Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Driving too slow on a powder day, do you call them out in the parking lot?

Recently I found myself behind some slow muthafacka holding me and 5 other cars up. He was obviously a bit puckered by the 1/4" of gnar new snow. I happened to be headed to the backcountry spot and was quite anxious, maybe a bit of powder panic. With less cars in between me and him, he would have seen nothing but tail-lights. But after 25 miles of poking along, he pulls into the same parking lot to ski the same area.

I don't usually find myself feeling so agro, but I was inches from letting him have it in the parking lot (as he now hurrried to get ready). I held off and was still stewing a bit when I caught up to him in the skin track. Instead I bit my tongue and hoped being nice might earn me some points somewhere somehow.

What's you move when some ass slows you down on the way to shralp pow?

control what you can control
    let go of the rest

Ski pole enema

You also managed to end up behind him on the skintrack?

leave early
    watch out for snakes

unless there's an easy pass i don't worry about it. More time to drink coffee. And nobody behind you is getting there quickly either...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Passive Aggressive niceness as you are booting up.
    "Boy that was sure a white knuckle drive up here, wasn't it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Well, if you were on the Snowbowl road, you could pass someone driving too slow, then get cornered in a parking lot by some douche and 2 of his friends who don't identify themselves and make you all defensive, then get you banned for the day. Don't worry, customer service is not a priority at Snowbowl. Ronny the Troll is on that shit. And so is her scarecrow husband.
    Doesn't RT12 have a passing lane? If someone is holding up 5 cars, they're actually obliged to pull over and let them pass. Honk at him till he pulls a gun or a beercan or something.

The way people drive in Revali County, it's hard to believe Montana had no speed limit.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Nuke from orbit. Behead remains if any.

Piss on his car.

I'm usually on the other side of this equation, and inevitably, I let dicks like you go around me, and then I catch up to you and get where we were both going within seconds or minutes of when you did. It's a frequent lesson in basic physics, or an applicatoin of traffic principles. Over a 25 mile drive, the difference between going 40 miles per hour and 50 miles per hour, is about 8 minutes. If there are other cars on the road, then getting past me is stupid and pointless.

Leave earlier as previously stated or learn to pass. You telling us in 25 miles you couldn't work in a 5 car pass ?

1/4" new = easy passing.
    b

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    I'm usually on the other side of this equation, and inevitably, I let dicks like you go around me, and then I catch up to you and get where we were both going within seconds or minutes of when you did. It's a frequent lesson in basic physics, or an applicatoin of traffic principles. Over a 25 mile drive, the difference between going 40 miles per hour and 50 miles per hour, is about 8 minutes. If there are other cars on the road, then getting past me is stupid and pointless.
    Yo Jimmy. you forgot to work in the part about your reduced carbon footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You also managed to end up behind him on the skintrack?
    This

And this.

Hey did you run any wildlife over on your way up?? Got good moose bars on your rig? Bonus points if you did. Douche wad.

Also, this is not physics. ITS MATH. ya douche!

Velocity, distance, time, all strike me as principles of physics, but if it's important to you that it be math, then tell yourself whatever you want, I'm not grading you here.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Yo Jimmy. you forgot to work in the part about your reduced carbon footprint.
    Didn't forget, just trying to post in a way that you wouldn't feel compelled to show us what a dick you are. Guess I failed again.

driving on snow like a fella that just got his license and bragging on it is the failure.
    b

QUOTE=Jamespio;4190043]Velocity, distance, time, all strike me as principles of physics, but if it's important to you that it be math, then tell yourself whatever you want, I'm not grading you here.[/QUOTE]

Isnt a huge part of physics math anyway? duh.

Time to look into a quicker ride maybe? I never had trouble passing safely on snow days in my turbo'd subie with studded snows.

I take the laid back approach nowadays in my land yacht though. To each his own, I guess.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using TGR Forums
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

That is not the point, I just like driving fast.
    Now get out of my way.

I'm with Jimmy.

Years back I was going up the the hill in my '70 VW van-I was used to pulling over- a lot. And I did when I could the whole way up. When we got there, some dude parks next to me, gets out and starts giving me the business: "Have you ever heard of pulling over, bla, bla, bla." My buddy and I looked at each other and spontaneously busted out laughing. Something about going skiing and seeing that silly display of anger struck us both as ridiculous. It was funny to see his face. I don't think he expected belly laughter.

You see OP, a few minutes of your life is is nothing. You could have had to wait at a gas station while your ski buddy took a shit for longer than you spent behind that car- or a myriad of other delays. It's neat that your car is fast and you feel comfortable on snow. Apparently the other guy didn't. You both skied, but you were angry. He wasn't. Guess who won?

My move would have been to take a deep breath, remember that I'm going to die and every second is precious and then probably sit back in my captains chair and smile.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    That is not the point, I just like driving fast.
    Now get out of my way.
    I think you didn't read very carefully. I do and will get out of your way. And then I'll park right next to you in the parking lot.

You need a CRV.