Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Say you were sending someone a stop-smoking care package. What would you include? So far I have nicotine gum, nicotine lozenges, non-nicotine gum, non-nicotine lozenges, nuts, jerky, and the Allen Carr book.
    yeah.... few mushroom caps, keep the stems for yourself.

I quit November 27, 2007. I still want a fucking cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Just bought a starter.kit today. They're made by pax so they're likely solid. I only smoke about 6 cigs a day but NY prices are nutty.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I'm a stone-cold nicotine junkie and I haven't used tobacco more than maybe twice in the past three years, literally from the day the Juul delivery came. I read the Carr bok, I tried gum, lozenges, patches, everything. I quit for almost 2 years and still went back. For me, Juul is awesome. YMMV of course.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm a stone-cold nicotine junkie and I haven't used tobacco more than maybe twice in the past three years, literally from the day the Juul delivery came. I read the Carr bok, I tried gum, lozenges, patches, everything. I quit for almost 2 years and still went back. For me, Juul is awesome. YMMV of course.
    I played ball hockey and forgot about a patch I had on. I thought my heart was going to burst. Naturally I took it off went outside and smoked a cigarette.

I keep forgetting but it's about 5 - 6 years not one cigarette. Only cigars

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I quit for 3 years cold turkey, then starting hanging with a few smokers again and fell right back into it. I've tried a few other Vapes and whatnot with little luck. Hoping pax is the answer. I do love a cigarette though.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks for the suggestions.

Think the Juul is less dangerous? I need to get off the fags. I quit right before I got married almost 3O years ago. Went to Paris 15 years ago and got back on the bare-ass Galouises. Fuck those are good.

Until my marriage started coming apart 4 years ago I was not what I felt was an addict though I smoked regularly. I could go hours or even days without a smoke without suffering. The personal upheaval made me smoke more and now I am, sadly, once again a full-fledged junkie.

Tried hypnosis a while back to no avail. Yes, you have to want to quit. That's the tough part when you actually like it, even though I suspect I'm not alone in feeling that if I could just stick to the best ones (2-4) of the day it'd be a great improvement and probably not too terribly dangerous health wise. That's where I was before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Think the Juul is less dangerous?
    Holy shit dude yes, way less dangerous to your health I'm positive. UK National health service says e-cigarettes are a minimum 95% safer than cigarettes: https://www.nhs.uk/news/heart-and-lu...g-says-report/

No US health orgs have made similar claims because they don't want to deal with the pushback they'd get from big tobacco AND health nuts who would ban all nicotine.

Gahh... Day 0 tomorrow. Gearing up for a lifetime of unfulfilled desire.

for ever
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

3 weeks juul only. No cig cravings but it's super easy to go through a pod a day. No smell and easy to hit. The lower nic pods are coming soon hoping to wean off even the juul.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    for ever
    And that's a mighty long time.

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Gahh... Day 0 tomorrow. Gearing up for a lifetime of unfulfilled desire.
    That's actually one of the reasons it's so hard- every one says it's sooooo hard. But it's really not.

its super easy to get back on the cig train

the only defense is self will

dark mother nicotine is a strong bitch
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    yeah.... few mushroom caps, keep the stems for yourself.

I quit November 27, 2007. I still want a fucking cigarette.
    Dude. Seriously. Been over ten years and I still want a cigarette or a Copenhagen once in awhile

I smoked in my late teens to early twenties, which was, well, a long time ago. I weaned myself by switching to snuff, which was truly awful. I figured anyone could quit snuff.

Decades after quitting I’d still have dreams about smoking, but no real urges when awake. The first couple years, though, were tough.

I picked up cigs in about 9th grade in Virginia ca. 1980? Everyone smoked.

Quit at age 27. Cold turkey; well, not exactly...smoked a lot of weed then.

Local doctor would prescribe anyone a 'Catapress' patch. Just a delayed drug to reduce your heartrate. When you start to crave/jones it calms you down. Worked like a charm. That, and the weed.

Patches were cheap, lasted for days and had no nico in them.

Arguably the single biggest factor to quitting was really wanting to be a non-smoker. Tired of the smell. Being a slower hiker. The costs -$...etc.
    I do remember enjoying the shit outta that last smoke though.

Can't stand it now...not even a little in a eurodoobie - ack!

I've been Juul-ing instead of some of the cigs I'd normally have. Definitely lower tobacco consumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    And that's a mighty long time.
    but i'm here to tell ya theres...somethin else...

but to the subject matter was a party smoker in college then a closet smoker for a long time. never more than 1/2 pack but def. hooked.
    think 2009 was the last one. Marlboro lights. Always. they kinda make me sick now to even think about. seriously.
    "Can't you see..."

I'll make a note of it.

Love the Juul - it has 100% removed my cravings to smoke.

Worst part about the Juul? If you lose the charger you gotta buy another fukn charger for $5.99 from the Juul website...which leads to parliaments in the meantime while it ships.

Quitting Smoking: How long does this suck?

I smoked a few cigs in bars for several years. What I don’t get is Marlboro lights and the like. It’s barely smoking. If I was going to have one cigarette I wanted a Camel or a full strength boro’ I’d rip the filter off. The light cigarettes are just a nasty oral fixation.

I smoked pretty regularly for the past year and a half. Earlier this year I decided I was going to be done. didn't smoke any for about 4-5 months, got to the point where the thought of them was yucky, blah blah blah. last couple weeks haven't been good. started by having a couple out a few weekends ago, then back to the point I began buying packs again. fack! I'm off them again. instant satisfaction but felt completely gross a few hours after. definitely does not help that you can smoke in bars here

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Love the Juul - it has 100% removed my cravings to smoke.

Worst part about the Juul? If you lose the charger you gotta buy another fukn charger for $5.99 from the Juul website...which leads to parliaments in the meantime while it ships.
    pro tip: buy 2. Also an extra battery. Yeesh.

But yeah 100% is right on, I smoked a cig like 6 months ago, it was pretty tasty but I felt fuckin nasty after, so glad I'm not doing that on the reg any more.

Smoking isn't as nasty as cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Smoking isn't as nasty as cancer.
    Yeah.

Watching my father die from the stupid fucking cancer stick was horrible. I don't wish that upon anyone. Just quit that shit and you'll be happy you did. It's not that hard. It's a lot easier than battling lung cancer and dying.