and it laughed at anything under 6-8" on the road. It already eats rear brake pads like popcorn snacks so with better traction I'd expect that to be something you'd need to pay more attention to.
    Huh. Haven't heard that opinion on the Pilots before. I've ran them before on previous cars and REALLY liked them. Was thinking about the Pilot AS4's for this one. Just didn't like them on this particular car or just in general? Not worried about cold temps or snow. That's what my XC is for.

Dunlop makes the SP Sport 5000 in my size, but they're $43 more a pop than the Pilots. Didn't find any Nokians in a 215/45R18 but won't buy em til theyre not Russian made anymore anyway. Heard they're planning on relocating the factories to US and EU.

Just put some Conti extreme contact sports on my 1 series for the summer. I am really impressed so far