Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1377
    Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    I like the boot, but I could see a better liner being a plus. What's everyone's go to for upping the ski performance a tad while keeping the touring orientation?
    I and others use a tour wrap. Walks a little worse, skis a little better. Very happy with that setup

I was skiing the boot inbounds to try it out when the weather at squaw was 60-70, so my opinion of more liner/power strap is probably skewed. I never felt the boot was holding me back in the park, bumps, or whatever on my 112 deathwishes, but A little extra snugness was needed after 7 or so days of that. I may just have a slightly large fit. Taking it to beartooth next week to get more feel for it. Boot didn't break even knucking more than a few times on slow jumps :P

Boot skis really really well for the weight!

Tecnica ZeroG Tour Pro - 2018- 9 boot

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Anybody found a good way to keep the "power strap" tight? Seems to loosen every chance it gets.

I like the boot, but I could see a better liner being a plus. What's everyone's go to for upping the ski performance a tad while keeping the touring orientation?
    I put in a pair of Intuition medium Volume Pro Tours from my last boot. I have a generous fit because I sized up to 29’s from 28’s so medium volume worked, but if you have a snugger fit, LV liners may be necessary. I still had a bit too much instep room and a bit of heel lift so I swapped out the MV liner tongue for a High Volume stiff tongue which solved the instep issue and pushed my foot back more firmly into the heel pocket solving that problem. Stiffer tongue makes a noticeable difference in the boot stiffness over regular soft one. The MV liner and HV stiff tongue upgrade made a huge difference for me transforming the boot from pretty good fit and decent downhill performance to great fit and performance.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tecnica ZeroG Tour Pro - 2018- 9 boot

Tried these on last week and loved the flex pattern and the fit with my wide forefeet and narrow ankles was great. I’m in Hawx XTD right now.

But how do you guys get over the fiddle factor of the buckles?

Wearing gloves, I would find it impossible to move the cable from the touring holder over to the buckles on transitions. It got caught on everything and generally sucked. Even barehanded it wasn’t easy, especially compared to a Hawx that has standard buckles.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Tried these on last week and loved the flex pattern and the fit with my wide forefeet and narrow ankles was great. I’m in Hawx XTD right now.

But how do you guys get over the fiddle factor of the buckles?

Wearing gloves, I would find it impossible to move the cable from the touring holder over to the buckles on transitions. It got caught on everything and generally sucked. Even barehanded it wasn’t easy, especially compared to a Hawx that has standard buckles.
    I thought the same, but bottom line is I got used to it. It’s still annoying but I’m pretty good at getting them to line up just right now. I also don’t take the wires off the carrier during a tour. I just open and close the buckles.

huh I've never had that problem
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I thought the same, but bottom line is I got used to it. It’s still annoying but I’m pretty good at getting them to line up just right now. I also don’t take the wires off the carrier during a tour. I just open and close the buckles.
    Pretty much this, although the cable sometimes pops out of the ladder-grooves. I just deal with this annoyance. It's not as if I'm a skimo dude in Lyra ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I would find it impossible to move the cable from the touring holder over to the buckles on transitions.
    Huh, who takes the extra effort to move the cable from skiing position to the first touring rung?
    Step 1 - loosen strap
    Step 2 - hit BOTH buckles at same time and open all the way forwards
    Step 3 - engage tour mode
    Step 4 - start walking

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Huh, who takes the extra effort to move the cable from skiing position to the first touring rung?
    Step 1 - loosen strap
    Step 2 - hit BOTH buckles at same time and open all the way forwards
    Step 3 - engage tour mode
    Step 4 - start walking
    So you apparently are not blessed with manly muscular calves. A pity. The ladies love them, although they do preclude me from touring with my buckles anywhere but fully open.

You are aware that the buckles flip open a full, 180 degrees?

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Just undo the cuff buckles from the ladders and lock them forward.

You jabronis act like I’ve never worn boots before.

I’m with falcon on this one. I also move the cable to the most open setting. Would be cool if tecnica added a longer throw and retention clip like the TLT 6 had. Would solve most of the ROM and fiddle factor issues.

Still the best touring boot I’ve owned. I tour with splitboarders so my fast transition times are mostly compensated with getting cold.

Anyone had luck with replacing the stock power strap with a voile strap or booster?

Not a huge fan of the cam system - wish my boots had a bit more of that booster elastic feel.

I'm about to drill out the power strap, I hate the cam system. But I also don't feel that I need to replace it with anything. The boots are plenty stiff for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Anyone had luck with replacing the stock power strap with a voile strap or booster?

Not a huge fan of the cam system - wish my boots had a bit more of that booster elastic feel.
    I replaced with some XL voile straps and that's worked well. The stock straps would loosen up almost immediately on mine.

I find mine not keeping a nice smooth bit of tension on my shins. I’ve been intrigued in the Voile strap approach but haven’t found any for sale in Whistler

You can replace the power strap buckle with one from Mach 1. Just slip it on. Doesn’t slip.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    You can replace the power strap buckle with one from Mach 1. Just slip it on. Doesn’t slip.
    Key in part #40377F00001 (or "Power Lock Hook") in the search box. The direct link (https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/...ed=40377F00001) may not work.

Curiously, the buckle shows up, but the link doesn't open (can't add it to the cart). Maybe it's a temporary website thing.

Mine work great ... in the living room ;-) I didn't pick them up until this Summer, so I can't report on use in the field.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

i just replaced the strap and buckle because i ordered the part before that info was known. a center punch and then a 3/32 drill bit got the rivets out nicely.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Key in part #40377F00001 (or "Power Lock Hook") in the search box. The direct link (https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/...ed=40377F00001) may not work.

Curiously, the buckle shows up, but the link doesn't open (can't add it to the cart). Maybe it's a temporary website thing.

Mine work great ... in the living room ;-) I didn't pick them up until this Summer, so I can't report on use in the field.

... Thom
    Can confirm this swap works great. The stock buckle is garbage.

I just ordered the buckle from Technica's site.

With continued issues with my alpine boot, this boot has become my daily boot now. Feels super intuitive to ski with the Deathwish on shift.

So flipping the lock, adding the spoiler helps with the downhill?

I love the flex, but the liner could be beefier around the ankle. Is a pro tour wrap the way to go for making these a makeshift downhill boot or has anyone tried some other liners?

The tour wrap has worked great in this boot for me and some other folks in the thread. I don't ski them inbounds though.

Picked up a pair of these and have two run in em with kiddos on the local bump.

Reading back over the thread and wondering if anyone has placed the top buckle and the strap with a single wide elastic strap? Something like the F1 Lt strap that co mingled with with a Booster?

I only need about a 110 flex boot and reading back sounds like one way to do that is just ditch the top strap.

Dig the fit n feel on em so far.

I like Pro Tours in mine. Haven't really ever gotten along with wrap liners though, so YMMV.