Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EZB View Post
    When you speak to them do you use a part of their anatomy as a pejorative, kooky?
    Re-read your own posts in this thread.
    Like when they're being a dick?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Dr Phil will be doing a show on her today. What a vulture.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    A common stat that is used (so I assume it has basis in fact) is that on average, it takes a victim 7 times to leave before they leave for good. So when people here say "she should have just left", they are demonstrating their naivete and lack of understand about what a DV situation is like. Another thing is that the most dangerous time for the victim in a DV relationship is when they actually leave. That may very well be why this woman was found dead, she may have tried to leave.

So yeah, sure, on the one hand saying "she should have left" is right. But placing blame on her for what happened, either directly or impliedly, because she didn't leave when she "had the chance", shows a lack of understanding of the complex problem that DV is.

I am no expert, but I used to work in a field that required DV training and the ability identify possible DV situations and victims. And have interviewed and talked with many DV victims. And if you're inclined to think that these victims are dumb, not strong, etc, you'd be wrong. Two of my coworkers at that job, two super smart, super strong women, were both survivors of domestic violence relationships. It was a serious eye opener for me when I found that out.

If you truly are curious, there are a lot of resources out there for basic education, they're not hard to find.
    To put this directly, the question is not "why didn't she just leave?" it's "why didn't she leave?" There's a naive interpretation of that which is fun for dunking on and name-calling and another that assumes we all know the answers will involve heavy emotions, personal values and risk calculus. I'm interested in the second. The one where we don't use "it's complicated" to put a glass bottom in the pool. I think the TRG's are capable of having that discussion without it remaining at the least common denominator but I'll be wrong again just as surely as I'll ask basic questions again. I'm fine with that.

My personal experience with this is probably about average for my age: grew up in a house that was or seemed less crazy than a lot of kids I knew, but not free of violence or rage. I brought it to a head as a teenager and still have echoes in my family relationships. About then I became very close to a friend who was abused in ways I won't describe. A court (not here) thought that was a child's lie and justice was never served. There are echoes there, too. That's who I think of with this shit. Not my story to tell. I'll just say my friend endured emotionally abusive relationships (I hope not physically, but won't swear to it) and I've watched the difficulty of escaping that. Heroic courage. Jimmy Carter's questions had a familar ring.

It's hard to be objective about this. Worth a try.

There isn't just one answer, its different in every case but it revolves around self esteem, fear, lack of resources...

Do you know what learned helplessness is?

Quote Originally Posted by EZB View Post
    When you speak to them do you use a part of their anatomy as a pejorative, kooky?
    Re-read your own posts in this thread.
    Is this directed at me?
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    no refutation of the Mtngirl moniker.
    Ya in poker, that’s called a tell…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Honestly, what does it matter.

There's a lot of pent-up rage towards Mtngirl here, especially from the likes of folks posting definite misogynist bullishit.

You would think Makers was buttraped with a chainsaw the way he's so predictably triggered by the mere mention of her name.

Seems any person, if designated by the collective as a rare female, who makes a point re: pervasive systemic misogyny, gets thrown in the "Kraken" category and pilloried here by any number of our resident TRG dentists.

It's pretty fucked, actually.

Just an observation here…I was never a mtngirl hater but I distinctly recall her posting in a way that somehow managed to be irritating despite my agreement with her main points. Meanwhile this older & wiser mtngirl had calmly made her points in this thread and shown more fucking empathy & patience in her posts than most of us can muster. So if this is in fact her, I say welcome back and the triggered snowflakes can just learn to deal.

Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Honestly, what does it matter.

There's a lot of pent-up rage towards Mtngirl here, especially from the likes of folks posting definite misogynist bullishit.

You would think Makers was buttraped with a chainsaw the way he's so predictably triggered by the mere mention of her name.

Seems any person, if designated by the collective as a rare female, who makes a point re: pervasive systemic misogyny, gets thrown in the "Kraken" category and pilloried here by any number of our resident TRG dentists.

It's pretty fucked, actually.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Just an observation here…I was never a mtngirl hater but I distinctly recall her posting in a way that somehow managed to be irritating despite my agreement with her main points. Meanwhile this older & wiser mtngirl had calmly made her points in this thread and shown more fucking empathy & patience in her posts than most of us can muster. So if this is in fact her, I say welcome back and the triggered snowflakes can just learn to deal.
    This is true and I am glad to see she seems to be doing so much better. I sent her some money way back when she was having job and living situation troubles. Later the community came together and helped her out financially. Along the way many tried to help her through tough times. I don’t know what got her banned and did not follow the thread that ended with Bob leaving the forums. She just always seemed so angry with a community that had helped her so much and that’s why I have put her on ignore.

The few women who frequent here make the place much richer and it would be nice to see more. As folks naturally drift away the women are not replaced and we become even more a boys club. Changes to reverse that would be great. I thought the joke tits or get out was a funny inside one for new comers figuring the place out. I will not make that joke again

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Hold on dude. I have a wife and twin teenage daughters. I am well aware of gender inequality, misogyny, SM, and the like…..The issue here is we have in all likely hood a banned poster, posting under an alias, leveling baseless accusations in what is otherwise a contemporaneous, important issue. That’s it. If the Kraken has evidence of gross misogyny posted in this thread, I’m all eyes. If not, then let’s all move on and hope they catch the fucker that killed this young woman. Carry on.
    In general on TRG you come off as a reasonable guy, you are clearly triggered here. You are bullying someone who may or may not be MtnG and yeah, there is plenty of misogyny in this thread. Cool off and come back later.

Salvelinus has done nothing but make reasonable points here, you don't have to agree with her.

Flipping your shit over it is on you.

What we know about the Gabby Petito case? Absolutely fucking nothing...seriously...there is NOTHING....IF they find guy, maybe some answers, if not? You tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    What we know about the Gabby Petito case? Absolutely fucking nothing...seriously...there is NOTHING....IF they find guy, maybe some answers, if not? You tell me?
    Well literally we do know more than NOTHING.
    We know that she is dead by homicide and that she was with him.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

We also know that her murdered body was found very near where her van was seen and somehow her fiancé managed to drive that same van back to Florida, and he’s not talking and is now hiding/missing. Speculation? yes. Extremely suspicious? yes. Has he been named a person of interest? yes. If he wasn’t guilty it seems he would want to help fill in the blanks of lots of questions and help figure out who killed his fiancé, don’t ya think?
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Maybe he’s like Richard Kimble

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

UT/WY Missing Persons Case>WILD

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    We also know that her murdered body was found very near where her van was seen and somehow her fiancé managed to drive that same van back to Florida, and he’s not talking and is now hiding/missing. Speculation? yes. Extremely suspicious? yes. Has he been named a person of interest? yes. If he wasn’t guilty it seems he would want to help fill in the blanks of lots of questions and help figure out who killed his fiancé, don’t ya think?
    You’re right about all of that. One piece of speculation that’s been in the back of my mind since the onset was that she off’d herself, he found her and panicked knowing he was going down for it and bailed. That would also be a possible explanation for why he drove the van home. Especially since both of these people allegedly suffered from anxiety.

Now that more “new shit has come to light” I’d put that chances of that playing out at about 0.0001%. But bottom line is it’s still a possibility and we don’t know shit. Without speaking for him, I think that’s what skidog was talking about.

What concerns me is he seems guilty as fuck but will there be evidence to tie him to the crime

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trust-your-instincts.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	911.5 KB 
ID:	386341
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

She was found buried, right? Someone had to bury her. So if he did that, yeah, guilty of something. Regardless, as last person known to be with her, he needs to tell what he knows or remain suspicious as hell. Maybe he's just looking for her killer, like OJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

I said it earlier in a more snarky way (Nancy Grace comment), but this entire thread and the true crime genre in general is very strange and distasteful to me. It strikes me as profiteering off of someone else’s pain and misery.

On the other hand, if some way you could harness this interest and energy maybe you all could find a few of the missing non-blonde non-white women missing in Wyoming.

When caught, any bets on his lawyer pushing a change in venue to Florida where murders go free all the time??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	636240479878088935-AP-Casey-Anthony.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	460.6 KB 
ID:	386344
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I like how he was named a "person of interest" and how they were SOOO interested they turned around and counted to 30 while letting his parents pack him a little to-go bag and hatch a plan to get him anywhere else.

Does he have a gun? If so this guy is long dead.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    She was found buried, right? Someone had to bury her. So if he did that, yeah, guilty of something. Regardless, as last person known to be with her, he needs to tell what he knows or remain suspicious as hell. Maybe he's just looking for her killer, like OJ.
    I think I saw that there were initial reports of her being buried but that she was not buried and found in a grove of trees.

He killed her. There isn't another solution that doesn't require massive assumptions.

so the conensus is salve etc. = Mntngirl?
    "Can't you see..."