Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    You're mine toast. I hope you're ready to give up that #1 spot in the DH league...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBison View Post
    You're mine toast. I hope you're ready to give up that #1 spot in the DH league...
    Not a chance.

Are you Kirkland? You had a couple good rounds recently. Almost made up for all your terrible teams earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Not a chance.

Are you Kirkland? You had a couple good rounds recently. Almost made up for all your terrible teams earlier in the season.
    Correct, that is I.

We had a rough start at the beginning of the season with some of the talent.... But, they're coming around and are doing well enough to be a slight 148 points off you. Smart move adding the goat for world champs...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBison View Post
    Correct, that is I.

We had a rough start at the beginning of the season with some of the talent.... But, they're coming around and are doing well enough to be a slight 148 points off you. Smart move adding the goat for world champs...
    There's a healthy battle for tgr 2nd place too. 3 people within 15 points. I think it's gonna come down to snowshoe.

But yeah, the old timers always seem to do a little better at mt st. Anne. Figured the goat's a good bet.

My top mens enduro pick is out. Sucks , would have been cool to see Eddy high in the overall in enduro and dh. Hes always had the speed, just untimely crashes

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Yeah, I had Eddie too. Still have Maes though

Top guys were so pricey. I couldnt bring myself to pay for Sam or Richie despite being their conditions or Maes as its always his conditions. Cody is about my only hope in the men. I may have Miguel. I think i take the ez out and pick the top girls, isabeau and noga. I should have kept walker. Bernard better get pissed and start crossing the line on the next dh's and pull his weight

Holy shit! What a race. Lead change after lead change
    Impressive riding from the girls too

Champs is here!I’m like a giddy school girl.
    Headed up to Snowshoe next weekend for finals day too. Planning for a shit show, but stoke to see my first WC.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Snowshoe should be awesome. Be there for the parties after the races. If you can keep up with the youngsters that is. Wanted to go but the logistics coming from CO is too painful for this old man.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Champs is here!I’m like a giddy school girl.
    Headed up to Snowshoe next weekend for finals day too. Planning for a shit show, but stoke to see my first WC.

I'll be on the mountain Friday-Monday morning and I can't wait! Leaving UT Sunday morning with dogs and bikes.

Make sure you bring lots of beer and food. There ain't much around the mountain.

So, do I need a gold package to watch in the US?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Looks like it will be on redbull.tv like the world cups. Also possibly the uci youtube channel

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/events...pionships-2019

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Looks like it will be on redbull.tv like the world cups. Also possibly the uci youtube channel

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/events...pionships-2019
    Not if you're in the US - it's geo blocked. Looks like Redbull.TV will work in Canada though.

In the US, apparently NBC has the rights, in which case yeah, looks like you need a gold package. Seems like it'd be cheaper to use some sort of proxy server and just watch via redbull.

Holy shit theyre flying. In the timed section some are hitting 50mph and theyre faster on the lower fast section. No brakes they must be hitting 60. Wheres the speed dealer?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

If they had a $60/year sub for snow and bike I’d pay... but man that gets expensive. Especially for someone like me that’d watch this and maybe one other bike thing and a handful of the snow coverage

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Who knows how to use a proxy/VPN? So dumb you can't watch world champs in the US.

I've heard good things about the Opera browser's built in VPN.
    Be careful with those things though. Its easy to listen to all your traffic being sent by someone unscrupulous.

This is the first I’ve heard of World Champs not streaming in the US. What’s the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    This is the first I’ve heard of World Champs not streaming in the US. What’s the deal?

It's like this most years. Redbull bought the rights to the world cup series, but the rights to broadcast worlds are sold separately. For most of the planet, redbull also owns those rights, so watching it is the same as any other race. But in the u.s. (and a few other countries), the rights are sold to someone other than redbull. In the u.s., its NBC, and unlike redbull, they don't stream things for free. So you either have to pay for NBC's coverage, or you have to spoof your location through a vpn that shows your location as being in one of the countries that can watch on redbull.

I’m confused because I’ve never had trouble watching it in the past. Is it only the Live Stream that’s blocked? I usually watch it after the fact anyway.

You've been able to watch world cup races, this is world championships.

You can watch it without nbc sports gold if you have cable and get the olympic channel using your service provider login. Or someone else's.

Yea, no.
    This isn’t my first year of Downhill spectatorship.

Oh yeah, pretty sure I did watch worlds on redbull last year.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Oh yeah, pretty sure I did watch worlds on redbull last year.
    Same. Maybe Redbull had the rights last year, but NBC outbid them this year or something?