Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trust Me...

Trust Me...

It’s hard to not be skeptical about this product; but as others have said, it’s a strong team involved.
    It will be interesting to see how it works about.
    I really, really want to ride one.
    I would love to put one of these on my Smuggler, but the price is certainly painful.
    I’m gonna try and find a demo or something. Pretty cool to have this happening in SLC, I hope it works out for them. I’d imagine they have some other products/plans in the hopper.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Was DW actually involved in production at Evil for those frames? Or were they just licensing his design?
    That Delta suspension platform is legit, it was the manufacturing execution of those first batch frames that was botched.

He was a founder of evil, and it's my understanding that he did all the engineering for the frames, which usually involves quite a bit of interaction with the factory building the things.

But regardless, the fault lies with the factory and whoever at evil was in charge of qc. Maybe dw has some culpability there, maybe not.

My point is just that trust is a new brand with a new product, and I'm not going to assume that all the bugs have been ironed out just because there are some noteworthy names involved. In particular, this thing has two air chambers and an all new damper from a group of people that have zero bonafides designing and building actual suspension components. Given that the major suspension companies still struggle to produce durable products, I'm... skeptically optimistic about this new contraption from trust.

DW started Evil when they were making freeride hardtails and weird shit on the east coast.
    My understanding is that company fizzled out, then the guys in the PNW bought the brand, licensed Delta, etc. He’s always involved in implementation of his suspension into frame designs but I don’t think he was involved in the day-to-day Evil production and QC overseas.

Either way, I hope it works out for these guys. It’s a ballsy move, but they are not dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    It’s hard to not be skeptical about this product; but as others have said, it’s a strong team involved.
    It will be interesting to see how it works about.
    I really, really want to ride one.
    I would love to put one of these on my Smuggler, but the price is certainly painful.
    I’m gonna try and find a demo or something. Pretty cool to have this happening in SLC, I hope it works out for them. I’d imagine they have some other products/plans in the hopper.
    Ya gotta figure. DW isn't one to sit around and wait for things to come his way, he strikes me as 'that guy that makes things happen'.

Wow, one hell of a negative review so far. Mind you they should have known better than to strap it to a Ripmo...although they did try on a Sniper as well.

https://lacemine29.blogspot.com/2018...rk-review.html

Wow

I got chance to parking lot test one of these.

It’s weird, when you push straight down like you would to get a feel of a telescopic fork it feels really stiff. But then put the wheel against a wall and it gets really plush, no stiction.
    Out in the lot I pedaled straight into a 4 inch curb and it sucked it right up. Felt like the bars barely moved.
    There is a little 18in ledge nearby that I dropped off of, flat drop style, and the fork felt terrible when the impact force came from directly below. I think this is where a lot of the issues were in that review. The Lunch Loops are probably one of the worst places to test this fork if that type of flat ledge impact is not optimal for the linkage action.
    Climbing up ledges is great, but landing both wheels simultaneously or rear wheel first seems like it just doesn’t t work that well.

I also have concerns about preloading/bump jumping stuff in the trail as it doesn’t seem to respond well to those types of forces.

I think riders will need to slightly modify their style a bit, nosing into/ off of stuff and ‘trusting’ that the magic of the linkage will comply. The fact that ht angles remain static (allegedly) throughout travel should help in that regard.

I think steering though choppy roots and rocks will be awesome on this fork, but it seems like the design has some blind spots that will require steeze modification and perhaps even rear suspension adjustment to suit whats happening up front - because it’s different.

It Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Big price drop.

Now $1975

$1000 credit for new purchases for current owners.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I bet both of the guys that bought one at full price are pissed.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    "Ignore that it actually sucks to ride because it was free/i'm pimping?" or It's actually good?

I ran into some guys testing this in the chuckanuts. They wouldnt say but the impression I got was that they no like.

Trust Me...

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I bet both of the guys that bought one at full price are pissed.
    Point, toast2266.

I love when companies drop the price and then tell everyone it's because they were able to cut production costs and wanted to pass the savings on to their customers. They just don't want to admit it was over priced and weren't selling enough of them.

I'd like to try one out but those are some terrible reviews.... and a terrible price....

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    "Ignore that it actually sucks to ride because it was free/i'm pimping?" or It's actually good?

Seems pretty clear to me that he likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Seems pretty clear to me that he likes it.
    Reading between the lines, I took it as "it's very good in certain situations, less good in other situations, and Trust's claim that a 130mm fork can replace a 160mm fork is kinda bullshit."

i liked watching his riding (super talented) but his infomercial at the end dragged on.....lots of numbers and theories as to why it's better but not always better.

Reading between the lines, I took it as "it's very good in certain situations, less good in other situations, and Trust's claim that a 130mm fork can replace a 160mm fork is kinda bullshit."
    I can’t think of a single MTB product that is unequivocally better in every circumstance. There’s give and take with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    I can’t think of a single MTB product that is unequivocally better in every circumstance. There’s give and take with everything.
    Fact.

But I can think of quite a few that are only better in circumstances that I don't care about. Tbd whether the trust fork falls into that category.

I wonder if perhaps Dave Weagle is better at making overly complicated rear suspension than he is at making overly complicated front suspension?

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I wonder if perhaps Dave Weagle is better at making overly complicated rear suspension than he is at making overly complicated front suspension?

DW Link bikes are overly complicated? Kinda ironic coming from a Knolly fanboi, don’t you think?

1. Touché
    2. Knolly isn’t trying to make forks
    3. 4x4 linkage came out almost 20 years ago, looks a lot like a 4 bar, rides a lot like a 4 bar, doesn’t have several versions sold to several different brands.
    4. I just bought a Spec

However many are in a shit ton.

Itd be nice to try. Not sure I'd want to chuck it off much but it does look like itd smooth out some rough stuff. That puts it in the light weight trail bike category and it's not light. Maybe the rough eating ability is worth the extra weight depending on your trails or where you live. Category is getting smaller and smaller for it
    Then again it could be the case Obama secret weapon and smooth it out at the 3:40 minute mark

https://m.vitalmtb.com/videos/member.../iceman2058,94

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Kaput.
    Coronavirus victims?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Kaput.
    Coronavirus victims?
    They're done? Where'd you see that?

They're done? Where'd you see that?
    Still in rumor phase, but that’s the word on the street.