Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Today was off the chain! Balls deep

'There is no doubt that today was the best day of the season so far. EPIC!'

Ski like there is no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Today was off the chain! Balls deep
    Balls deep on a NBA player, tits deep on a Japanese girl.

Mid Mtn, Spankys, Peak, even Stephans/McKonkeys/Love Canal at 245 was ridiculous. Seemed like everybody left at 1 to prepare for tomorrows impending doom. Free afternoon refills.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Today fucking ruled.

Khyber was tits deep too of course. Things are coming together nicely now, hopefully there will more snow to the valley to fill things in a bit more

Stayed off Whistler as I walked past the Fresh Tracks line this morning and just about dropped my sh*t. Headed for early chair on Wizard instead and was rewarded. 7th was so good all morning, was devestated when I had to head into work for the afternoon.. spanky's was calling my name for sure.

Sorry to come up north and slay your pow, but that was just too damn fun. Even Christmas trees was waist deep at 3pm without even traversing very far. FKNA great day, gunbarrel cliffs/pillows are filling in very nicely too.

Quote Originally Posted by PeakChair View Post
    there is no doubt that today was the best day of the season so far. EPIC!
    Word. Unreal!!

While I'm sure today was nowhere close to as crazy as yesterday, it was still pretty awesome! Blackcomb skied great!! Trees and Lakeside bowl were boot deep in the morning and every run on Chainsaw ridge was pretty deep (some nasty looking cornices though).
    Grey zone was fun too...

yep. Full on refresh day after the best day ever... wtf? Not even crowded. Was going for the tripple crown (1st in Husume, Corona and Poop chute), but alpine lift ops were delayed too long in the am, so had to settle for the double crown on Husume and Corona instead. 2 days worth of storm snow had consolodated a bit, but it was still waist deep face shots all the way down. Corona had significantly more wind loading and it might be wise to mind your p's and q's in there. We set off a pretty big slide on the apron below the chute on Don't Swill, but our fearless leader knew the trigger point was right next to safe zone, so no worries. It was pretty cool to watch an old pro take care of business like it was no big deal and I'm stoked to really know how to ski that slope in deep conditions.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

A day late. Dammit. What's tomorrow going to be like? Anyone want to show around a couple foreigners with fat skis this week?

Yeah today was weird, plenty to be had but no one around..? I thought the world must have ended while I was up on the mountain!

Quote Originally Posted by 50degrees View Post
    While I'm sure today was nowhere close to as crazy as yesterday, it was still pretty awesome! Blackcomb skied great!! Trees and Lakeside bowl were boot deep in the morning and every run on Chainsaw ridge was pretty deep (some nasty looking cornices though).
    Grey zone was fun too...
    The cornices need to be a wee bit bigger to be a truly effective squirrel catcher.. haha.

It sure was lonely out there - kept banging out laps and usually you get rest in the lineups but no rest so my legs were done by mid-day. Got to get into better inbounds shape

Trapped in with a case of the flu.. need to shake it quick and get back out there! Expect this weekend will be rather crazy...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using TGR Forums

Heading over to the whistler side for the first time since the alpine opened, how's the coverage on those oh-so-coverage dependent lines off peak chair? Things like the ramp to cirque filled in?

Skied peak a bunch before work this morning, straight on the to chair for the most part. Entrance to cirque is rocky but do-able

Did the Coffin last weekend last weekend. It's nicely filled in but had about a 10' mandatory into it. The Cirque was good to go with a touch of chocolate chips on the way in.

Things of course may be more filled in a week later.

Webcams looked like visibility was bad today. Was there snow during the day or just lots of fog?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Webcams looked like visibility was bad today. Was there snow during the day or just lots of fog?
    Started snowing today around 1pm-ish on Blackcomb side. Thick flakes at times, maybe a cm to two. Not snowing in the village anymore. FWIW Glacier had practically zero line all day.
    http://WhereShouldISki.com - free weather data-driven recommendations for skiing

Lots of great snow in the chutes heading into West bowl. Symphony finally cracked around 11-something and there were some deep lines to be had before the crowds showed.
    Visibility went to shit around 1ish. Was still snowing when we left around 2 so tomorrow should be nice.
    Legs need a break after all of the deep snow the past couple of days :-)

Hey all, I'm in Vancouver visiting the in laws for the holidays and wouldn't mind getting in a ski day in at whistler while I'm here. If anyone needs a partner on the 27th, PM me. Just got new obsethed's that I wanna try out.

What a great day today. Fresh lines all day and barely waited more than 5 minutes for a chair..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using TGR Forums

Touring at Whistler 12/24

Been in town for a few days. Yesterday was pretty awesome. Today the wife and I went touring in search of fresh. Light winds made for a pretty pleasant day and the snow was soft and deep. The sun even peeked out until early afternoon.

Spouse and I toured over to Oboe and we were not disappointed

A number of tracks on Flute

Oboe was pretty fresh all day

By 1:30pm-ish the Sun had gone away

Kind of comical, hucked a small dropoff from Oboe going back down to Singing Pass, ski popped off and had to spend 20 min trying to climb back up the slope to find it, shovel made for a good "probe" trying to find the ski. Thinking I need to up my DIN!

Merry Christmas!
    http://WhereShouldISki.com - free weather data-driven recommendations for skiing

waited at teh Horstman hut until they kicked us out and scored a couple of last run bangers with my new camera today...

Max lighting up the alpen glow pow

just makes you want to go ski 7th Heaven

nice and deep

another sunset pow session comes to an end

but Max has his Lhasa pow's workin the christmas eve late shift with Santa

Last edited by powder11; 12-25-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

It just doesn't get any better...