Page 89 of 181 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 4523
    Headed to Boringstar with the wife until Mid-day Tuesday....say hello between neck deep faceshots

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Headed to Boringstar with the wife until Mid-day Tuesday....say hello between neck deep faceshots
    if you tire of the groomers with some fresh on top head over to Squaw and holler. You know they just opened the worlds first mid-mountain Starbucks (why not Peets!!??). Unload off the Funi, grab your fix and slay Mountain Run all jacked up!

I saw some high winds aloft and now I'm up on the crest in there is a steady breeze very persistent along with some really yummy dark moisture laden clouds. I would say a storm is feeling imminent.

Sent from my PC36100 using TGR Forums
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

i just fuckd up my shoulder skiing switch w my kids so its sure to dump so i have to one pole it in the skinner tomorrow n tues

First flakes @8400'
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Skied Sugar Bowl today. Pretty fun on the groomers. Stayed at the Lodge for the first time ever. That place is a serious anachronism. Super cute, cozy and nice.

Is anyone going to be driving back to the Bay Area on Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning/day? I got a ride up here and decided to stay for the incoming snow. But I need to be home by Wednesday afternoon. PM me if you can help. Thanks.

Oh, and it is currently snowing lightly here at the base of Alpine Meadows (6800').
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Maybe the stars will finally freakin' align and I'll be able to make it to Sugar Bowl on Tuesday. I've only made it up once this season, and every time it's snowed there's been something preventing me from making it. GF FINALLY got her freaking parking pass so I can stop driving her to school every day.

Started to snow here at Northstar...looks like mosquitos but its spittin' something

Kirkwood tomorrow. Think I'm solo so anyone wants a ride up from the South bay gimme a shout quick. Otherwise see you maggots on the hill .

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    i just fuckd up my shoulder skiing switch w my kids so its sure to dump so i have to one pole it in the skinner tomorrow n tues
    Uh....Need twin tips to ski switch bro-brah. It's all good, I owe you some trail breaking.

KW was quite enjoyable this weekend. I would say they picked up about an inch, maybe a little more, between Friday night and Saturday. It was softer than expected Saturday, which made venturing off piste fun if you knew where to go.

Colder than expected today and as a result not everything softened up, still beat sitting on the couch. Watched the Banzai tour (cell phone pics below) on and off throughout the day. The course was bullet proof and gnarly looking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0494.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	281.0 KB 
ID:	110063Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0493.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	283.7 KB 
ID:	110064Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0492.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	284.8 KB 
ID:	110065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0490.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	274.4 KB 
ID:	110066Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0495.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	279.8 KB 
ID:	110068Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0497.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	284.4 KB 
ID:	110069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0496.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	286.2 KB 
ID:	110070
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0489.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	278.0 KB 
ID:	110067  

So was the Banzai through snowsnake gully? Gnaaaaaaaaar.

That is two years in a row with shitty conditions for this race at KW.

And the storm is really starting to whip up into shape down here. hope you folks who can, do enjoy some the next few days.

if anyone cares, (GiBo? Bueller?) Dodge Ridge is discounting tickets and opening early on Tuesday morning

looks like we'll have some new snow to play in
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    So was the Banzai through snowsnake gully? Gnaaaaaaaaar.

That is two years in a row with shitty conditions for this race at KW.

Started just below the face of the wall then dove into the gully skiers left off of 11 (snowsnake gully?). Course seemed slow for snowboarders, however, the skiers (male and female) seemed to be carrying a decent amount of speed through parts of it.

Ran into obscure reference (nice to meet you btw), I'm sure he can tell you more about the course.

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Started just below the face of the wall then dove into the gully skiers left off of 11 (snowsnake gully?). Course seemed slow for snowboarders, however, the skiers (male and female) seemed to be carrying a decent amount of speed through parts of it.
    Skiers did seem to have more speed for sure!

Here's a few of the man himself on the final run's follow cam.

And this guy never moved...

I can't remember...

Squaw manana. Hopin' the sharks get buried.

In the old days they used to air through goalpost, the two trees on the right.

Watched one heat of the Ralves go by... those guys were flying, fast, low, and through the air. I think that's a better venue than Eagle Bowl, since it's accessible to many more skiers. Meanwhile, boy did the devils draw me into temptation. The January shellacking has nicely coated the rocks around KW. A lot of runs skied better with repeat visits. Storm-wise, I'll start the deckwaving with one inch and counting.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

N ridge of hourglass skied nicely today.

I'm sure it's been posted but to you non passholders there's a $14 ticket to squaw available online for Valentines day
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

I can usually tell how good a storm is by how it sounds on my skylights - it sounds good tonight - the best is when the sound goes away and it's snowing below 4000'
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    i just fuckd up my shoulder ... so i have to one pole it
    Stop trying to copy my shit T, you know that's been my TGR gig for a while. Poser.

(hope you heals soon)

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Stop trying to copy my shit T, you know that's been my TGR gig for a while. Poser.

(hope you heals soon)
    the one pole thing or the hurting yourself thing?? ;-)
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

met and rode with some tahoe mangs last few weeks in the pnw, nice folks who really miss natural snow. hope the storm track supplies your mtns with the goods.
    bobby

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    the one pole thing or the hurting yourself thing?? ;-)
    He has the market cornered on both

woke up to not-quite-Despicable Me-levels of fresh coating the deck/driveway this morn in Truckee...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

There's a few inches of nice new snow outside at 6800'. Looks like today should be nice on piste and off-piste where you know there aren't bad/scary obstacles. Tomorrow will be even better. I'll update this evening on Alpine conditions.

I expect Squaw will be busy tomorrow since they're selling $14 day tickets.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite