Page 53 of 135 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3371
    I'm going to be out of town Monday, but forecast suggests a small pow day Monday.

Find a local with a pass - all the passes come with buddy tickets, so it should be easy to find someone to get you a little discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Palisades just sent out the most disgusting marketing item as a "survey" where they ask your opinion on all the things they see as positives in their development plan with the most obviously slanted response choices, while entirely ignoring the negatives.

Paraphrasing
    " The new development will bring jobs, stable year round incomes and affordable housing to the basin"
    Do you
    A) support this development
    B) hate puppies and kittens and eat them from a blender?
    Where do they want to develop? Alpine area?

I'm showing up in a couple weeks. Haven't been to Truckee since I lived there briefly forever ago. Will be interesting to see the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Where do they want to develop? Alpine area?

I'm showing up in a couple weeks. Haven't been to Truckee since I lived there briefly forever ago. Will be interesting to see the changes.
    They'll never develop more in Alpine meadows because almost all of it is in an avalanche path. Troy is probably going to build some super fancy "single family" homes on his property that ski in and out of the base to base, but that's about it for Palisades' backside.
    Palisades proper is pretty much resubmitting their proposal from the Andy Wirth years that only passed with really seedy shenanigans and a BS environmental impact statement (which Sierra watch pointed out, killing the project). They still want to build ten-story buildings, a waterpark the size of a Walmart, and drive some additional 3000 daily car trips up 89/Olympic Valley road, never mind draw down the aquifer and make things even harder for workers. https://www.sierrawatch.org/tahoe-tr...e/#toggle-id-1
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Any other takers for Monday afternoon at Rose? I told realtor to hold off until 330 in town so I should for sure be able to ski until at least 2. Hopefully done interviewing by like 1130 or even 11 so hopefully can get boots on and get a ticket by like 1215…

Looks like it will be a very nice 4-6” refresh and cold/bluebird in afternoon. Im stoked.

After the time I’ve had in Montana, stoke meter is at unprecedented level for about a whole decade…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Smooth chalk and surface slush in the sun. The bottom of this didn't look like it went, but cutting out was easy. Getting back to the car was a pain tho

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Nice Claymond, I was eyeballing that one but choose to go south and found really good corn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03CB7B4C-5122-4425-83E4-629822179A75.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	414.5 KB 
ID:	445050

Nice. Pretty cool that y'all were able to find some soft snow.

Have weekend shit to take care of, so yesterday was just a quick skin lap up Boulder at Heavenly, and then a couple laps on the lifts. Hiked up to Monument and skied the north face back into the resort. Super variable wind affected snow, obviously, but it was all supportable. Good conditions for testing your skiing ability, for sure.

Also, does anyone at Heavenly know how to fucking traverse (or ski downhill)? There was about 100 vertical feet in Milky Way Bowl that was straight washboard because people couldn't pick one traverse path.

Flurries down in Carson now. Feels good to be back in a semi-active pattern.

Name:	Image1675015066.462425.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	445070

This is incredible and crazy. From yesterday. Maybe a sign that you’re allowing too many people on the mountain?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

And of course you want people checking Twitter on the hill. Makes total sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

This is incredible and crazy. From yesterday. Maybe a sign that you’re allowing too many people on the mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by mloomis99 View Post
    And of course you want people checking Twitter on the hill. Makes total sense.
    Isn't that what mountain run is for?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

Please download via I-80.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    They'll never develop more in Alpine meadows because almost all of it is in an avalanche path. Troy is probably going to build some super fancy "single family" homes on his property that ski in and out of the base to base, but that's about it for Palisades' backside.
    Palisades proper is pretty much resubmitting their proposal from the Andy Wirth years that only passed with really seedy shenanigans and a BS environmental impact statement (which Sierra watch pointed out, killing the project). They still want to build ten-story buildings, a waterpark the size of a Walmart, and drive some additional 3000 daily car trips up 89/Olympic Valley road, never mind draw down the aquifer and make things even harder for workers. https://www.sierrawatch.org/tahoe-tr...e/#toggle-id-1
    That sounds fuuukd

Terrible news out of Japan. I know many of us here knew Kyle. Kind of at a loss for words
    https://mountaingazette.com/blogs/mo...anche-in-japan
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

fkn scary for Adam - buried for 25 minutes

fack
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Has Meiss Meadow SnoPark been cleared?
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

apparently yes

check yer FB

Condolences. It sucks to lose anyone in the community. Could have been 2 deaths, maybe 3 or more pretty easily. I really worry about starting a slide on someone or having them cut one down on me.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

^there were two. One of the Austrian skiers also died.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Oh, man. Kyle was a ripper on skis and bikes. Super sad news!
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Terrible news out of Japan. I know many of us here knew Kyle. Kind of at a loss for words
    https://mountaingazette.com/blogs/mo...anche-in-japan
    Oh fuck. Didn't know Kyle well but would always see him around and skied some laps with him here or there over the years. He always came off as a really nice, humble guy and obviously a ripping skier. You rarely hear about this sort of stuff happening in Japan.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    ^there were two. One of the Austrian skiers also died.
    Ah. Scheiße

Sad to hear the Japan news...

Anyone have any beta on conditions/snowfall at Kirkwood yesterday? Skied Heavenly and it was nuking - 10" at the stake from 9am to 4pm.

But Heavenly hasn't updated their report in 2 days and Kirkwood is reporting 4" with a broken snow stake cam...

Edit: Reports just came out (early bird gets the worm?) - Heavenly 13"
    Last edited by seawolf.; 01-30-2023 at 08:56 AM.

Very sad and condolences to all. I've skied with Adam a couple times and it's terrifying to think what he went through and what he has to live with now.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Skied Saturday at SVUSA...from my perspective, the crowds weren't too much of an issue but I also stay Friday nights in the valley.

They opened up at 8:45am in perfect Californian weather, so I followed my usual program of skiing the North-ish steep aspects that get sun only in the AM. Went straight to Silverado and snuck my way into Hanging Gardens from Beaver Bowl to find wind-affected funky snow. From there, lots of Headwall laps then KT/Red Dog rinse and repeat with maybe minimal waiting at Headwall....skied right onto the lift at KT & Red Dog. Groomers were on point and the steeps on the lower mountain below the ridgetops skied better than up high than say Light Towers or under Tram in Silverado.

yeah but