Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hey, at least they have snowmaking and working chairs. And it's open on Wednesday.

My sentiments exactly. Nothing wrong with K as it stands. Sure, it's starting to show its age in a few places but it's a long way off from implosion IMO.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

This version of the conversation has actually been more entertaining than the one here:

http://www.epicski.com/t/142556/kill...llapse-pending

TGR, you're slipping...

It's like a parallel world. But, you know, a bit, ........ off.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    This version of the conversation has actually been more entertaining than the one here:

http://www.epicski.com/t/142556/kill...llapse-pending

TGR, you're slipping...
    They are as rabid over there as ever. I'm going to need to take another 5 year break from epicski after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Last November didn't suck at K-Mart either.

Attachment 169622
    Was well worth the $20... Best November day I ever had.

Damien, pretty impressive analysis of K-ton, especially on Epic. My only contribution is, the condition and improvements seem to go in cycles. I can remember it was looking shoddy in the 80's and you had slow ass lifts (making 45* bends, etc.)

Somehow, it survives and continues to do well. If Vail did buy it and made it part of Epic, I would definitely take notice. It's a great weekday hill, but would be my go to if I'd get some free days out west.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Somehow, it survives and continues to do well. If Vail did buy it and made it part of Epic, I would definitely take notice. It's a great weekday hill, but would be my go to if I'd get some free days out west.
    That's a good point, they would probably pick up at least a few hundred passholders at Killington, with the epic pass angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    That's a good point, they would probably pick up at least a few hundred passholders at Killington, with the epic pass angle.
    I should hope a lot more than that seeing they sold over 2,000 spring passes alone last season.

No idea how many passes they sell. Maybe 5-10k?

No idea how many passes they sell. Maybe 5-10k?
    I'm only talking about the spring pass alone not season passes. They did release the spring pass number.

Copper. I'd say it's more likely they sell out Copper to Vail, more than anything. And then connect it to Breck. Anyone want to bet this happens within the next 10 years............?!

http://www.epicski.com/t/141818/spec...erconnect-ever
    Vail can not own / operate any more ski areas in summit county.

They tried buying a basin in the 1990s and lost that case because the courts ruled that vail would have a monopoly

Well, their lifts and their management might be pretty questionable, but their snowmaking is pretty good.

Looks like they'll be open this weekend on the 1972 vintage North Ridge Triple Chairlift. 43 years old and still a critical lift!

Come to the fest afterwards and give Ullr thanks. Or just come tell us what we missed.

And so K-ton beats SR by two days?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

^Awesomeness!

interesting. is that you in the video ?
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Nope. Not me. Just something that I found on Kzone.

KZONE, indeed. Haven't seen a tunnel since haystack as a kid, circa 1975
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Not a big fan of six packs, but, this upcoming January, when it's ten degrees and a nice stiff 25 mph wind is blowing right down the Snowden line on a storm day, I think I'm really going to get used to that heated chair they just installed there. So much for infrastructure collapse.

First the 6 pack bubble.. now the base lodge (pending approval). Anyone know about the politics involved? Can anyone fill me in?

Mixed reality reporting approach started this year with the CAD of the 6 pack bubble.. a mediocre installation at best.. considering its constantly having issues. Now the resort is posting a CAD of the proposed new base lodge..

https://www.killington.com/the-mount...ments/k1-lodge
    Last edited by jacqueline heatley; 06-16-2019 at 05:18 AM. Reason: grammah

Baselodge is approved and excavators have been busy for weeks working on utilities ect.

Where's the CAD?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Really? That's going to be up by November?

Oh, just checked, looks like this next season is going to be a lodge shitshow with that thing demolished. Oh well, patience.

No Benny, new traffic flow might be odd. Foundation for new lodge goes in front of old with pedestrian pathways. Next year old out and new built. They are looking for better flow from Superstar to K1 as a side benefit.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    No Benny, new traffic flow might be odd. Foundation for new lodge goes in front of old with pedestrian pathways. Next year old out and new built. They are looking for better flow from Superstar to K1 as a side benefit.
    Well, that would be nice. Never looked forward to that skate from one side to the other.

At least they're actually enlarging the base lodge. Total head scratcher was building that new thing on top of the mountain with pretty much the same seating numbers as the old Summit lodge. Could have gone double decker like Snowbird.

Good to see it's finally happening. Took too long. I guess they hopped to when they saw me on the season pass list again.

Here's an example of an old HSQ, that was removed from Breck and sold after 20 years in service:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeCa3Ud5cps
    I grew up skiing at Owl's Head, so rode this chair many times. Before that, it was a 60's era double-chair. The former owner of Owl's Head was not known for his spendthrift ways.

Last season, this chair wasn't run because it had so many issues. Apparently, it should have been shuttered several years ago, but the previous owner kept it going despite the risk to skier safety. This summer, it's being replaced.

Owl's Head's main lift to the summit is a detachable quad that was installed in 1987 or 1988, so I wonder how long it will stay standing for. Considering it's the only access to most of the hill's terrain, a major breakdown would be a huge issue.

So where's Damian? I want to know what happened following the collapse.
    [quote][//quote]