Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Like so many around Dean as he slowly freaked out, I didn’t really know what to do (about this schizophrenic I had freaking out on my bus, not Dean, I wasn’t around Dean during this deterioration) about the immediate freaked out guy in front of me... you’ve got an adult man with rights, it’s a messed up world with corruption and violence, so what he’s saying could be true... most of my thinking was involved in just not getting on the wrong side of all this misplaced aggression and getting shot or something. It’s like, once somebody is that unable to assess what’s happening around them and that agitated, it feels like anything could happen, and you just want that live grenade away from you.
    Is some random police patrolman the right mechanism to handle this? Almost certainly not. Is there some well-set-up, reasonable residential situation where dangerous paranoid schizophrenics can go feel safe and be evaluated and helped? Almost certainly not. Is doing nothing ok? Not really. The whole thing stinks, because we’re in a system built to prioritize rights and freedoms at the risk of encountering somebody actively in the process of losing their mind and becoming criminally insane.

From my point of view, the best possible thing to take away from all this is that in a gentler, less-armed society, the breakdowns may still occur (genetics, etc) but they would likely be less violent and catastrophic. We should really strive in our own families and communities to be gentler, and less saturated with warlike ideation and weaponry. It’s the only approach I can see working long-term.
    Well said, J.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Can someone provide us a summary of this thread for those of us who haven't paid much attention?
    No.

I had a roommate in school that eventually was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I was there during part of her downward spiral. My roommates and I (and other friends) all tried to help or at least provide her support when she asked and be there as best we could. She lived with me on and off for several years (full time for a year). At minimum, we always tried to provide her a safe place to sleep. She was smart and fun. When she was “present,” it was really fun. The spiral was really hard. I don’t know what happened to her.

Well goddamn this thing has taken a turn.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Can someone provide us a summary of this thread for those of us who haven't paid much attention?
    The 333 skis guy killed a guy?
    Some of you know him?
    Do you not know who Dean is?

Just read the thread, some gems in here... and as Danno said, it's weird.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Dean Cummings went full-bore crazy

I do have to say, potential mental illness issues and conspiracy theories aside, I believe the part about the smear campaign and false accusations of abuse. I just went through that myself. Divorces get ugly and shit gets crazy. You never think you’ll be involved in something like that until suddenly it’s happening. I can understand all of that sending someone over the edge. Just saying.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    II believe the part about the smear campaign and false accusations of abuse.
    When you have interviews available from several folks who know Dean, some of them long-time friends, and all of them point to issues they've encountered in Dean in recent years, it serves to reinforce the story doesn't it?

When I read the Outside article from the link posted earlier in this thread, one thing really struck me: It was the quote from Mr. Arriola's sister who stated something about his death being responsible for finally getting Dean the help he appears to so desperately need. For heavens sake, that's a generous way to look at things, I think. All the best to her and the rest of her family.

john

50% of amercia was able to divorce without killing the other 50%
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Dean Cummings’ trial has begun in New Mexico. It likely will last through next week. So far it appears there are a lot of holes in the State’s evidence and approach with contradictory info and missed details in the original investigation.

Maybe dude gets off and returns to greatness. Stranger things have happened

7 fkin hr YouTube. Skimmed, did not see dean.

I hope Dean is getting the help he needs and that his family and the family of the victim find some peace and closure with the conclusion of the trial.

17 pages in

And I just noticed that dean shot an areola. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity and Respect View Post
    Dean Cummings’ trial has begun in New Mexico. It likely will last through next week. So far it appears there are a lot of holes in the State’s evidence and approach with contradictory info and missed details in the original investigation.
    Clearly you have a personal connection to the accused, you were asked to ID yourself, refused, and now come back with this super bias take on the trial.

Pray tell what are the holes in the evidence? He confessed to killing the victim, claims self defense, and that he was maced with alien nano spray that has been used on him for years by a cadre of conspirators. The DA tested everything on and around Dean and the victim and cannot find anything but an unused can of bear spray. Seems pretty open and shut. Defense should be reprimanded for not using insanity as his defense. Unless of course they have a positive test for alien nano spray.

I believe it's nanu nanu spray.

dirtbag, not a dentist

True mental health problems such as schizophrenia is truly sad stuff. I see these patients all the time in the ER, and their lives are almost universally a mess, at least when we see them (likely at their worst) Contrast that to the drug induced psychosis from meth, I have little compassion for. But these schizophrenics are truly hosed for life. Odd that Dean seemed to be functional and developed what appears to be some level of psychosis/maybe late onset schizophrenia as middle age adult? Who knows, can't exactly diagnose someone from an Outside article or second hand info, but holy shit what a turn. Can't imagine a guy with schizophrenia getting married, having kids, running a business for 20 years with schizophrenia, certainly not with untreated schizophrenia. Late onset is certainly atypical.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    True mental health problems such as schizophrenia is truly sad stuff. I see these patients all the time in the ER, and their lives are almost universally a mess, at least when we see them (likely at their worst) Contrast that to the drug induced psychosis from meth, I have little compassion for. But these schizophrenics are truly hosed for life. Odd that Dean seemed to be functional and developed what appears to be some level of psychosis/maybe late onset schizophrenia as middle age adult? Who knows, can't exactly diagnose someone from an Outside article or second hand info, but holy shit what a turn. Can't imagine a guy with schizophrenia getting married, having kids, running a business for 20 years with schizophrenia, certainly not with untreated schizophrenia. Late onset is certainly atypical.
    I had a lot of the same thoughts. My understanding is that it usually surfaces in the early 20's. Perhaps skiing was therapeutic, alternative life as a pro athlete and parlay into owner of heli ski op allowed him to manage/hide it? Paranoia dovetails nicely into contingency/protocol planning. Seems the symptoms are on a continuum and stress brings out the worst symptoms. Truly an other-worldly amount of stress that losing your family and business would have. Agree that it's not our place to try and diagnose, but damn, all the rambling about conspiracies and being secretly poisoned seems pretty telltale. Can't say it doesn't make me wonder if indirectly spending much of your time around Aviation Fuel fumes doesn't contribute to some form of brain damage and propensity to have a psychic break as Matt Kinney insinuated.

Ms TBS knows two women whose husbands developed schizophrenia in late 40s. Both husbands were doctors, no drug abuse that we knew of.

Really sad for wife, teenage kids and husbands

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Ms TBS knows two women whose husbands developed schizophrenia in late 40s. Both husbands were doctors, no drug abuse that we knew of.

Late onset schizophrenia is a side effect of long term marriage Or is that hearing impairment, yeah, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

I see the problem, no drug abuse?!

Seriously though, having dealt with people close to me with serious mental health issues I can’t imagine how terrible they must feel. It’s terrible

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sometimes you can walk through life and not be all here for long periods of time.

Having skiing or any other high octane high focus activity as an outlet is super cleansing. Take it away and no more release. Internal narrative runamok.

It’s easy to have no sympathy for another person with severe entanglements. It’s too much work or too close to the bone to entertain thinking about it, forget about being resolution oriented.
    Last edited by Gepeto; 11-04-2022 at 04:06 PM. Reason: brevity
    ​I am not in your hurry

peace brother
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

respect
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    I hope Dean is getting the help he needs and that his family and the family of the victim find some peace and closure with the conclusion of the trial.
    This.

And respect gep

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    respect
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Yup
    X2

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?