Page 82 of 165 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 4118
    Great time for a road trip. I mean, gas prices are down and all the sheeple are shacked up at home, so with no one on the road, it is pretty damn safe to drive a few hours to hit up my favorite stash. I know for sure I won't ever be in accident cause I've checked the road for ice, road hazards, and other issues. My tires are good, air pressure is good, nothing could ever go wrong with my vehicle. Time to hit the road. Can anyone recommend a good place to get some breakfast around Reno. I don't mind waiting in line, cause a crowd just means the food is good, yo. Also, I need beta on where to find the best snow. Thanks in advance. #notselfishjustwinning

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Great time for a road trip. I mean, gas prices are down and all the sheeple are shacked up at home, so with no one on the road, it is pretty damn safe to drive a few hours to hit up my favorite stash. I know for sure I won't ever be in accident cause I've checked the road for ice, road hazards, and other issues. My tires are good, air pressure is good, nothing could ever go wrong with my vehicle. Time to hit the road. Can anyone recommend a good place to get some breakfast around Reno. I don't mind waiting in line, cause a crowd just means the food is good, yo. Also, I need beta on where to find the best snow. Thanks in advance. #notselfishjustwinning
    Check the spare!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Naw. No need. With so people on the road, I can just call AAA. They will be there in a jiffy. I mean, they are probably fucking bored out of their minds and would love to come to my aid. Keeping the economy going. I just need to split. So tired of all these sick people coughing all around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Rider View Post
    Ugh thanks but I have Shifts on heavy Moments right now. Fingers crossed Gary can do it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Imagine if you kept lugging that setup around, how beastly you would become next season on a skinny tech plank.

I remember when all I had was this 36 pound AM bike that I would take on everything from DH to 7k vert XC rides. That first season switching over to my new 25 pound rig felt like I was superman.

Don't forget to stop for gas away from home, sneeze on the gas pump and go into the store to buy snacks so that you can touch the credit card machine with the hands that you just coughed into. Hey, while you're at it go visit grandma who just finished chemo cause I hear she's lonely. #endofrant.

I figured out how to block ButtGirl's posts, can I also block any posts that quote they/them?
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

This.

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    I guess we disagree. Yes, compared to Instagram TGR is tiny but I would like to see the data for this thread. Maybe the admins can let us know the average number of people that view this thread in day.

Anyway, if we can save one person from getting the Coronavirus by not posting stoke I think it’s worth it. What makes the Coronavirus so deadly is not the mortality rate but the fact that it spreads so easily and there seem to be a large number of people that are asymptotic.

I think of all the brave health care workers all over this country that are risking their lives working long hours often without the correct equipment. Within reason, I think we should do everything we can to help them and I think foregoing some stoke is a small thing to give up. After all, there are plenty of old ski movies where you can get your dopamine hits .

And for the record, I like Wobby’s pictures too and I have no problem with him being responsible and getting some amazing turns in. It’s the posting of the pics in a public forum that I have a problem with.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Apparently some coronaviruses can survive years frozen/refrigerated... I have started to sniffle on the skintrack instead of shooting snot rockets and mist all over. Nobuddy knows who's a carrier out there so the only available option is distance. Had to have a talk with my housemate about her kid flying back from college in LA just to observe the first anniversary with his gf. Like, no dude, it's not necessary. You can obviously forgo that. You might think the risk is acceptable for you but you don't have the right to make that assessment for anybuddy else you might carry virus to. Guys like that pos dude that went touring should be made to clean door knobs with their tongues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    ok I admit to poking the bear a little bit with my posts -maybe I am insensitive as someone who still has great open access to the pow. I do think that backcountry skiing is a great social distance activity though, and that one could smartly travel long distances by car without any virus transfer. But you're right in that we shouldn't necessarily trust everyone to use great judgement and common sense on scientific matters regarding public health.

Two honest thoughts that counter my previous statements though:
    1. If your friend's skin track farts are so pervasive (even with appropriate social distance measures) to your nostrils, imagine how well a scentless virus particle travels.
    2. If someone with COVID coughs, spits, etc on the skin track, and you proceed to skin over it -can you pick it up and transmit while removing your skins? How long could the virus live on open snow?

This is the content I came here for (until June when I do a little slide show).

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We should be doing more to prevent flu. The biggest thing we could do is universal paid sick leave and encouraging people to use it--but that would get in the way of capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    Don't forget to stop for gas away from home, sneeze on the gas pump and go into the store to buy snacks so that you can touch the credit card machine with the hands that you just coughed into. Hey, while you're at it go visit grandma who just finished chemo cause I hear she's lonely. #endofrant.
    I'll just stick to touring the wood 30 mins away, gasing up at safeway with ppe on and pissing off the alpine county sheriff for exercising outside. #physicaldistancing

Quote Originally Posted by 2clue View Post
    Imagine if you kept lugging that setup around, how beastly you would become next season on a skinny tech plank.

I remember when all I had was this 36 pound AM bike that I would take on everything from DH to 7k vert XC rides. That first season switching over to my new 25 pound rig felt like I was superman.
    Sarcastic much? Didn't work when I upgraded plate bindings to shifts. Never should have sold dynafiddles.

Squaw Valley Resort Abandons California Express Lift; Alpine Meadows to be exclusive members-only resort

https://www.pugski.com/ams/squaw-val...press-lift.86/

“I A.M. and you’re not”

Quote Originally Posted by ElToroPequeño View Post
    Squaw Valley Resort Abandons California Express Lift; Alpine Meadows to be exclusive members-only resort

https://www.pugski.com/ams/squaw-val...press-lift.86/

“I A.M. and you’re not”
    Yes please... Except the grooming part.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I already put my money down. First 100 people guaranteed first chairs every powder day with the special gold pass.

while this site may not reach as far and wide as instaclaim, i know for a fact that there are waayyyy more lurkers here then u may think. i have lots of friends that dont post here, but always seem to know what ive been getting into after i post pics. yeah thats right.........im talking bout YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    But in the meantime, who is actually bold enough to keep talking about skiing? That's what I'm here for - not to get shamed for it.
    Ok. Bobo's is having a 2 day sale. Phone orders only, curbside pick up. 50% off skis. 40% off bindings. You'll hafta know whut U want I guess.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Ok. Bobo's is having a 2 day sale. Phone orders only, curbside pick up. 50% off skis. 40% off bindings. You'll hafta know whut U want I guess.
    TGR Forums mobile app
    Thats rad I guess!

Also skiing related...conditions suck right now. Would not recommend

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post

Well said. While acknowledging that this is the Internet, it'd be heartening to see people dial back the volume of their opinions/judgment a tad.

In an effort to interject a modicum of positivity into this thread, here are some photos of my 13-year-old from early February, which already feels like a year ago.

Attachment 322516

Attachment 322517
    AK, I forgot to post this when I first saw it - Thanks for your interjection of a "modicum of positivity" and great pics. My kids legit started skiing this year. Your pics showed me what i'll be hopefully doing w/my kiddo's in a couple of years. Thx.

BTW, if I ever do a first ascent of any rock or ice route, I've decided I'll name the route "a modicum of positivity". Just sounds cool Before that, my placeholder was "Boning Mother Teresa"... Not sure why, just felt like it would fit in with some of the modern route names. LOL. It's a moot point, cause It prolly wouldn't have ever happened anyway w/my climbing level...

^^^^ dooood for some much needed levity around here, you should share your story bout the ems visit

and now for the anti-fomo report for all you folks unable to get their shred on,....... its all gone to shit. even above 9k, conditions are a solid meh. youre not missing anything right now

are we getting into corn territory yet?

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    are we getting into corn territory yet?
    Went from frozen this morning to mank I think...

hard freeze tonight. tomorrow might.
    after tomorrow night's chill, friday will
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Powcruzer View Post
    speaking of impending global virus invasions.......
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

ca snoparks closed starting today