Page 358 of 884 FirstFirst ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,950 of 22091
    savoring the construction workmanship before an adventure.
    Not my finest work but we were in a bit of a time crunch for version 1.0. Then the flat roof leaked (design flaw) and we had to cobb on the current roof system.

The T&G was a nice touch though considering we were cash strapped at that point. I think I diverted that material from one of the unfinished condos in Cowboy Heaven.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Not sure how I feel about leaving skis in line. Depends on the circumstances. If the group is just walking around talking to people or grabbing a coffee or a quick bathroom break then it seems legit.

But if I show up at 7am with my crew, drop our skis in line and then we all go sit down inside or for breakfast until 8:55am, then that would be pretty lame.

I think mass heckling perpetrators of the latter would be an appropriate way to get the point across. But tossing someone’s gear probably isn’t the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I like to show up early, set up my skis up front, then post up in the Lodge sipping hot chocolate chatting it up with other folks whose skis are up front as well. Maybe drop a duece, check out the snow report, etc. I find particular pleasure arriving back to my skis juuuuust in time to hop on first chair while all the late arrivals grumble, curse my name, and stare loathingly at me.

Just because you are a slap-dick and can't figure out how to get up early doesn't mean I have to stand in line and defend my position.

The protocol for first chair may be much different at Big Sky.

Come west, ye dry snow denizens, to surf the steep thicc maritime silk.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=330468

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    I like to show up early, set up my skis up front, then post up in the Lodge sipping hot chocolate chatting it up with other folks whose skis are up front as well. Maybe drop a duece, check out the snow report, etc. I find particular pleasure arriving back to my skis juuuuust in time to hop on first chair while all the late arrivals grumble, curse my name, and stare loathingly at me.

Just because you are a slap-dick and can't figure out how to get up early doesn't mean I have to stand in line and defend my position.

Just out of curiosity, what’s the protocol if you go back out and people have moved in ahead of your reserved spot??

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what’s the protocol if you go back out and people have moved in ahead of your reserved spot??
    Drop the gloves and go at it, grab em by the Jersey and pull it up over their heads and whale the fuck out of em. Oh wait that's Hockey.

Generally the folks that show up that early and put their skis there know the folks operating the liftline and maybe just maybe have ummmm taken care of them.

Also, what does it really get you to be all fucking aggro? If it is a powder day the upper mountain isn't going to open at 9:20 so all you are doing is getting worked up to go and stand at the Bowl to race to the tram and stand there.

"Slap-Dick?" I am going to use that one.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    Drop the gloves and go at it, grab em by the Jersey and pull it up over their heads and whale the fuck out of em. Oh wait that's Hockey.

Generally the folks that show up that early and put their skis there know the folks operating the liftline and maybe just maybe have ummmm taken care of them.

Also, what does it really get you to be all fucking aggro? If it is a powder day the upper mountain isn't going to open at 9:20 so all you are doing is getting worked up to go and stand at the Bowl to race to the tram and stand there.

"Slap-Dick?" I am going to use that one.
    Would I really get into it with someone over a spot in line????....nope. Would I move someone’s stuff if it was unattended....depends. If someone’s shit gets moved back a couple spots I’m guessing they really aren’t going to care either.

Would I really get into it with someone over a spot in line????....nope.
    Me neither, I have gotten more 1st tracks that I deserve over the years. But some people really take that shit seriously.

I have seen punches thrown and generally it is over stupid shit that quickly escalates. I had a buddy get pummeled at the bottom of the old Challenger Chair, dislocated shoulder that pretty much ended his season and desire to ski at ski areas.

I've got Lexi's back. If I see some Fatypuss' tossed aside there will be a throw down.

I think I diverted that material from one of the unfinished condos in Cowboy Heaven.
    Now I recognize where that architectural detail came from! Not that I spend a lot of time in the Cowboy Heaven condos. The "penalty box" is a BS classic.
    Last edited by Talisman; 12-02-2019 at 12:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Disagree, it's been a time honored mechanism at a lot of places going way back.

Besides, fuck shame.
    I saw it done on the three-foot day at Bridger a couple of years back, and I've seen it done at Alta as well.

In the latter case, it was the first time I was there, so I just figured it was accepted protocol. In the latter, eh, I was ahead of the empty skis in the line, so I wasn't too concerned about it, but it seemed potentially like an asshole move when there were dozens of people in the line over an hour before opening, but again, tough to say without some context (like knowing who and possibly why they couldn't hang out and wait). Oh, and I'm assuming that if it is accepted protocol, that it's expected you do it geared up and ready to go. Dropping your skis in line before heading to the lodge to boot up definitely seems like a total asshat move.

And we are talking about the whole group leaving skis as placeholders and taking off. If someone in the group needs to click out because their pass is still in the lodge or they need to take a leak, I don't see that being a big deal (especially the latter, because there's probably someone out there who would otherwise just say f*** it and piss in the liftline).

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Now I recognize where that architectural detail came from! Not that I spend a lot of time in the Cowboy Heaven condos. The "penalty box" is a BS classic.
    If you have not done so, stop in the PHQ at the top of 6-Shooter or Lone Tree, those were also built by Yours Truly with a lot of help. Both feature unique architecture derived from being short on time and $$$ and scrounging from multi-million dollar homes in progress. The wood stove at Lone Tree was one of the finest things I ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    It's like Chicago dibs.
    Almost. FIFY.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fixed.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	283.7 KB 
ID:	304481  

Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    Almost. FIFY.
    I'm dying. That's fucking gold.

My powder skirt prevents my jacket from getting pulled over my head. So I've got that going for me, along with being 5'6" and a generally nice guy. I'm not coming to your ski areas and looking to start fights in the lift line.

Intersting for me to hear that this is a reasonably accepted and tolerated practice in certain places.

Take that kind of shit to Polyass.

OK today was much better than Saturday. A bit of new snow, more terrain open and Jerry has left the building for a while.

The Bowl skied nice, Challenger was $$$. Still rocky if you don't know where you are going but it was a fine day. The Patrol was taking a very hands off approach to terrain management and you could pretty much venture wherever you wanted within reason. I passed on BRT south but Brt North was good as was Midnight. Saw lots of familiar faces and had a blast. Also grabbed a spot in the Gold Lot.

I'm not coming to your ski areas and looking to start fights in the lift line.

Interesting for me to hear that this is a reasonably accepted and tolerated practice in certain places.
    Most tribes have their own ways of doing things. Give a shout when you are headed this way.

Most tribes have their own ways of doing things. Give a shout when you are headed this way.
    Thank you, will do and much appreciated. I usually go Ridge Hippie when in MT 'cause my bro works there, but with Ikon in hand this year it may change that for me to spend some days at the Big. It's been a while.

The Patrol was taking a very hands off approach to terrain management and you could pretty much venture wherever you wanted within reason.
    I asked a patroller about possible tram terrain opening this week but he seemed to think that while it was good snow up high, Screaming Left, Middle Road and Duck Walk were no-go for the time being. With high pressure in the immediate forecast, I decided to move my ski days to next week. Fingers crossed for a changing forecast..

I leave for Atlanta for 5 days next Thursday so you can probably count on snow starting right around then.

I think that Beta was pretty solid, last time I looked (last Week) Duck Walk looked rather thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post

little klister on the un-attended skis, worth missing first tracks just to watch you flail as your skis stick.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'm kinda on board with Lexi. I haven't actually gone that far, but I have gotten in line at 8ish. Stand around for a while (while there are 20 pairs of unattended skis in the line)....chatted to folks, etc. After almost freezing to death I will run inside, piss, grab a togo coffee, and be back at my skis in 5-8 minutes. Then stand around for another 30 waiting for them to start loading chairs.

I honestly see nothing wrong with that.

If you have not done so, stop in the PHQ at the top of 6-Shooter or Lone Tree, those were also built by Yours Truly with a lot of help. Both feature unique architecture derived from being short on time and $$$ and scrounging from multi-million dollar homes in progress. The wood stove at Lone Tree was one of the finest things I ever did.
    I haven't been in either of those PHQ buildings, when my bride was patrolling it was always on the BS side other than the Moonlight first aid room. I need to branch out from the smoke shack architectural tours and include Lone Tree and Sixshooter PHQ.

When more opens lets go on tour.

Janky beehive snowpack today ... but good snow under the challenger lift. Had a 2 for 1 lift and BC day. Love this place. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1751.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	304558Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1738.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	254.1 KB 
ID:	304559Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1758.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	304560

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I've got Lexi's back. If I see some Fatypuss' tossed aside there will be a throw down.
    Thanks homie, got yer back too.

My post was directed at LMW as he has been known to bitch about one's spot in line when his slow-fucking ass arrives tardy, as usual. I hope you are reading this Randy!!!

In other news, first day of freak-week at the Pig Sty was outstanding! The W buffed out ills nicely in the afternoon on certain North facing aspects if you know where to look, plus, groomers for days, great skiing!

Pretty uncrowded yesterday, so much so that I had to ask if it was actually Freak weak.

Then I spotted a pack of rabid pow hipsters from the BB at the top of Challenger.