Page 314 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    “Let’s get back to living,” Patrick said.

This will not end well.
    Let's do some living after we die.--M. Jagger.

Just because Trump tells people they can go back to work doesn't mean they'll go back to work.
    It's ironic that the worst outbreak in the country is where Wall Street is. Wall Street may be singing a different tune in a week or too. (Those that aren't on a private island somewhere.)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    If you're talking about all Americans I think you're painting with too broad a brush.
    Grades are due in about 3 weeks. Let's check back and see how we did.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Just because Trump tells people they can go back to work doesn't mean they'll go back to work.
    The moment that he tells people they can go back to work, there'll be a huge number of employers who say "okay, all clear! come on back!" and go back to completely ignoring little things like the CDC, WHO, and science.

Most people won't have a choice if they want to keep their jobs.

This would be an unmitigated disaster. Way more people would die and it would do nothing for the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Grades are due in about 3 weeks. Let's check back and see how we did.
    Yeah I mean the numbers will be there to review. Overall national numbers are pretty much bound to be bad no doubt. But I'll be interested to see what happens on a more local level too.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Most people won't have a choice if they want to keep their jobs.

This would be an unmitigated disaster. Way more people would die and it would do nothing for the economy.
    Actually, it would fuck up the economy way worse than if we continue under the current lockdown and wait until R0<1

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Right now I'd suggest that you tell your guys to handle everything like it just came out of a septic tank. Including the customers. It'll help sell the message. Wash hands often.
    No customers so thats not a problem. Mostly old dudes or family guys in the van. But some have teenage kids. No one hacking up a storm, or atleast not yet. We're disinfecting all the trucks everytime we get in or out at the end of the day. I clean everything i think i might touch. 4 or 5 in the van is the part that freaks me out a bit. No real partiers but its hard to know where the exposure will come from with other people. How careful are they shopping, do they have many visitors, are kids out and about, wives working with customers etc etc

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Chinese Rat Flu

Since the states/cities have been the ones to shut things down, will they really go along with Moron Trump when he says it’s time to reopen? They haven’t been listening to him much so far.

When is Trump gonna get around to suing the coronavirus for this disaster?

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    The moment that he tells people they can go back to work, there'll be a huge number of employers who say "okay, all clear! come on back!" and go back to completely ignoring little things like the CDC, WHO, and science.
    However, I think a lot of the Governors would override Trump on this, especially if the bodies start piling up.

Edit: sniped by FD
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Olympics postponed a year
    I think the announcement was that they are postponed, not necessarily till next year, though.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Since the states/cities have been the ones to shut things down, will they really go along with Moron Trump when he says it’s time to reopen? They haven’t been listening to him much so far.
    If there's ever been a time for "thoughts and prayers" this is it. Pray for your governor and/or boss to make the right decision.

I don’t why you guys get all worked up about what he said today, because tomorrow he will say something different.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Let's do some living after we die.--M. Jagger.

It's ironic that the worst outbreak in the country is where Wall Street is. Wall Street may be singing a different tune in a week or too. (Those that aren't on a private island somewhere.)
    Hey, that's my sig, and pretty sure Keith wrote that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I don’t why you guys get all worked up about what he said today, because tomorrow he will say something different.

Can you conservatives just send the message up the ranks to for common decency have the moron step aside and not speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Opinion piece by

Yanzhong Huang a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations and a Professor at Seton Hall University.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/op...080154581.html

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah I mean the numbers will be there to review. Overall national numbers are pretty much bound to be bad no doubt. But I'll be interested to see what happens on a more local level too.
    It's all so sad, because the little towns and southern cities are next, and he's just speeding up the death rate.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    What would be the best ppe to wear on my staff van to work? Type of mask? Or face shield? Right now the staff van is my biggest exposure
    No mask = no entry

py masks on everyone > a really expensive mask on you

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    However, I think a lot of the Governors would override Trump on this, especially if the bodies start piling up.

Edit: sniped by FD
    yeah it doesn't really matter what he says today. the bodies are gonna pile up fast it seems. since the 3/13, the number of new dead has more than doubled every 3 days. IF that keeps up we will be dealing with well over 5,000 dead per day in two weeks, with the number continuing to rise.

edit-of course it matters what he says. His tweets today likely caused/will cause the virus to spread even further, thus killing more on account of math. But it doesn't matter in terms of any future decisions.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    No mask = no entry

py masks on everyone > a really expensive mask on you
    And hand sanitizer before getting in the van.
    -phones stay in pockets
    -hands off faces
    -if somebody coughs or sneezes or touches their face, keep them with you, but when you get to your spot, burn your clothes!

I have a restaurant that is pretty much shut down from this. My entire staff is laid off. As owner I am not entitled to unemployment as far as I know. Yes I can offer to-go food but I am in a destination setting. I am offering mixed drinks to go, "groceries" like vegetables, toilet paper, wine, basically whatever we have. Nobody is going to come out here. If they do it sure as hell won't be enough to sustain anything. I have no idea how I will navigate this financially but for some reason I'm not worried about it. If I was just kind of fucked I think I would be wondering how I can get out of this. But I am completely fucked and there's really nothing I can do about it. I'm donating some of the perishables, saving most to feed my family. I will most likely lose the business.

I believe this event will change future dining habits close to forever. It could be an opportunity to grow something better. Or it could be something really shitty, like a food landscape of nothing but soulless corporate bullshit.

With that said, I hope Cuomo goes all in and shuts it all down completely. Let's just get this over with.

Dear Trump, just shut it the fuck down you giant orange pussy.

Restaurateurs are a resilient bunch. I think the short term hit is going to be rough, but you'll be back.

Papapooski shit man that sounds rough to put it mildly. I like your attitude though and I think that will serve you and your family in this hopefully brief dark time for your business. Real vibes to you.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Restaurateurs are a resilient bunch. I think the short term hit is going to be rough, but you'll be back.
    or like me, you'll realize the joys of not taking the work home, and go back to being one of the people you sometimes felt you were babysitting. but if you want to continue to run a day care of waiters and cooks ;-) i would assume the stimulus plan will have some resources for you. if it doesn't, that's bs.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.