Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    I'm going the pivot route.
    Raw P15s waiting on the bench.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    …if they "accidentally" came in the R120 pink top sheet, that would be okay.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Same.

Same.
    Jumping on that bandwagon, marshal.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Jumping on that bandwagon, marshal.

If this is actually a thing i'd be stoked on my r99s having the hot pink topsheet
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

I'm seriously tempted to jump on the train. The R99 seems like it would be a logical choice for me in the PNW. My DD is currently the older 184 Devastator, I don't have anything in a smaller width ATM. The 180cm might work well for me, but it would be the shortest ski I own (except for a pair of Dynastar mythics in 177). The FL 113 is very interesting too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I'm seriously tempted to jump on the train. The R99 seems like it would be a logical choice for me in the PNW. My DD is currently the older 184 Devastator, I don't have anything in a smaller width ATM. The 180cm might work well for me, but it would be the shortest ski I own (except for a pair of Dynastar mythics in 177). The FL 113 is very interesting too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Both?

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    If this is actually a thing i'd be stoked on my r99s having the hot pink topsheet
    I too wouldn’t be opposed to my R99s showing up with some surprise top sheets.

Thanks for all the hypothetical input. I think I'll go with the R120 as I've read too many Monster 108/OG Bodacious reviews and need to see what race construction is all about.

As for shipping: I've read in a few places online that UPS ends up charging more duty compared to USPS when shipping to Canada. Can anyone else confirm this? I don't mind waiting a week or two longer if it means paying less in the end.

I'm pretty sure there is no duty on skis.
    When using a courier other than USPS, you will be charged a brokerage fee from FedEx, UPS, etc.
    In all cases you will be charged our sales tax ( 13% HST in Ontario )

I’ve never gotten duty on skis but recently got creamed on boots from Europe

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by ARL67 View Post
    When using a courier other than USPS, you will be charged a brokerage fee from FedEx, UPS, etc.
    Thanks. So based on the charts below for UPS Worldwide Saver, I'd pay:
    - nothing in entry prep fees
    - 2.7% of sales taxes in disbursment fees (unless I went with one of the Prepayment or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) plans)
    https://www.ups.com/ca/en/shipping/z...clearance.page

trigger pulled 200cm c132s

Life of a repo man is always intense.

I've heard of $60 brokerage fees from FedEx/UPS when shipping to Canuckistan. I was hit with that on something coming to the US, but can't remember where it was shipped from, might have been from Canada.

Well I'll cross my fingers and hope UPS doesn't hit me too hard.

Trigger pulled on comp R120.

Hi all, good thoughts on cross-border shipping.
    my experience is that one can ship usps ground without getting dinged, and priority UPS without getting dinged, but UPS ground is crazy brokerage fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Cork7 Belly Flop View Post
    Well I'll cross my fingers and hope UPS doesn't hit me too hard.
    Unless the shipper is using a service where they are basically covering the import fees (highly unlikely unless they state so up front), then this is what to expect (on top of taxes) (all $ in CAD):

Fedex does not have such a chart but my take is their import charges are similar. But since Fedex choose not to provide this info up front like UPS does, I'll choose UPS if I am going to get screwed.

And yes, as many have stated, postal is most cost effective and I have found shockingly quick both from the US to Canada and vice versa, But for an item of the value of a pair of skis, the odds of you not getting charged taxes is slim to zero. But the brokerage fee is only ~$10.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    Unless the shipper is using a service where they are basically covering the import fees (highly unlikely unless they state so up front), then this is what to expect (on top of taxes) (all $ in CAD):

Fedex does not have such a chart but my take is their import charges are similar. But since Fedex choose not to provide this info up front like UPS does, I'll choose UPS if I am going to get screwed.

And yes, as many have stated, postal is most cost effective and I have found shockingly quick both from the US to Canada and vice versa, But for an item of the value of a pair of skis, the odds of you not getting charged taxes is slim to zero. But the brokerage fee is only ~$10.
    That info from UPS is far from up front.

If they know what they are going to charge you for brokerage based on the value of the item then the shipping fees should reflect that. Instead you get something arrive at your door with extra fees you weren't told about and no recourse.

Those fees are built in to the price on higher ticket UPS shipping options.

Sorry for the thread drift but anything that can be shipped USPS should be done that way.... for international, anyway.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

That FL113 looks tasty. If I hadn’t picked up two pairs of Bodacious this summer, I’d grab one of them.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    That info from UPS is far from up front.

If they know what they are going to charge you for brokerage based on the value of the item then the shipping fees should reflect that. Instead you get something arrive at your door with extra fees you weren't told about and no recourse.

Those fees are built in to the price on higher ticket UPS shipping options.

Sorry for the thread drift but anything that can be shipped USPS should be done that way.... for international, anyway.

Agreed, UPS Ground International will result in mega brokerage fees (like 30% of the cost of the item).
    UPS and USPS international expedited/priority, to my knowledge, avoids this and rarely sees import tax applied.
    Fedex International also avoids these costs, but is way more expensive.
    I believe USPS Priority to Canada is by far the best rate with the lowest risk of additional fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    That FL113 looks tasty. If I hadn’t picked up two pairs of Bodacious this summer, I’d grab one of them.

I remember you and I had fairly similar ski affinities about 10 yrs back. Heh.

So. “Need” a low tide, icy race the damn kids once a year ski. Blizzard hrc was on my radar…but then I thought the R87 might be perfect. In the comp build will it destroy ice?

That's why I'm getting them, but I think MO is the only dude alive who've actually skied them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    So. “Need” a low tide, icy race the damn kids once a year ski. Blizzard hrc was on my radar…but then I thought the R87 might be perfect. In the comp build will it destroy ice?

Re HRC… SoVT_Joey hated em & I bought em from him; I hated em & gave em away. Such a bad ski.

Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Good to know

Sorry for the slow response! But if you are looking for a true ice type ski, that is more modern than an FIS type ski, my current favorite is the Stereo Piste RS(+) at 78mm with a WC piston plate. Super fun and dynamic, but more clean and round than the others in the category.

The R87 is a great freepiste all mountain ultra carver, where as 75-78mm skis are pure piste skis (for me). I’ll try the R87 with race plates as soon as there is snow, but need iriponsnow to track some head plates down for me!
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 09-09-2022 at 01:06 PM.