Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Weird I’m at -1.5 and they’re perfect. Big sweet spot I guess.
    Same here and I still have to keep my attention on centering my stance (not driving my shins hard).

They're going on a trip in 10 days (along with my Down CD 114s), and I promise a commentary upon my return. I had a crappy start to the season and the big question in my mind is how my glute strengthening routine has altered how I interact with skis.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Pretty stoked to give these a go - just picked up a pair on gear swap
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Four days on mine now.

Really glad that I used Schizo’s. That was satisfying to do my own mount. Thank you all ��

Centered on the mark felt like too much toe on firm snow. So far like them 10 mm forward. Great grip, new un-stoneground edges are fun.

Still in recovery from the 4th of July, and am having serious head games on any decent pitch. Really looking forward to pointing them down a field of pow.
    Im on the line and it feels pretty good in crud groomed and shallower pow. But I tend to ski more centered (probably than I should be) so it works great for me. Like I said earlier havent got them in deep yet so hopefully not to forward. But I thought these floated better on the line than the GPO did on the line.

So much good info for me with these last few posts. Really want to try a skinny Q in a heavy core/carbon layup. Having goats and GPOs already I'm looking for a 108ish inbounds ski that can make any style of turn shape, feel loose and slarve at will. Also want to try a K108. Two different skis but each are the style of ski I'm looking for.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Praxis Quixote - Jumped the Shark or Legit?

^ the MVP (193) and 4frnt Devastator (184 and 194) hold down that role for me, food for thought.

My lighter buddy, who is 160lb vs my 195 who bought the -10 188 Q prefers the -10q to the 184 Dev. I prefer the Dev and the MVP. Ymmv. That beater Tabke has a -10q in his quiver this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    ^ the MVP (193) and 4frnt Devastator (184 and 194) hold down that role for me, food for thought.

My lighter buddy, who is 160lb vs my 195 who bought the -10 188 Q prefers the -10q to the 184 Dev. I prefer the Dev and the MVP. Ymmv. That beater Tabke has a -10q in his quiver this year.
    I really clicked with the GPO, wanting to try tabkes next ski design evolution. I messaged him about the skinny Q and he said he'd recommend a little more tip rise then the pair Keith made for him (I don't know how much that is). Q's certainly look tail rocker prominent in profile photos.

Interesting. As I noted a page back, I thought the -Q floated great for its width, and I would attribute that to the ‘’wider’’ shovel and skinny rockered tail (pintail?) more than anything else. My heavy core 4 flex -Qs out-floated my 193 MAP/stock MVP at slower speeds, iirc. Both come alive at speed. Q demands more centered stance than MVP imo, but MVP is a longer ski. 187 mvp would be more direct comparison.

As muggy described above, I like the idea of a surfy/playful ski. If the Q is looser then the GPO and can maintain that characteristic in the -Q I'm going to have to try a pair asap.

Never tried a GPO, but -Q is very loose. Hope you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    So much good info for me with these last few posts. Really want to try a skinny Q in a heavy core/carbon layup. Having goats and GPOs already I'm looking for a 108ish inbounds ski that can make any style of turn shape, feel loose and slarve at will. Also want to try a K108. Two different skis but each are the style of ski I'm looking for.
    I have both (no carbon in skinny Qs). Very different aside from both ski maritime snow very well. Love the Q but actually transitioned it to a touring ski because it is such a great pow ski when it’s not wicked deep. K108 is a great DD.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    As muggy described above, I like the idea of a surfy/playful ski. If the Q is looser then the GPO and can maintain that characteristic in the -Q I'm going to have to try a pair asap.
    IMO, the GPO is the looser ski
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Interesting as I just came into the possession of a pair of 192 GPO’s. I need to do some slight repairs and mount them but I’m excited to ski them after reading other reviews and then to hear this as well.

Absolutely!
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Completely agree... Own both 192 GPO and 194 Q and the GPO skis looser... I can't count how many days I have on my GPOs, but need to ride them again soon as it has been too long...

Today I wished I’d gotten custom Qs. Heavy core and 5+ flex would be a crusher. Broke a binding on my LP105s today so I ended up on the Qs in fun but choppy conditions was really wishing for a heavier stiffer ski.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Today I wished I’d gotten custom Qs. Heavy core and 5+ flex would be a crusher. Broke a binding on my LP105s today so I ended up on the Qs in fun but choppy conditions was really wishing for a heavier stiffer ski.
    That ski would ski me.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

They’d be perfect. Heavy stiff skis need to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    would you want a heavy 5 if you were skiing Alpy?
    A heavy 5, 188 for alpy. There’s not really any trees at Alyeska. Just steep open alpine terrain.

They’d be perfect. Heavy stiff skis need to come back.
    Haha well if you're serious about that, I've got a minty pair of 196cm OG Bodacious with your name on them.
    If Alyeska were my home mountain, they'd be my daily driver.

Commented on this a few times, but the Q is absolutely amazing at transitioning through different types of snow conditions, its just insane at how consistent it is and how little thinking is needed. Part of this I'm sure is the heavy core i have in my build, which is just so re-reassuringly stable at speed and allows for some seriously reckless charging in difficult and marginal snow conditions.

Yeah, I really want to try a pair of 5’s in a heavy... for all of the Praxis I’ve owned there’s been a few times I wanted a beefier build (I’m a pretty consistent 4). I do have a heavy core MVP that I absolutely dig, think I may stick to that core with any upcoming resort sticks for sure. That said, I’m a fan of the enduro 4’s for pretty much every situation other than those few times I’ve bent em more than I’d prefer. As much as I think the enduro 4 works best for daily’s, I would LOVE to have a beefy pair of Q’s!! Think they’d absolutely slay shit but I’m not sure how often they’d get pulled out compared to my 4’s? They’re just so damn easy and fun and chargey! I don’t think I’d like losing the versatility to take them out any time it’s relatively soft cause they’re I just so damn much fun! Currently my Q’s are my travel skis, setup for resort and bc, I’m just saying I’d hate to have a pair of these that get used less because of a burlier build. Obviously if you live in AK and run shit everyday, then yeah, that’s what I’d buy.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Earlier impression for my first day on the Quixote is wow, they are quick and easy. A two footed style is definitely preferred. But for what we have currently, cold cut up pow, these are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Any comparisons between Q and Hoji? Specifically, 188 special edition Q and 187 15/16 (red, heavy) Hoji. I like the Hoji pretty well, but sometimes wish it had a twin tip for those half-integer spins.

i ran a bar over my Qs, and they look a tiny bit edge high (little bit of daylight in the middle). just mounted. should i fix before skiing, or just ski?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’d ski a day or two and see how they are. Then re-check