Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Don't worry, I'm leaving the coast for almost a month in a week and 1/2... the snow will come then.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    nah

We are still on the 18-19 thread cause the winter of 19-20 hasn't started yet.

I'm gonna burn some skis today, Ullr needs a sacrifice
    Should I start a 19-20 thread so maybe Ullr realizes there is work to do???

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Should I start a 19-20 thread so maybe Ullr realizes there is work to do???
    yeah, that's it, he's just confused!

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    I’m going reverse psychology on this bitch and doubling down. It seemed to work last year. Everyone load up on new ski gear. I think if we all blow 700$ on skis or boots it’ll start puking. Who’s with me?!
    Don’t worry, I bought new skis, bindings, boots and liners this fall. Should help turn the ship around soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    That EpicMix app is atrociously ugly and horrible UI, surprised they haven’t improved it. The old WB app (which was outdated UI but at least functional) is better and that came out in what 2012-13ish? It still kinda works.

Those pics, especially Creekside, is depressing. Forecast not great either in terms of total snowfall. Moar biking I guess. Sucks for people flying in to ski.
    People fly in to WB to ski early December? That's ballsy.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    People fly in starting at American Thanksgiving... Ballsy but most years early to mid December is decent skiing, relatively cheap and not crowded. I can't imagine it being a good call this year prior to Christmas but I hope I'm wrong. At least there is other stuff to do. Starting to wonder if I will be skiing WB over Xmas holidays, I'm lucky I have the option of flying to Cranbrook to stay with the inlaws and ski Fernie (if they get snow that is).

I've got unlimited early season until Dec13th, been waiting to pull trigger to come in from Toronto, looking like I might just have to do a trip to Banff and use my Ikon instead... Oh well, will make the pilgrimage to WB in April as per usual plan.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    ...my current gripe with Epic Mix is that it only seems to have recorded the times I rode green chair and Jersey, maybe Catskinner, too. Nothing else. I shouldn't even bother to look at the stats on there, but it's one of those things it's there so you look at it...
    That app is worse than ever, which is a feat in itself.

A few days ago I rode every open lift on both sides, except Excalibur and Village gondis, and some of them several times.

The app recorded a total of 1 ride up Jersey and 1 on Catskinner. Lol.

Epicmix doesn’t seem to ever register excelerator rides for me. But I can’t think of reason why I should care.

Warm wet and foggy today. Some peeps hiking up for Saudan. Prolly was half decent with the new snow. It looks like you have to hike out tho.

Forecast still spotty. I can’t remember a season when the alpine wasn’t open for Xmas. Should be carnage if they release the holidays crowds into the ocean of sharks.

last couple of years the gamble has paid off for me, with some deep days and skiing to village no problem , I come over from the uk to spend some time pre xmas skiing with my son who lives and works out of Squamish , had some good early season tours last year , not counting on to much this year , am planning on carting my backcountry gear out as maybe the only way to find some fresh snow ,
    stopped looking at the forecasts now as there is so much variance , but pretty sure will get some freshies over the next two weeks .........

Still almost three weeks till Christmas. A lot could change between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by scblurlt View Post
    last couple of years the gamble has paid off for me, with some deep days and skiing to village no problem , I come over from the uk to spend some time pre xmas skiing with my son who lives and works out of Squamish , had some good early season tours last year , not counting on to much this year , am planning on carting my backcountry gear out as maybe the only way to find some fresh snow ,
    stopped looking at the forecasts now as there is so much variance , but pretty sure will get some freshies over the next two weeks .........
    Squamish... do you and your son mountain bike? Problem solved . Ski what you can, ride bikes and enjoy various types of IPA’s at Backcountry Brewing.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Squamish... do you and your son mountain bike? Problem solved . Ski what you can, ride bikes and enjoy various types of IPA’s at Backcountry Brewing.
    great thinking

defo a few trails and beers to try out in Squamish , new pampelmouse for sure , also always wanted to ride the shore in winter

Did a lap down the couloir this morning. Good snow. Few sharks, traverse out was tough and sharky af.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3290[1].jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	304911

ack....sharky AF! The long range is painful, 10 day looks great, and then basically gets halved everyday until it's down to a trace with high freezing levels, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    ack....sharky AF!
    Par for the course on Rockcomb.

www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Hahah love it. Need to post this to the Whistler Facebook group if it hasn’t been yet, to rile up the angry Aussie seasonaries.

take anything we can get right now!

Sucks here. Dont do it

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Revy; neck deep powder, cheap abundant housing, lots of horny single girls, and the beer flows like wine

Ok you out did me on the bs. Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ok you out did me on the bs. Kudos

it's all we have right now!

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Move to Revy.
    You would soon get sick of shoveling 20 cm off your drive before skiing. Only twice so far this week