Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2771
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Looks like Dallas is going to sign Horford. I think they were just ready to offer more year sand money than Ainge would even consider.
    Source? I have seen them mentioned as a possible landing spot, but these guys aren't even allowed to talk to other teams at this point, right? Not until July 1, IIRC.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Source? I have seen them mentioned as a possible landing spot, but these guys aren't even allowed to talk to other teams at this point, right? Not until July 1, IIRC.
    They bumped it up to June 30, 6pm this year so the headlines aren't all at midnight. But yeah, it's all just rumors right now. I read earlier today he was actually heading to Brooklyn, so who knows.

Other Boston rumor I heard is that Capela is looking at going there, and possible D-Lo since the rumor seems to be the Nets won't want him if they get Kyrie.

But really, is any of the Rockets shit real? CP3 denied it and so did the GM but social media seems to still be running with it. Rumor is also that they're trying to sign Jimmy Butler despite their cap space issues.

Going to be a really interesting evening/afternoon in a couple weeks.
    It sucks to suck.

Maybe the Celtics can surround Horford like the Clippers did to DeAndre Jordan to dissuade him from going to Dallas

killing me..7/1 cant come soon enough...fingers crossed butler stays with 76ers.

Yeah Butler doesn't seem to want to go anywhere in particular, just testing the waters. I would hate for him to go to the Lakers.

Also, RIP r/NBAstreams. You will be dearly missed.
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    Yeah Butler doesn't seem to want to go anywhere in particular, just testing the waters. I would hate for him to go to the Lakers.

Also, RIP r/NBAstreams. You will be dearly missed.
    I just heard about the death of NBAstreams. Don't know how I am going to watch the playoffs next year.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It’ll be back. Apparently the same thing happened to the NCAA streams for a minute last year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

But really, is any of the Rockets shit real? CP3 denied it and so did the GM but social media seems to still be running with it. Rumor is also that they're trying to sign Jimmy Butler despite their cap space issues.
    You think Chris Paul is going to come out and admit he is a locker room cancer? And the GM isn't going to say anything, he either has to trade him or play him again next year. Neither one of those 2 things will be helped by bad mouthing him publicly. Did I mention that CP3 is my least favorite NBA player?
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I used to think Danny Ainge was a genius. That he was patiently building something that was bigger than the sum of it's parts. I get that Horford is getting 'old'. However, fuck that. It is becoming clear that Ainge has no clue and no real plan. He's betting with other people's money. And the gamble blew up when Hayward got injured. 2018 was supposed to set the stage for 2019. That's over and done with. And there is no plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I used to think Danny Ainge was a genius. That he was patiently building something that was bigger than the sum of it's parts. I get that Horford is getting 'old'. However, fuck that. It is becoming clear that Ainge has no clue and no real plan. He's betting with other people's money. And the gamble blew up when Hayward got injured. 2018 was supposed to set the stage for 2019. That's over and done with. And there is no plan B.
    100% disagree. I have no idea whether Ainge is a genius or not, but he is a good GM. Basketball is as much about luck as it is about being a mastermind. Ainge did all those things you say, but shit happens. Nobody expected Hayward's injury, and nobody expected that this year's team would be so much less than the sum of its parts. And while I love Al, based on what is being reported it's precisely because Ainge does have a clue that we're not signing him. If he is indeed asking 4/100 (the rumored amount), Ainge is absolutely right to not go that high/long. And there is a plan B. Without knowing more, we have a starting 5 of Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Baynes. That's a playoff team right there, and if Hayward is back to 100%, and Tatum and Brown make a leap when given more opportunity, that is a dangerous playoff team. Maybe not a title contender yet, but... Add in that they have about a max level player in cap room now, and they look like a pretty good plan B.

100% disagree. I have no idea whether Ainge is a genius or not, but he is a good GM. Basketball is as much about luck as it is about being a mastermind. Ainge did all those things you say, but shit happens. Nobody expected Hayward's injury, and nobody expected that this year's team would be so much less than the sum of its parts. And while I love Al, based on what is being reported it's precisely because Ainge does have a clue that we're not signing him. If he is indeed asking 4/100 (the rumored amount), Ainge is absolutely right to not go that high/long. And there is a plan B. Without knowing more, we have a starting 5 of Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Baynes. That's a playoff team right there, and if Hayward is back to 100%, and Tatum and Brown make a leap when given more opportunity, that is a dangerous playoff team. Maybe not a title contender yet, but... Add in that they have about a max level player in cap room now, and they look like a pretty good plan B.
    Heh. Always good to get a sober take. I am crossing my fingers they don't do something dumb and then we don't even have those 5... I'll go with your take unless more information comes to light, man. Still stings that Al is going. I talk crazy shit when I am upset.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    You think Chris Paul is going to come out and admit he is a locker room cancer? And the GM isn't going to say anything, he either has to trade him or play him again next year. Neither one of those 2 things will be helped by bad mouthing him publicly. Did I mention that CP3 is my least favorite NBA player?
    Exactly. And let’s be honest, given Paul’s history, there’s nothing in that story that sounds one bit surprising. I think it’s funny that they might be criticizing each other for the exact same reasons a lot of fans don’t like either of them, and yet are oblivious on their own end. If true, which I suspect it is.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Exactly. And let’s be honest, given Paul’s history, there’s nothing in that story that sounds one bit surprising. I think it’s funny that they might be criticizing each other for the exact same reasons a lot of fans don’t like either of them, and yet are oblivious on their own end. If true, which I suspect it is.
    True true, just a bizarre series of events. I also feel like it has to be almost impossible to trade Chris Paul right now.

I think full judgment on Danny Ainge can't really get passed until next season. Best case scenario is they sign someone like D Lo or Capela or even both, everything is fine and he looks good. Worst case is they don't sign anyone new, Hayward doesn't return to form, Brown and Tatum don't make leaps, they miss the playoffs and he gets fired.

Pacers are boringly quiet so far, although rumors are they might try to trade up to the #4 pick.

June 30th 3pm local time can't come quick enough.
    It sucks to suck.

I think full judgment on Danny Ainge can't really get passed until next season. Best case scenario is they sign someone like D Lo or Capela or even both, everything is fine and he looks good. Worst case is they don't sign anyone new, Hayward doesn't return to form, Brown and Tatum don't make leaps, they miss the playoffs and he gets fired.
    Capela would be through trade, he's not a FA. And no way do I want them to sign Russell, the last thing they need after this year is a ball dominant shoot first PG.

Your worst case is the worst case, for sure. Except I don't see Ainge being fired if that happens (but maybe he resigns).

FYI re Dubs and Disabled Player Exemption.

Short version: doesn’t look likely they’ll get one but they’d probably be willing to try for the right player.

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...ayer-exception

Who would be worth paying $9M plus all the repeater taxes? Dunno who they could get who’d be worth it.

Capela would be through trade, he's not a FA. And no way do I want them to sign Russell, the last thing they need after this year is a ball dominant shoot first PG.

Your worst case is the worst case, for sure. Except I don't see Ainge being fired if that happens (but maybe he resigns).
    Yeah, no opinions on how well those two would fit but they're the two rumors I've heard.
    It sucks to suck.

True true, just a bizarre series of events. I also feel like it has to be almost impossible to trade Chris Paul right now.

Pacers are boringly quiet so far, although rumors are they might try to trade up to the #4 pick.

June 30th 3pm local time can't come quick enough.
    What’s happening with D Collison?

OKC looking to downsize?

“According to Jake Fischer of Sports Illustrated, Steven Adams, Dennis Schroder and Andre Roberson are all on the market, while the team could sweeten any deal by trading away the No. 21 overall pick in Thursday's NBA draft”

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Who would be worth paying $9M plus all the repeater taxes? Dunno who they could get who’d be worth it.
    Yeah, no reason to waste the money, and I rarely say that about super duper rich people who can afford it. They aren't going to add anyone that would likely allow them to compete for another title, so might as well save up for some of those monster luxury tax payments down the road. Maybe a bitter pill to swallow for Lacob with the new arena opening, but as previously mentioned Steph can still put on a show and if he puts himself in the MVP conversation that will be plenty of fun to watch and worth the price of admission. Plus, as Warriors fans, there were many, many years where we would have killed for even something like that.

CPDB to Minny for Wiggins. Maybe some other parts to make it work. See how he like northern winters.
    No offense Minny...on sending cancer boy there, not the weather. You own that shit.

....and i thought last year was an exciting off season....draft tonight too!

I'm not completely convinced Horford is actually leaving Boston. I think Ainge lowballed him. I think there is a decent chance talks resume after the draft and when some of the top free agents sign their deals.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Jalen Rose picked Denver.
    It's strange he's picking them based almost entirely on MPJ playing up to his potential. MPJ is just such a huge unknown at this point, but maybe Jalen has some inside info on his development or something

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post

hmmm. the local radio stations are not down with all the cp3/harden fire. all the rumors of cp3 saying him or me, getting in hardens space practicing; has all been debunked.

you'd think they'd be running with it if any was true as it fills the local ratings.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !