Page 81 of 165 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 4118
    Just ignore that moron and stop quoting him.

Ignore list for BG and his idiocy = better for all of the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    If you don't think what is happening isn't Tyranny, you're delusional. This "planned"demic's sole purpose is unlimited governmental powers and to start weening the public to accept more draconian measures in the future. Mandated vaccines, cashless society, social credits, and all encompassing surveillance needs to be massaged into the public's psyche. There will be another worse pandemic in a few years. This is just a test run. The collective, hypnotic psychosis the public is under is jaw dropping. Now everyone is at home and forced to watch the shitty ass news, whose job is strictly to instill fear. (CBS nightly news just got caught using footage from an Italian hospital, claiming it was in NYC). "Social distancing", "we're all in this together", "stay at home" is Orwellian as fuck. They've already started hotlines to call so you can snitch on your neighbors. And for a virus that has now been proven to be only as contagious as the flu. Meanwhile, we're currently having one of the worst NON COVID19 flu/pneumonia seasons in the last 100 years, but since those have a name they don't fit the agenda. Check the CDC statistics, since Nov 1st there's been AT LEAST 3000 deaths per week* of the flu or pneumonia in the U.S. this season.
    And while you're all washing your fucking hands 20 times a day, they're destroying the economy and livelihood of millions. The lives it's ruining financially will cause more deaths and hardship that this virus left unchecked to run it's course. Riots are coming. Buy a gun.

Quarantine this right here.
    Couldn’t they have just done all this with extra Chemtrailz? I means why all Teh sickness when they can just control our minds w the magical streamy clouds? Are Teh Chemtrailz people mad? Couldn’t they counter the plandemix w more Chemtrailz infiltrations to make us think like them?

Ignorance
    It is clear you do not have an understanding of exponential growth. Let me help you out. The number of infected doubles every 3 days. Lets say we reach peak deaths in 2 weeks which is extremely optimistic, that is 14 days. 14 days divided by 3 is a little over 4, therefore the virus will have infected a little over 4 times as many people in a period of two weeks. 500 people died today. 500 x 2^4 is 8000. In two weeks we will be seeing 8000+ deaths PER DAY. Please stop spreading your false logic with unsupported claims.

Edit: I would like to add there is alot of evidence that these numbers are conservative estimates.

BG gets it. I mean, how is it not obvious that Trump and the Democrats are in cahoots with China, Iran, and Italy (and most of the rest of the world) in a scheme to get people to watch CBS news. For fucks sake, the dish package has like 250 channels, and they pretty much all suck, so there has to be something to it, amiright?!
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    I agree. Even if you are safe, you are encouraging others who may not be. Just go back a few posts to hear a story about a person who tested positive going for a tour. That guy doesn’t need to see any stoke of the great conditions he is missing.
    Did that actually happen? IDK.
    Does that guy know how to think rationally enough to be influenced in the same way as normal people? IDK

All I'm saying is that this is clearly the "The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Thread", and if we need to start an "Official 2020 Bitch and Debate about Coronavirus/FOMO Thread" -then I am in full support.

But in the meantime, who is actually bold enough to keep talking about skiing? That's what I'm here for -not to get shamed for it.

Appropriate social distance...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    Does that guy know how to think rationally enough to be influenced in the same way as normal people? IDK

All I'm saying is that this is clearly the "The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Thread", and if we need to start an "Official 2020 Bitch and Debate about Coronavirus/FOMO Thread" -then I am in full support.

But in the meantime, who is actually bold enough to keep talking about skiing? That's what I'm here for -not to get shamed for it.
    Here it is! https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...es-of-COVID-19
    sproing!

The Official 19/20 Tahoe Ski Snowboard Thread. Plus bonus Bootfitting Recs!

Wake up and don’t be selfish. Thousands are dying and a huge part of the economy is shut down because of this pandemic. For those that are not sick many have lost their jobs or businesses. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for you not to post your stoke publicly, without a doubt encouraging those that don’t take social distancing seriously to come to Tahoe to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ He went out to a trailhead *after* testing positive? WTF?

People doing dumb shit like that is going to keep us all sheltered in place through the summer.
    Actually the opposite is true. If many people are doing stupid shit like this, it prevents the flattening of the curve and makes the epidemic last shorter (visualize a shorter tail on a curve that is not flattened). Of course the huge spike in cases causes its own set of problems.

Wake up and don’t be selfish. Thousands are dying and a huge part of the economy is shut down because of this pandemic. For those that are not sick many have lost their jobs or businesses. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for you not to post your stoke publicly, without a doubt encouraging those that don’t take social distancing seriously to come to Tahoe to ski.
    This is a tiny little corner of the internet and nearly irrelevant compared to instagram and other places. Whatever, I liked wobby's photos and glad to see those who live near the goods are getting after it, which can still be done responsibly. It's not selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This is a tiny little corner of the internet and nearly irrelevant compared to instagram and other places. Whatever, I liked wobby's photos and glad to see those who live near the goods are getting after it, which can still be done responsibly. It's not selfish.
    I guess we disagree. Yes, compared to Instagram TGR is tiny but I would like to see the data for this thread. Maybe the admins can let us know the average number of people that view this thread in day.

Anyway, if we can save one person from getting the Coronavirus by not posting stoke I think it’s worth it. What makes the Coronavirus so deadly is not the mortality rate but the fact that it spreads so easily and there seem to be a large number of people that are asymptotic.

I think of all the brave health care workers all over this country that are risking their lives working long hours often without the correct equipment. Within reason, I think we should do everything we can to help them and I think foregoing some stoke is a small thing to give up. After all, there are plenty of old ski movies where you can get your dopamine hits .

And for the record, I like Wobby’s pictures too and I have no problem with him being responsible and getting some amazing turns in. It’s the posting of the pics in a public forum that I have a problem with.

ok I admit to poking the bear a little bit with my posts -maybe I am insensitive as someone who still has great open access to the pow. I do think that backcountry skiing is a great social distance activity though, and that one could smartly travel long distances by car without any virus transfer. But you're right in that we shouldn't necessarily trust everyone to use great judgement and common sense on scientific matters regarding public health.

Two honest thoughts that counter my previous statements though:
    1. If your friend's skin track farts are so pervasive (even with appropriate social distance measures) to your nostrils, imagine how well a scentless virus particle travels.
    2. If someone with COVID coughs, spits, etc on the skin track, and you proceed to skin over it -can you pick it up and transmit while removing your skins? How long could the virus live on open snow?

ok I admit to poking the bear a little bit with my posts -maybe I am insensitive as someone who still has great open access to the pow. I do think that backcountry skiing is a great social distance activity though, and that one could smartly travel long distances by car without any virus transfer. But you're right in that we shouldn't necessarily trust everyone to use great judgement and common sense on scientific matters regarding public health.

Two honest thoughts that counter my previous statements though:
    1. If your friend's skin track farts are so pervasive (even with appropriate social distance measures) to your nostrils, imagine how well a scentless virus particle travels.
    2. If someone with COVID coughs, spits, etc on the skin track, and you proceed to skin over it -can you pick it up and transmit while removing your skins? How long could the virus live on open snow?
    No doubt that when done responsibility backcountry skiing can be a great way to social distance. Unfortunately there will be a small minority that will do it irresponsibly and with a virus as contagious as Covid-19 those few people can have a huge negative effect. When traveling by car minimize the use of stores and gas stations outside your home area to help with the spread of the virus.

I wouldn’t worry about getting the corona virus in the backcountry unless someone coughs on you or you start shaking hands without gloves .

Enjoy the backcountry, stay safe, post pics privately and remember to social distance. It’s everyone’s responsibility.

Also, if the admins want to create a private Corona Tahoe stoke thread, I would not be opposed to that. Long time members can get their fill of stoke without publicly enticing people to come to Tahoe and ski.

When I told my touring partners that the only place I post pics is an internet skiing forum they referred to the maggots collectively as my ‘dungeons and dragons friends’.... I told them they’re not even my friends sooooo

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    When I told my touring partners that the only place I post pics is an internet skiing forum they referred to the maggots collectively as my ‘dungeons and dragons friends’.... I told them they’re not even my friends sooooo

I just tell non mags its my ski nerd forum and I'm proudly one. So where can a guy get a binding mount in South Lake before summer.? I need a lighter touring setup.

And anyone have any beta on twin lakes/crater crest? Search didn't yield anything.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post

It’s not maggots I am worried about. It is all the lurkers on the interwebs, some of whom are not taking social distancing seriously. Do you really want them coughing in Safeway while they pick up their snacks for the tour or touching gas pumps with the hands that they rarely wash?

BGnight says "Meanwhile, we're currently having one of the worst NON COVID19 flu/pneumonia seasons in the last 100 years,"
    per cdc web page 2019-20 estimated deaths 24-62K
    2018-19 26-53
    2017-19 46-95K
    2016-17 29-61
    2015-16 17-35K
    For the current season the estimate ranges from 1000 deaths per week to 2500. Not the solid 3000 you claim
    Seems like an average year. We should be doing more to prevent flu. The biggest thing we could do is universal paid sick leave and encouraging people to use it--but that would get in the way of capitalism
    The other thing about the flu deaths is that they are much more skewed towards the elderly than Covid19. In contrast to Covid 19 which often kills people who are older with underlying chronic conditions but who are stable and active, the flu is often a terminal event for people who were failing before they caught the flu, people who were housebound or even bed bound, often not living at home. While Covid 19 is usually the single cause of death, flu is most often one of several contributing factors. Yes--a lot of covid19 fatalities have chronic conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure; a lot of flu fatalities have conditions like congestive heart failure, kidney failure, respiratory failure, chronic weight loss and malnutrition prior to getting the flu.

But I digress--BG, at least take the trouble to look up the numbers rather than making them up. And put the gun down, you're going to hurt yourself.

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I guess we disagree. Yes, compared to Instagram TGR is tiny but I would like to see the data for this thread. Maybe the admins can let us know the average number of people that view this thread in day.
    I called someone out on instagram today for posting pics. It actually went well. Letting them know there are already health care professionals in the area that have tested positive and are isolating helps. This is from the president of Tahoe Forest Hospital. https://www.tfhd.com/news/important-...-health-system. And yes, some of the other 'health care organizations' are other hospitals in the area.
    As with most other healthcare organizations, we too have several team members with positive test results, and they are recovering at home, with none requiring hospitalization. It's common for healthcare workers to become infected when caring for the ill, and we’re grateful to our strong team of caregivers and support staff who are working hard daily to keep our communities and health system as safe as possible. Our team is putting everything we have on the line to provide our community with the best healthcare during this crisis.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Rider View Post
    So where can a guy get a binding mount in South Lake before summer.? I need a lighter touring setup.
    I had to mount up my own a couple weeks ago. They came out well. Measure twice (or more), drill once.

https://www.bindingfreedom.com/paper-tempaltes/

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...aper-Templates
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    I had to mount up my own a couple weeks ago. They came out well. Measure twice (or more), drill once.

https://www.bindingfreedom.com/paper-tempaltes/

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...aper-Templates
    Ugh thanks but I have Shifts on heavy Moments right now. Fingers crossed Gary can do it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    Some fucker skinned up the slope under the buttress (and further), and the sign went up.
    We we're actually planning on going for the same area (Estelle trees). Gentian and promised land had been getting slayed the last two weeks, so there's no reason the other side should have been off limits. Pretty sure this wasn't the reason. My buddy works for F.S. and said a memo just came out that they're closing all the major access points.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    For the current season the estimate ranges from 1000 deaths per week to 2500. Not the solid 3000 you claim
    I was looking at a CDC chart. Pneu/Flu minimum 3000+ per week since Nov 1st. 4 weeks over 4k deaths. I'll try to find it again.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    For fucks sake, the dish package has like 250 channels,
    The rest was too stupid to acknowledge, but the CDC is running commercials literally on EVERY channel on Charter. There's no escaping the propaganda if you watch T.V.

I was looking at a CDC chart. Pneu/Flu minimum 3000+ per week since Nov 1st. 4 weeks over 4k deaths. I'll try to find it again.
    Consider this--health care workers and first responders are dying from taking care of Covid patients. Have you heard of that happening with influenza? They're different diseases. There's more to understanding this than numbers. When you whatabout the flu you are displaying your ignorance.