Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    Dec 14 for Blackcomb Gondy opening..... https://twitter.com/WhistlerBlckcmb/...21482498875392
    Makes sense to be honest, people can still upload from the village no problem. Going to hurt Merlins for a little bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyasian View Post
    Heliotrope on the other hand was just fine on Saturday
    So it's the Canucks who are ruining our early season human-powered powder stash! Can't build them border walls fast enough

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    So it's the Canucks who are ruining our early season human-powered powder stash! Can't build them border walls fast enough
    You guys are clearly building the wall on the wrong side of the country!

New snow today. Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Makes sense to be honest, people can still upload from the village no problem. Going to hurt Merlins for a little bit though.
    I saw some quote from WB suggesting people will have to upload to roundhouse and take P2P to access Blackcomb? But then another quote saying Excalibur/Excel is fine... I thought maybe they could have issues running Excalibur if they are working on the new gondola given it crosses over top.

I just read that W/B is telling their off-duty employees that they won't be allowed on the mountain from Thursday through Sunday due to limited open terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I just read that W/B is telling their off-duty employees that they won't be allowed on the mountain from Thursday through Sunday due to limited open terrain.
    Iirc this has happened before for early season. Not exactly a loss given the opening 27cms base

Yeah, looks like the "white ribbon of death" will be in full effect. The temp inversion over the last few days didn't help, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Iirc this has happened before for early season. Not exactly a loss given the opening 27cms base
    Off duty staff van shuttles to Lillooet area for scree/talus ski laps from the highway. FTW.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100125.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	361.1 KB 
ID:	256335
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100125.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	256334  
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyasian View Post
    Saw some tracks at Brandywine today. Looks like someone really hates their skis.

Heliotrope on the other hand was just fine on Saturday:

Attachment 255204

Hopefully this week's snow levels will stay low enough to help out at Whistler!
    snow looked okay at the top of Brandywine

Name:	bc758a82-9c91-4bac-824e-3c5a40eec87a.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	680.2 KB 
ID:	256336

Quote Originally Posted by scblurlt View Post
    snow looked okay at the top of Brandywine

Name:	bc758a82-9c91-4bac-824e-3c5a40eec87a.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	680.2 KB 
ID:	256336
    I dont know your guys snowpack but at the very least I'd prob be waiting a touch further back while lead guy sets that switchback.

I'm shocked they're going to open, I've been out here for 15 years and haven't seen a low tide quite this bad.

Moot point given current snowpack, but I don't think I've seen this wording before early season, it has always been temp boundary hasn't it?

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/th...hats-open.aspx

"There is NO Backcountry Access. Skiers and riders are not permitted to skin up on Whistler Blackcomb property to access the backcountry. Backcountry tickets will not be available for purchase."

Looks like Upper Whiskey Jack/Ego Bowl on Whistler and Wishbone maybe ZigZag to Excel on Blackcomb. Just brutal... unless you are an American with non-refundable hotel, I have no idea why you would bother skiing and really that is why they are opening (American Thanksgiving). All the first year Aussie employees raging on Facebook about the staff pass restriction are misguided. Download lines will be epic especially if you can't make it to Excelerator.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Download lines will be epic especially if you can't make it to Excelerator.
    Fuck that. Just ski out. Candide Thovex would.

Let's just hope the new Emerald chair doesn't malfunction.

edit: they list Franz's chair as running, but don't list any trails leading to it. There'd be no reason to run the chair if you can't ski to it, right?

Unhappy

.. fair to say, time to start worrying?..

Wish the folks who said "don't worry, it'll snow, it always does" were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan5 View Post
    .. fair to say, time to start worrying?..

Wish the folks who said "don't worry, it'll snow, it always does" were right.
    Fuck DUDE, it's not going to snow. Better cash it all in and make the relocation to Revy.

THE SKY IS FALLING...literally watching the storm system roll in from the west from my office, long range forecast shaping up....calm down, people, calm the fuck down, or not, better move like Shirk was suggesting.

I'm more interested in that on that link it says "VALID NOVEMBER 22 - 25, 2018" Sooooo, they closing back down on monday?

EVERYONE MOVE TO SQUAMISH AND BUY BIKES

Whatever you do, panic!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I'm more interested in that on that link it says "VALID NOVEMBER 22 - 25, 2018" Sooooo, they closing back down on monday?
    That certainly wouldn't be shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    That certainly wouldn't be shocking.
    well, it would be the first time they've ever done that in the 16 years I've lived here, so I'd suggest that maybe it would be a surprise.

I moved one of my trips from out east to Whistler this winter earlier this month - sorry fellas - it's all my fault.

well, it would be the first time they've ever done that in the 16 years I've lived here, so I'd suggest that maybe it would be a surprise.
    And how many of those years has Vail been running the show?

That would be a real kick in the teeth to the employees if they banned them from skiing this weekend and then shut down. Let's just hope the snow starts falling.

You can all blame me for this, too, since I bought my Edge card when it included unlimited early season skiing. That definitely jinxed it.

Women and children first, or screw it, everyone for themselves?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch