Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2111
    Sorry man.... he looks like he was a good boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

OD looks like a good boy
    Peace to your family

RIP OD

Over the past 26 years, I have been blessed with three
    wonderful, caring, devoted and adventurous Chesapeake Bay Retrievers. Most recently, on June 17, I lost my 12 year old Tucker. I miss him dearly, and he (along with Chelsea RIP 2006, and Schoko RIP 2008) are constantly on my mind. Lately, I have been spend upwards of an hour/day, everyday, going through old pics. of my companions. I am currently 60 years old. While family life is easier w/out a large dog (freedom to travel and socialize, etc.) the void of living without is excruciating, and maybe unrealistic. OTOH, I am concerned that in 10-12 years I will not be able to appropriately care for a new demanding Chessie. I am torn, but will not even consider it for a good 6 mos.
    As to everyone here who has lost their firkins, I feel your pain.
    I will leave you with one of my favorite pics. of Tucker. . He was special
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2642.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	382.6 KB 
ID:	289741
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

It's just a dog.

RIP OD, sorry for your loss JL. RIP Tucker, condolences, schindler
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 07-30-2019 at 02:34 PM.

RIP doggies. Fuck, Tucker hits home, I knew Tucker. Sorry C.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post

Name:	IMG_2642.jpg 
Size:	382.6 KB 
ID:	289741
    RIP Tucker.

Condolences schindler.

RIP O.D. and Tucker

I don't like this thread

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    While family life is easier w/out a large dog (freedom to travel and socialize, etc.) the void of living without is excruciating, and maybe unrealistic.
    FKNA this is the truth.

RIP Tucker.

Ive come here at least 5X to post my renewal of membership in this hated club in the month or so since my Marley went over the bridge. But the tears have kept me from finishing. He was meant to be mine. Got him the spring after we moved to Utah at the SPCA on 4/20. Was my kids dog always by their side. Had the softest ears and loved everyone except for guiney pigs. Always up for adventure even after his body wasnt. At more than one point he has saved my life.

We knew it was time and scheduled the thing. The morning of the thing wife is driving my truck through the neighborhood and my pup Lola jumps out the window to chase the covey of quail running across to road. Broke femur needing plate and screws. When we took her in the vet knew Marley was on the dockey for that afternoon. He hugged us and cried with us and didnt charge for Marley. What a day that was maybe one of the worst goddamned days of my life.

Hey hunny is the roof leaking? I got all this water running down my face....

Name:  FB_IMG_1560618891313.jpeg
Views: 369
Size:  38.6 KBName:  FB_IMG_1560618449233.jpeg
Views: 371
Size:  48.3 KBName:  FB_IMG_1560618552722.jpeg
Views: 408
Size:  27.6 KBName:  FB_IMG_1560618747772.jpeg
Views: 377
Size:  52.8 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190615_101031.jpeg 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	289770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190618_152614.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	289772
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I feel bad for you and your family Fugitive, and I feel bad for Lola too. I know how hard our Cleo has taken it since her companion Isabel died. And Cleo is a jumper too--nothing as bad as that femur but both ACL's torn jumping (the vets call them CCLs) in separate incidents, both had to be repaired.

Lola is pretty much healed up g2g now. The benefits of being 7 in dog years. The absence of Marley in our life is still palpable. Lola got over it pretty well but our middle dog was way freaked out. "Wtf! Both of my buddies left one at a time today and didnt come back! Im not going anywhere with you fukers."
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Marley looks like one the best dogs ever.

Lola too.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

We have all been lucky to have these pups grace our lives.

Vibes to everyone here. I hate seeing this thread resurface every so often.

Man, this thread. Healing vibes headed to all who have gone through this recently and ever.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Vibes for Jacky. Sounds like he had a great life while he was with you. Lucky dog

Vibes to all that lost pups. Dogs are special creatures, never will you find a more honest friend.

Rocky has a subluxing patella tendon and we are looking at getting it repaired soon, but not sure yet. It is still a stage 1 and he will frequently go weeks without it popping out. I think it’s been at least a month currently. Vet said at his size, 60lbs, it is just a matter of time before he wears down the inside of the knee and that the later we wait the more likely he gets arthritis, etc. Surgical consult was more optimistic, said as long as we aren’t running him too hard and it isn’t bothering him we can wait and see. She said it could stay the same for a long time and maybe could even improve as he reaches maturity. At just over a year old, keeping him penned up and non-weight bearing for six weeks sounds incredibly hard. And we have a two month old baby to juggle. Others said don’t worry they will give you sedatives, but keeping him drugged for weeks seems a bad idea too. I’m worried about putting it off and him getting worse and I’m worried about getting it done then him getting injured because he runs, jumps, etc too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Lola is pretty much healed up g2g now. The benefits of being 7 in dog years. The absence of Marley in our life is still palpable. Lola got over it pretty well but our middle dog was way freaked out. "Wtf! Both of my buddies left one at a time today and didnt come back! Im not going anywhere with you fukers."

I laughed --

... Beautiful tribute To Marley and your Family

( looks like a Happy daughter ! )

" the thing " - I may quote you on that --

Thanks... Just thanks...

skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Lafitte.

perfect tribute --

well done. and Thank you...

skiJ
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Lafitte, sorry you’ve lost O.D. sweet looking guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss @Jong Lafitte

RIP O.D.
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Sorry man.... he looks like he was a good boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    OD looks like a good boy
    Peace to your family
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    RIP OD
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    RIP OD, sorry for your loss JL. RIP Tucker, condolences, schindler
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    RIP doggies. Fuck, Tucker hits home, I knew Tucker. Sorry C.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    RIP O.D. and Tucker

I don't like this thread
    Thank you all so very much for your kind thoughts and words. It means so much to me. Thank you.

To those in a similar situation as me, please take care of yourself. I haven't eaten much and have been drinking too much. I've made myself physically ill. Feel like shit right now and that's not what he would have wanted but the pain is so acute, I'm getting through it in whatever way I can.

Thanks again to all, it really does help. Much love !!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

This thread...

Chevy is my first dog. He’s been with me 14 years, through a divorce and a bereavement. He was going for rides until last spring- fortunately we have some good trail photos of him from what turned out to be his last ride. He had his annual checkup last week and the vet sent us home with a quality-of-life checklist. When his time comes, it’s going to level me.

Tough stuff. Enjoy while you can.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Vibes JongL. The only thing that helps me cheer up after losing a dog is spending time around another dog. Don't be afraid to share that love with a foster (doesn't have to be permanent). Take care
    Thanks man. I been hanging with my neighbor's dog, charlie. Its still tough because its so fresh in my mind, and he's still freaked out that his buddy's gone, so I think we both need a couple more days.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    This thread...

Chevy is my first dog. He’s been with me 14 years, through a divorce and a bereavement. He was going for rides until last spring- fortunately we have some good trail photos of him from what turned out to be his last ride. He had his annual checkup last week and the vet sent us home with a quality-of-life checklist. When his time comes, it’s going to level me.

Chevy looks like a good little dude! Please have patience as he gets older. I said and did things out of frustration that I can't take back and wish I could. I accused my dog of not trying hard enough to keep down his food, which was a terrible thing to say, when he had been fighting like hell for a few weeks. Talking with people, its not uncommon to get frustrated like that and do things that you'll regret, so, something to keep in mind. I read a quote that said something like "try to live your life like the man your dog already thinks you are"

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Ive come here at least 5X to post my renewal of membership in this hated club in the month or so since my Marley went over the bridge. But the tears have kept me from finishing. He was meant to be mine. Got him the spring after we moved to Utah at the SPCA on 4/20. Was my kids dog always by their side. Had the softest ears and loved everyone except for guiney pigs. Always up for adventure even after his body wasnt. At more than one point he has saved my life.

We knew it was time and scheduled the thing. The morning of the thing wife is driving my truck through the neighborhood and my pup Lola jumps out the window to chase the covey of quail running across to road. Broke femur needing plate and screws. When we took her in the vet knew Marley was on the dockey for that afternoon. He hugged us and cried with us and didnt charge for Marley. What a day that was maybe one of the worst goddamned days of my life.

Hey hunny is the roof leaking? I got all this water running down my face....

Name:  FB_IMG_1560618891313.jpeg
Views: 369
Size:  38.6 KBName:  FB_IMG_1560618449233.jpeg
Views: 371
Size:  48.3 KBName:  FB_IMG_1560618552722.jpeg
Views: 408
Size:  27.6 KBName:  FB_IMG_1560618747772.jpeg
Views: 377
Size:  52.8 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190615_101031.jpeg 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	289770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190618_152614.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	289772
    RIP Marley. Great pics of him. Vibes.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Know when to say when.
    We signed up for that responsibility when we accepted them into our lives.

Then get another dog to fill the hole in your life.

This thread is always hard to see bubble up. Take care of all yourselves and sorry for the losses

Bailey succumbed this morning. I birthed her myself many years ago.

If you ever hung with her, or skied with her, you knew what a kind badass she was.

Her Mom is a wreck, so if you know her, maybe reach out with some kind words.

And resting out her last days:

Name:	jzwHjMU.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	308.1 KB 
ID:	291897
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 08-20-2019 at 09:42 PM.