Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boise to SeaTac

Boise to SeaTac

the week of Labor Day. Spending nights 4 and 5 in Walla Walla, with 2 to be determined nights before flying out of SeaTac. If anyone has any recommendations for fishing or anything else cool to do or places to stay between Walla Walla and SeaTac (or in or around Walla Walla for that matter--no real agenda there either other than eat and drink), let me know. It's not really a fishing trip, but as my wife can confirm, most of my trips are fishing trips, unless they are skiing trips.

Paging KQ

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Your last night (or more) could be in a cabin at Greenwater WA on the white river at entrance to Mt Rainier NP and Crystal Mt (gondola open) 1 hr 10 minutes to Seatac You'd probably be drivng past on SR410 anyway

Shoot me a PM if interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    the week of Labor Day. Spending nights 4 and 5 in Walla Walla, with 2 to be determined nights before flying out of SeaTac. If anyone has any recommendations for fishing or anything else cool to do or places to stay between Walla Walla and SeaTac (or in or around Walla Walla for that matter--no real agenda there either other than eat and drink), let me know. It's not really a fishing trip, but as my wife can confirm, most of my trips are fishing trips, unless they are skiing trips.
    yakima r is on your traverse west to SEATAC; gorge section is good...may have to dodge some party floats, but may be easiest side trip...

upper walla walla r is a short jaunt into OR out of WW, or touchet r is not far
    https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/...216025705.html

better fishing on the wallowa r in OR, but more of a dedicated effort side trip...or grand ronde r, for that matter

Boise to SeaTac

I’ve done that drive prolly 300 times. Get cookies here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1332.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	791.4 KB 
ID:	291902
    3 places to eat in WW: Brasserie Four, Saffron, maybe TMACS, but only on Monday because the other places are closed. The rest are all just food.
    Oh and just fish the Owyhee, and forget the rest.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

If you have time I'd get dinner with you two in Seattle or nearby. But that's a low priority, enjoy the fishing

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    If you have time I'd get dinner with you two in Seattle or nearby. But that's a low priority, enjoy the fishing
    Abraham, thanks but we fly out of Seattle on Saturday at 11:30, and don't plan to stay in or near Seattle Friday night. The offer stands in reverse if you come this way.

And the Owyhee looks great, but we are driving straight from Boise to a place that has an 8 mile hike in on Sunday, so I don't think I'm going to be able to fit that into this trip either. Maybe some other time...

Do you want to visit a winery?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Do you want to visit a winery?
    yes. My wife has done some research along those lines, but we would appreciate any suggestions.

Bacon & Eggs for breakfast.

Andrae's for lunch.

Walla Walla Indian Cuisine. yes, that is the actual name of the fucking place. AMAZING.

KQ needs to chime in here as she is the resident expert

If you pass through Prosser, save enough time to:

1)Wine taste. There a bunch of tasting rooms right off exit 80 that will likely have things out special for labor day.

2)Chukar cherries are made here. If you've never had them, try them. If you have, stop in anyways because the product selection is crazy in the factory store.

3)Taste of heaven cookies. Mentioned earlier, they are good, and made by an old family friend. Super tasty.

4)If you have time, cruise south on hwy221 to the viewpoint on the hill. Nice overlook of the lower Yakima valley. Only takes 5 minutes to get up there.

Also, another vote for the Yakima River canyon. Even if you just drive it. It's a great spot.

Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    yakima r is on your traverse west to SEATAC; gorge section is good...may have to dodge some party floats, but may be easiest side trip...

upper walla walla r is a short jaunt into OR out of WW, or touchet r is not far
    https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/...216025705.html

better fishing on the wallowa r in OR, but more of a dedicated effort side trip...or grand ronde r, for that matter

Sounds about right - AC's got the goods for you on the good fishing spots. Here is an additional resource:

Outside Walla Walla

I’ve done that drive prolly 300 times. Get cookies here:

3 places to eat in WW: Brasserie Four, Saffron, maybe TMACS, but only on Monday because the other places are closed. The rest are all just food.
    Oh and just fish the Owyhee, and forget the rest.
    Saffron is now open 7 day a week, serves lunch and in a new location

TMACS just opened a brand new expanded space.

Brasserie is closed on Sunday & Monday

Hattaways is a new restaurant that is good.

Whitehouse Crawford is another good place. Closed on Tuesdays.

Walla Walla Steak House/Crossbuck Brewery is new and worth trying. Open 7 days a week.

Also, Public House - closed Sunday/Monday

For quick bites/lunch/breakfast there is Olive Market Place, Walla Walla Bread Co., and Graze (great panini, salads, sammys)

If you like French pasteries and gelato try the Colville St. Patisserie

Ton of other places to eat from Japanese steak houses to great Mexican to Sushi and Indian food. Plus we have a first class, voted best in the state chocolate shop on Main Street called Brights.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Bacon & Eggs for breakfast.

Andrae's for lunch.

Walla Walla Indian Cuisine. yes, that is the actual name of the fucking place. AMAZING.

KQ needs to chime in here as she is the resident expert
    MK has it right!

Bacon & Eggs is closed on Wednesdays and only open until 2pm every other day. Serves Breakfast and lunch.

Andrae's Kitchen is great - located in a gas station you'd never guess the goods that hide there.

Yes to Walla Walla Indian Cuisine on Main Street. I have Indian friends who eat there to the exclusion of other places whenever they are in town.

Lots of places with outdoor seating which is nice for people watching. Oft and I sat outside under cover at Olive during a wind and rain storm last night. It was quite pleasant.

Does that help?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Also, another vote for the Yakima River canyon. Even if you just drive it. It's a great spot.
    Here's the info on WA St route 821 through the Yakima River Canyon. Def. worth taking. Largest concentration of raptors in the state.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

great--thanks for all the info. Tuesday night and Wednesday night are in Walla Walla, so sounds like we can work around most of the weekly closures.

Still undecided on what to do/where to stay after Walla Walla...

great--thanks for all the info. Tuesday night and Wednesday night are in Walla Walla, so sounds like we can work around most of the weekly closures.

Still undecided on what to do/where to stay after Walla Walla...
    Is it just you and your wife? Kids? What do you want to do? What kind of accommodations are you looking for? I can certainly help with all of that if you'd like.

Just the wife and me. activities: fishing/hiking/drinking/dining. regarding accommodations, my wife likes really nice - or at least bright and clean - bonus for being on or near a body of water.

You want nice... we got nice:

Eritage Resort

You want in town so you can wander around we've got historic nice:

The Marcus Whitman Hotel

and we've got everything inbetween.

For outdoor activities you might consider a drive to the state waterfall:

Palouse Falls

or for a closer quick get-out-and-hike:

Bennington Lake

You could also stay at a farm converted to a winery:

Abeja
    Last edited by KQ; 08-23-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Or just do like I do and stay at the Hampton to get Hilton points.

Or just do like I do and stay at the Hampton to get Hilton points.
    I still can't believe you were here and didn't say anything. I'm hurt I tell you, HURT!

Actually I took 221 through Paterson. 84 out of Pendleton is so fun, and I had a meeting.

Thanks KQ. Look like a lot of interesting options in Walla Walla. We have a cool looking, well located airbnb for our 2 nights there. Homing in on general Yakima area for stop number 2 because it is on the way to SeaTac, shortens the drive to the airport Saturday morning and has some appealing fishing options between the Yakima canyon and the Naches, but looks like slimmer pickings up that way on hotels and "interesting-ness" in general. That might be our Hilton stop although I'll check airbnb too.

Anyone have dining or accommodation recommendations in or around Yakima?

Actually I took 221 through Paterson. 84 out of Pendleton is so fun, and I had a meeting.
    Next time don't be so shy! You can ask Oft - I don't bite and I've got great peaches.

Thanks KQ. Look like a lot of interesting options in Walla Walla. We have a cool looking, well located airbnb for our 2 nights there. Homing in on general Yakima area for stop number 2 because it is on the way to SeaTac, shortens the drive to the airport Saturday morning and has some appealing fishing options between the Yakima canyon and the Naches, but looks like slimmer pickings up that way on hotels and "interesting-ness" in general. That might be our Hilton stop although I'll check airbnb too.

Anyone have dining or accommodation recommendations in or around Yakima?

Great! Sounds like you're all set. Is the Airbnb close to DT? Nice walking around there. Some beautiful historic homes and buildings. You can pick up a walking tour guide at the kiosk next to Starbucks on 1st and Main.

Drop me a line if you've got some time and want to meet up for a beer or wine or whatever! Enjoy your time in beautiful W2!

Only thing I know about Yaki-vegas is the fantastic Ummelina's Day Spa and Miner's Drive-in in Union Gap.

Do some research on the Naches and the Tieton, it’s basically fish off the road kind of stuff. Try and find a spot that is away from the road and try to hit the evening hatch. Stop at Red’s fly shop in the canyon or at least check online for the Yakima. I usually cross the walking bridge and fish up or down from there using the railroad tracks. Yakima is changing slowly, but I usually still eat at two restaurants there: Gasperetti’s for old-school Italian or Ozeki for Japanese.

Do some research on the Naches and the Tieton, it’s basically fish off the road kind of stuff. Try and find a spot that is away from the road and try to hit the evening hatch. Stop at Red’s fly shop in the canyon or at least check online for the Yakima. I usually cross the walking bridge and fish up or down from there using the railroad tracks. Yakima is changing slowly, but I usually still eat at two restaurants there: Gasperetti’s for old-school Italian or Ozeki for Japanese.
    Plugboots: I noticed this morning that Red's even rents rafts/drift boats. I mentioned "rent a raft, row you around the canyon and I can even a fish a bit" to the wife and she showed some interest, so maybe that for Friday with a Thursday afternoon drive up to check out the Naches for a few hours.

KQ: yes, we the airbnb is in downtown WW. Definitely up for a beer or glass of wine. We will be there Tuesday/Wednesday evenings. I'll pm cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Next time don't be so shy! You can ask Oft - I don't bite and I've got great peaches.
    Boy-howdy does KQ ever have great peaches! And she certainly didn't bite me, but YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.