Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

NHL Playoffs 2017

Bruins cutting it close but playing well. Big win over the Hawks in Chicago today. 5 wins in a row after 4 losses in a row.

Fired up about the B's right now. Do you have anything to say about your pitiful teams?

Wild limping in, hopefully Buds breaks from tradition this year

Flames are in! Still a rebuilding team and a long shot to win a round, but will test anyone they play.
    Not a fan of the Greasers, but they have the most exciting player in hockey right now and are on a tear.
    Ducks are veteran-laden team in top form.
    Hawks are playoff money.

The west should be fun times this year.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Bruins cutting it close but playing well. Big win over the Hawks in Chicago today. 5 wins in a row after 4 losses in a row.

Fired up about the B's right now. Do you have anything to say about your pitiful teams?
    That my Wings were pitiful? Or perhaps whatever is just a little worse than that?

I'm sure they'll contend again, but there will never be a 25 year playoff streak again post hard-cap. Fun while it lasted. Caps have always been my #2 team, we'll see how that works out. Hopefully they don't win the president's cup...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Yeah my son loves the Caps, that's obviously a good team and I kinda like them. Fuck 'em though, let's go B's.

Not looking the best lately but the 'Hawks are my favorite to win it all. The core has crazy skill and experience, 6 D-men with rings, clutch goalie, and the youngsters have played really well all season. The Ducks and Caps are scary but both have a habit of shitting the bed in the playoffs.

Here's to Blue Jackets whooping the Penguins! Take care of the Caps kryptonite for them. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Caps have always been my #2 team, we'll see how that works out. Hopefully they don't win the president's cup...
    D'oh!

Big game tonight for the B's.. would be nice to win the division and get a home advantage in the 1st round (and not play the Habs)

also on tonight: frozen four! Fuck yeah

Marchand's hearing is today. Sure would rather lose him for these last two games than the playoffs.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    sure would suck to see his cheap shot name engraved
    just gonna leave this here for you

and wear a different hawks lord stanleys cup champ hat every day on the river
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I don't think he thought it was gonna turn out anything like it did but it was stupid and he does deserve punishment, and he knows it too.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    sure would suck to see his cheap shot name engraved
    just gonna leave this here for you

and wear a different hawks lord stanleys cup champ hat every day on the river
    Lets hear this early and often for the playoffs! Gooooo Blackhawks!

Quote Originally Posted by blender View Post
    Flames are in! Still a rebuilding team and a long shot to win a round, but will test anyone they play.
    Not a fan of the Greasers, but they have the most exciting player in hockey right now and are on a tear.
    Ducks are veteran-laden team in top form.
    Hawks are playoff money.

The west should be fun times this year.
    OK, this will likely be the kiss of death for my beloved flickers.... but fuck it -

GO FLAMES!!!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Marchand's hearing is today. Sure would rather lose him for these last two games than the playoffs.
    Verdict in: 2 game suspenesion

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    D'oh!

Big game tonight for the B's.. would be nice to win the division and get a home advantage in the 1st round (and not play the Habs)
    rangers habs first round... fuck

Yeah I figured that would be what happened. I hadn't seen the video of Crosby's spear that wasn't even a penalty, wtf? Seemed more deliberate than Mrchand's to me. I'm a homer but still.

"Sid, you're in trouble."

But no.

Yeah I figured that would be what happened. I hadn't seen the video of Crosby's spear that wasn't even a penalty, wtf? Seemed more deliberate than Mrchand's to me. I'm a homer but still.
    That taint no spear. That's a friendly nut tap. If these guys weren't hockey players and say maybe soccer players, that guy would still be lying on the ice or stretchered off. The amount of slashing and stick work that goes on in hockey is crazy but everyone plays through it. It's alot better now than 10+ years ago. That and players are even more skilled at hiding their dirt.

One of these years will be the Blues' - no reason this couldn't finally be their time. Seems like the script of scrappy team from nowhere works as well or better than the President's Trophy path...
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sizzler View Post
    That taint no spear.
    I agree but a spear is what they called on Marchand and they're pretty similar if you watch both.

(nice to see your name Karl Stall, hope life's good. But the Blues can suck it.)

here we go Hahvahd here we go

(sorry, we got no NCAA hockey thread)

Wild coming out of their rut finally. Two meaningless games left. Can't make too much of the outcomes. Wild / Blues matchup is intriguing. Yeo back coaching the Blues. Some irony in the making...I hope not. Stop Terensenko. The Wild killer. Just secured my Wild tickets for the playoffs. Hockey in late May would be nice this year.

Damn, heartbreaking loss for Harvard. Go-ahead goal by Minn-Duluth with 26 seconds left in the 3rd, then 3 solid bids - with the goalie pulled - including a post with 3 seconds left for Harvard. Ugh

ND-Denver up next

That was a good finish. Crossbar. So close. Rooting for the all old WCHA final.

the Devils will be good again one day

Then the next day they'll suck again.