Page 77 of 465 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 11614
    WB and Down is fucking weird in Idaho springs, way too fancy. But decent beer and food. Mtn Buzz is good, stfu is probably an asshole cause the staff has always been nice to me. Lucha (in red ram's old space) is my new go to, but I wish the bar downstairs was still in regular use. Such a cool space.

I think this thread drift deserves it's own thread. I compiled the comments to date and posted them over here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...26#post4643426

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

So i dove on I-70 yesterday morning, through blowing snow. Was a shit show. Left denver at 6:15 to head back to basalt. So is traffic always like that? Plus, there was a line of traffic over a mile long for the main vail exit.
    In addition, with 4-6 new and 30 pph, i saw plenty of trucks not chained up. I couldn't believe it. On the approach to the tunnel and down to SIlverthorne.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    So i dove on I-70 yesterday morning, through blowing snow. Was a shit show. Left denver at 6:15 to head back to basalt. So is traffic always like that? Plus, there was a line of traffic over a mile long for the main vail exit.
    In addition, with 4-6 new and 30 pph, i saw plenty of trucks not chained up. I couldn't believe it. On the approach to the tunnel and down to SIlverthorne.
    Shit show? I drove up at that time yesterday and there was a good deal of traffic and moved slowly past Georgetown due to blowing/falling snow + lots of traffic. That's what happens when its a weekend, pow day in the front range. It wasn't bad by I70 standards.

Vail is its own special fuckiness. That's why I get off before the tunnel.

Yesterday, I left @ 5:30am and reached the tunnel about 6:30am in a complete blinding white out. I knew the tunnel was just a couple hundred feet away but I couldn't see a thing. Nothing in front or the sides or behind. Scary as fuck. I was doing about 50 and was afraid I would plow into something. I eased on the brake and hoped like hell anyone behind would see my lights and not nail me. Half way down to Silverthorne, CDOT & state patrol were holding traffic @ 20mph. After the exit, I next hit CDOT plowing from Frisco to Vail Pass slowing everyone down. Between the weather & the slowdowns, it's no wonder traffic was crawling with long lines. If I left 5min earlier, I would have missed all those slow downs. I planned for 2 hrs to Vail and used every bit of it (normally less than 1.5hr). Not bad considering.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    6:15 is a bad time to leave, especially with snow on the road. Should have bumped that up by an hour.

new toll lane opened yesterday for the MLK commute back from the tunnel at 3:20 PM, home at I70 and Golden at 4:25......this with the 4USD toll and massive traffic......good job CDOT....
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Complete utter shitshow right now:

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/1008/web/?rl=rr
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I'm really looking forward to driving down at 5pm this Sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What happened?
    Snow happened, despite all the butthurtz.

Oh, and this current little gem, "There is a black pickup going westbound on the eastbound lanes."

It will get warm.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Friend texted this morning...hadn't even made it to Idaho Springs after 2 hrs from Denver, bc of 4 accidents on dry roads. Hoards were giving up and turning around.

When I hit a wall of traffic at c470 at 615, I said "nope". Monday looks better anyway

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

60° in Denver and still massive traffic. Thought people would stay down...hiking was a lot more fun today for sure.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 01-23-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Sounds like my choice of playing bags and day drinking at Cheesman Park paid off. Broke 60 today, wish I would've gone golfing but no complaints.

absolutly brutal, I like to make fun of the front ranger stuck in traffic, but I'm starting to feel for em, thats a shit ton of work, traffic was pretty much backed up from gennesse to empire, at 9 when I passed the bottom of floyd hill at 80 headed east, I figured those people sitting there would be lucky to be on a lift at 12:30. You gotta hand it to them for doing it. Equally fucked from dillon to the tunnel for the ride home can you say parking lot of epic proportions

stopped at the store on the way home, looked at some Dad standing there with his family, prolly doesn't ski much, but had all his gear on at 7pm still, his pass hanging from his neck and the guy was just worked, you could see it all over his face, he had to work hard to get that family up here to ski for the day and was prolly killing time waiting out traffic to go home.............

I salute you front range weekend warrior, you bust ass like a champ for it

Traffic sucked from the hog backs to the 40 turn off. The backup on 6th ave to get on 70 was 2miles long this morning

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    The backup on 6th ave to get on 70 was 2miles long this morning
    Seriously?! What time? What the fuck was the rush/going on up there this weekend?? You guys are making it sound worse than any 12" weekend powder day with weather.
    Glad I took a break and enjoyed the midwinter spring down here.

left the tunnel at 4, home at 520. express is awesome. made up for the 2 hours up.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Leave really early. Eat breakfast at the Mtn or nearby. Get first chair. Ski hard non-stop and pull out of the lot by 1:30 at the latest assuming you are not at a Vail resort. If something goes wrong realize it early and turn around. Nothing wrong with settling for first chair and a day at Eldora.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Seriously?! What time? What the fuck was the rush/going on up there this weekend?? You guys are making it sound worse than any 12" weekend powder day with weather.
    Glad I took a break and enjoyed the midwinter spring down here.
    Totally absurd. Broncos playoffs game on Sunday = only Saturday to ski? I guess there were 4 accidents also?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Totally absurd. Broncos playoffs game on Sunday = only Saturday to ski? I guess there were 4 accidents also?
    lots of accidents yesterday for dry roads................

last night west bound, someone flipped a pickup towing a pos travel trailer on chief hosa, another person plowed their car into the median on the west bound downhill just outside of the tunnel, the lights from the parking lot of cars eastbound made it pretty hard to see the road and the lanes, there was a bunch of westbound accidents in the morning too

let me say it again dry roads?

the whole "the broncos are playing no one is going skiing" is total bullshit the vast majority of hardcore bronco fans are heavy drinkers, eating cheese, wings, high fat and corn syrup consumers and over weight who haven't "exercised" in decades, not your typical sally skinny skier type

Hate to say it but I'm starting to think this is the new norm. Dry Saturday start at Trex (5:45) lot was total shit show, and the traffic was already backed up. Only saving grace was jumping off onto 40 hitting Jones Pass for the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post

the whole "the broncos are playing no one is going skiing" is total bullshit the vast majority of hardcore bronco fans are heavy drinkers, eating cheese, wings, high fat and corn syrup consumers and over weight who haven't "exercised" in decades, not your typical sally skinny skier type

Um, Saturday was a complete shit show. Even with the I-70 mess there was still a mind boggling amount of people in line at the Breck gondola at 9:00. Tons of people on the slopes. Today looked more like a mid week day. No lines anywhere, my wife passed Golden at about 8:30 and was the only one on the road, snowing on the way home and never slowed below about 40 and that was just coming out of the tunnel. Get ready for a repeat on Feb 6th. The vast majority of skiers are broncos fans. At least when they are winning and it's the playoffs or Super Bowl.