Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    You don't have to be done, nor do you need to issue any promises. On the grand scheme of American behavior, I actually think that a skiing road trip can be towards the lower end of risky behaviors. More specifically, I think about the act of burning a tank of gas and staying in a hotel room or STR being on par with something like a trip to the grocery store.

The issue I have is simply based on two of my own opinions. One is that every action we are taking is either making the pandemic better or worse. Every social interaction...worse. Every social interaction avoided...better. Where we each want to draw the line for acceptable is our own deal. But with where we are at currently, we should all be moving our line is the more conservative direction.

Second is managing our behavior based on something other the public health response. The whole idea that you'll change your lodging situ based on the pain in the ass factor highlights to me an issue with our collective response. No shit COVID is a pain in the ass. To some extent we are all living that on a daily basis. Some are paying with their health and the checkbook and even their lives.

Those of us that have to give up visiting our friends and family, going on vacation, flying in airplanes, parties, bars an whatever other awesome things need to get up everyday, do a bit of yoga and feel fortunate.

Play a board game, try to do 1000x burpies in a week, learn to juggle, vacum behind the fridge, volunteer. Make some phone calls to your friends, wax your skis, good deep in some science. Is is hard? Maybe. Think back on world history. When your grandkids read the chapter on Corona, who do you want to be? This is our time in history. Are we gonna suck or kick ass?
    You're a lot more diplomatic than I am but I'll try and follow your lead.

Come or don't come, sign the affidavit or not, I don't personally care either way. If you come and don't sign, or sign without getting a test, you'll be but a drop in the bucket of thousands of tourists who will come this winter and do the exact same thing I'm sure. But given all your self-righteous bitching in every other COVID thread about how all the idiots in Iowa and the mouth breathing trumptards and the governor are ruining everything for all the smart, conscientious people like you; to then come in here and ask for ideas on how to circumvent our pesky public health orders because it's going to inconvenience your ski vacation shows a complete and total lack of self-awareness that IMHO should be fucking criminal in adult society. My only request is that if you do come, affidavit or not, bring some snow because even with storms in the forecast coverage right now is kinda grim.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    But given all your self-righteous bitching in every other COVID thread about how all the idiots in Iowa and the mouth breathing trumptards and the governor are ruining everything for all the smart, conscientious people like you; to then come in here and ask for ideas on how to circumvent our pesky public health orders because it's going to inconvenience your ski vacation shows a complete and total lack of self-awareness that IMHO should be fucking criminal in adult society.

Go fuck yourself.

Did I ask to how to circumvent them? No. I said clearly I would follow them.

Did I suggest I might stay across the border in Basalt? Sure, among my options... and yes it would allow me to ski legally like all the mouth breathers from Denver, but it is also cheaper, and staying up the road is something I've done my whole life. Like last year when I stayed at friends friend in Carbondale for two nights or the year before when I slept in my car up by Sunlight, or growing up spending two weeks in Glenwood with parents. It is something I do frequently asshole.

Read the article in USA today. Tests are 120 to 200 dollars each, despite what people are saying on here. I can't even get a test here without being symptomatic. For the 3 of us that is $600. More than our lodging. Basalt is half the price of Aspen, and with covid why stay in Aspen for twice the price when we will have food delivered anyway, or eat out of the cooler, and will not want to walk around town.

We made the airbnb reservation months ago, fingers crossed things would look good with covid numbers. Well they look like shit. So we modify.

Frankly, I put myself out there to take the temperature, and I am a touron from Iowa, and the only person in this thread I have met irl AFAIK is Shredhead. So I get I am a kicking horse and it is time for me to shut up and just ski instead of cunting up this thread, but I've taken the isolation required to best this pandemic to levels most people aren't willing for nine fucking months. And that doesn't stop when I travel. If everybody did what we have done as a family we wouldn't be in this situation.

So fuck your stone throw from a high horse in a glass house you fucking prick.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Something like that.

"I wish other people would make some more sacrifices so I can get back to life as normal! [dons mask, bitches and republicans, plots ways to navigate regulations whilst being wok AF]. Just fuckin' own it! Don't act like being on the good side of the line that is your own personal moving target make you part of the solution.

If everybody did what we have done as a family we wouldn't be in this situation.
    Great! Keep doing it. Need a virtual high 5? Here's a trick question for ya. If you've been better than most so far, why can't you continue?

You do understand that there is a giant percentage of 'mericans that feel the same way. Is it unfair? Who cares. I've got friends sitting on the beach right now. I think they are selfish pricks and I let them know. We are all entitled to out own actions and we are all entitled to judge each other based on our actions. That's freedom!

Go fuck yourself.

Did I ask to how to circumvent them? No. I said clearly I would follow them.

Did I suggest I might stay across the border in Basalt? Sure, among my options... and yes it would allow me to ski legally like all the mouth breathers from Denver, but it is also cheaper, and staying up the road is something I've done my whole life. Like last year when I stayed at friends friend in Carbondale for two nights or the year before when I slept in my car up by Sunlight, or growing up spending two weeks in Glenwood with parents. It is something I do frequently asshole.

Read the article in USA today. Tests are 120 to 200 dollars each, despite what people are saying on here. I can't even get a test here without being symptomatic. For the 3 of us that is $600. More than our lodging. Basalt is half the price of Aspen, and with covid why stay in Aspen for twice the price when we will have food delivered anyway, or eat out of the cooler, and will not want to walk around town.

We made the airbnb reservation months ago, fingers crossed things would look good with covid numbers. Well they look like shit. So we modify.

Frankly, I put myself out there to take the temperature, and I am a touron from Iowa, and the only person in this thread I have met irl AFAIK is Shredhead. So I get I am a kicking horse and it is time for me to shut up and just ski instead of cunting up this thread, but I've taken the isolation required to best this pandemic to levels most people aren't willing for nine fucking months. And that doesn't stop when I travel. If everybody did what we have done as a family we wouldn't be in this situation.

So fuck your stone throw from a high horse in a glass house you fucking prick.
    The defense would like to present exhibit A. Clearly my client is suffering from a side effect of COVID fatigue as evidenced by justifying his future intentions based on his past behavior. Specifically baselining his own behavior on that of others. He believes that he has amassed enough COVID credits to allow him to defend his intends in spite of the current pandemic situation.

The defense would like to present exhibit A. Clearly my client is suffering from a side effect of COVID fatigue as evidenced by justifying his future intentions based on his past behavior. Specifically baselining his own behavior on that of others. He believes that he has amassed enough COVID credits to allow him to defend his intends in spite of the current pandemic situation.
    I hope you take the time to preach your wisdom to all who you think need it face to face in real time when they cross your path, not just the stupid selfish touron from Iowa through your keyboard.

Again. I'm done here hopefully.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I hope you take the time to preach your wisdom to all who you think need it face to face in real time when they cross your path, not just the stupid selfish touron from Iowa through your keyboard.

Again. I'm done here hopefully.

Thanks for the help.
    Your welcome. I'm fully aware that I am but one loser on the internet. You asked for people opinions, and you got them. The butthurt is all you. We got this conflict going on in my own family. This is 2020. My vacation to Aspen is cancelled also. You wanna make a fight where is doesn't exist? That's pretty 2020 as well.

We disagree. It's OK. One day why this pandemic is a bit more under control, I'll might offer you my spare bedroom on your VW tour though the mountain west you love so much. Or you can keep fucking that chicken and act like a victim who is getting picked on for some geographic stereotyple.

Those that know me IRL will most likely speak to that fact that I'm just about the same as I am here. Honest, a bit rough around the edges, not too good at keeping my mouth shut, but generally a good guy who calls in how he see it, plays no favorites and knows now to have a good time in the mountains.

Welp. This thread took a turn.

I can't help rereading that last post by Ugly. It just is a Grade A awesome rant! It has every thing. Finger pointing, money concerns, front ranger bashing, citing USAToday, some "back in the day" references. Its fucking gold I tell ya!

Pretty sure the intent of the Roaring Fork valley exception was to accommodate the local population living and working in the valley, not the ski tourist who wants to circumvent the pesky testing and affadavit ordinance. To so clearly exploit a loophole so as not to inconvenience your mountain west vacation is morally repugnant to me .
    Flame away !!

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Welp. This thread took a turn.
    My apologies, I blame it on the snowpack.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Promised I was done but...

An article today for others that may be in the situation I was in before we canceled. Could be helpful trying to decide what direction to go.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/3800400001

The CDC recommendation should really be - don't travel at all. Michael Osterholm said something similar this morning about the CDC being too kind. They tell people not to gather for the holiday, but say, "if you do, keep it under 10 people." Instead of simply saying, "one household only."

Your welcome. I'm fully aware that I am but one loser on the internet. You asked for people opinions, and you got them. The butthurt is all you. We got this conflict going on in my own family. This is 2020. My vacation to Aspen is cancelled also. You wanna make a fight where is doesn't exist? That's pretty 2020 as well.
    You sure you don't want to visit over X-mas? We have a 50 person family gathering from all over the country and you're welcome to join us. Leave your mask at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    You sure you don't want to visit over X-mas? We have a 50 person family gathering from all over the country and you're welcome to join us. Leave your mask at the door.
    I'm good. What I will need later in the season in a couple gondi ride coupons so I can go fly my paraglider so of Ruthies and Walshes...or next year. I'm patient.

I'm good. What I will need later in the season in a couple gondi ride coupons so I can go fly my paraglider so of Ruthies and Walshes...or next year. I'm patient.
    Sounds fun. Hit me up.

On a 3rd or 4th read I caught the "baseless insults that may get you punched in the face in real life by a poster that is accusing people of being internet tough guys". So for those keeping score at home, check the hypocrite box.

On a 3rd or 4th read I caught the "baseless insults that may get you punched in the face in real life by a poster that is accusing people of being internet tough guys". So for those keeping score at home, check the hypocrite box.
    Huh? I'm not a punch anybody in the face kind of guy. I just wonder if you give every skiing tourist the high mighty speech in real life. The lifts are still turning because people are still skiing, not all of them locals, not all of them will have a test.

Look you guys made your point and have done what you can to make me feel small and morally repugnant. I get it. Anything I say inside your town circle jerk will only dig me a deeper hole.

My perspective is more it is how you travel, not if you travel. The details more than the hype. Negative tests didn't mean shit at the white house.and they don't mean shit on the slopes if people breathe on each other anyway.

I just think the level of straight vitriol directed at me is a little out of line.

But whatevers. It's your thread.

Breath deep. Re-read what you read. Key in on the words "prick" and "asshole". Again, my opinion is that you are playing the victim card. I'm just telling you how I feel. I don't live in Aspen. I live in Tabernash. My world is full of tourists too. What I was attempting to bring to your attention was the manner is which your were making your choices. We are all in a tough spot. Your got defensive. Peace, love, pointy titties and powder turns to you. We'll get through this.

Staying across the border to save a few hundred dollars could be considered a rational economic choice, not criminal. I've stayed up valley way, way more than in Aspen. But painting it purely as a play to circumvent the regulations is a convenient stretch to paint me as a repugnant morally bankrupt asshole.

Remind me who said, "go fuck yourself"? You'd just be another tourist in the ski towns. Yawn. Life goes on. Justify it however you want. Do I agree? Who cares. I don't agree with what most people put in there grocery cart. So what.

Have at it. Go on your road trip and stay in Basalt. Why you needing so townies from the internet to bless your vacation? Don't forget your wallet. Tip big on your takeout. Small businesses need it.

2020/21 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

So uglymoney, are you going to go back and edit your initial posts on the matter in an attempt to retroactively add this economic rationale and justify your cognitive dissonance or have you already done that?

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    So uglymoney, are you going to go back and edit your initial posts on the matter in an attempt to retroactively add this economic rationale or have you already done that?
    I wasn't here to cunt this thread up with all of the details of my trip planning, since nobody cares then or now. Like Foggy correctly points out, and like I have always owned, I am just one more touron.

But once people went off on me, accusing me of being a morally repugnant asshole and a hypocrite I figured I earned the right to better explain where I was coming from. Our entire budget for the trip is maybe a grand. Hotel in SLC is on refundable chase points. Two assets I am short of are time and money and I like to travel on the cheap. Like most people. What made sense for us a few months ago, no longer makes sense. Aspen is cool, and sometimes it is worth spending some extra cash to stay on town. This year, at this point not so much.

No editing required. Expansion on my written thoughts yes.

The trip doesn't commence for over a month. Might not happen. We have lots of options as of now, but again nobody here cares so I won't share. Draw lines on a map. By late Jan, that might change, or we might stay home.

Edit to add...already admitted it was clearly stupid for me to post in this thread. I have a long history of jumping in where the sharks circle against my better judgement.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 12-10-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Can we put an end to the thread drift? The horse is beat and Ugly, like most other visitors, will make his own decisions.

That said... snow in the forecast: the direness might end?

I've got new Pomocas coming and winter is finally starting to appear!

You should come out , uglymoney. Aspen just had the busiest summer, mid pandemic, and the winter is starting out the same.

All the love to the RF crew, particularly shredhead & DoctorVibes; thanks for the company.
    Let it snow. The covidz blow.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<