Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

What’s the waiting period before asking out buddy’s ex gf?

It’s been about a month since my hot-ass neighbor kicked my buddy out of her house. He’s a friend, not super close lifelong friend, but I helped him move, lent him shit, gone drinking, skied with him, etc. I think he might take it badly if I hook up with her. But in a ski town, eventually I’m gonna go out with your ex. I’m minutes away from walking over there and asking her to the concert tonight.
    Also, is it wise to date a neighbor? She’s gone a lot for her job, so it seems perfect. We all learned it doesn’t end well when I hook up with a roommate, but this is different.

Is this really a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I helped him move, lent him shit, gone drinking, skied with him, etc. .
    sounds like he owes you big time for all your help 'n' stuff. so i'm sure he'll be fine with this. go for it!

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    In a ski town, I would think there's zero wait time. Refer to:

Quote Originally Posted by BCSKI360 View Post
    Gentlemen, good luck.
    Your friends and neighbors will justify the assault with the timeless reasoning "She's NOT your Girlfriend. It's just your turn." And they're pretty much right.

My longtime friend asked my ex about a week after we broke up.

F'r brought her to a movie ("Hot Dog") that I'd given him tickets for so I was there, too.

It was kind of awkward, but I got over it and they got married (and she's not nearly as cute anymore.)

Be careful where it may end up...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quarter to never.

Right away, as long as you're confident you'd be able to kick his ass if necessary.

I just sent you a friend request on Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

doughboyshredder Guest
    Pretty much never, imo.
    Even if they say it's o.k. it's not.
    Unless you don't give a fuck about being long term friends.

Oh, and dating the neighbor. Not smart. At all.

Post a TR. with Pics

Does she work with your mother or father as well?

ski towns, bicycles, goes around....the fckn way it works. Go out and get shit housed at once and get his feel on the cycle or things, tactfully and on the DL if possible. Once you ascertain what his true take is, get to scheming. At least you can pad your bet with him. May as well have your cake and eat it too. No since in kicking him to the curb when eventually you'll be kicking her to the same curb...or vice versa, not that it'll matter then.

However dallas brings up a valid point. May seem in jest or irrelevant but as soon as you start dringing 3wisemen, all bets are off, way off and you'll need to represent.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Pretty much never, imo.
    Even if they say it's o.k. it's not.
    Unless you don't give a fuck about being long term friends.

Oh, and dating the neighbor. Not smart. At all.
    worst quoted words in the history of internet forums. (from someone w/ ..._)

It doesn't sound like you give two shits about the dude, so if that's true, the answer is obvious and this needs no more discussion. Oh, except the neighbor...

How permanent are you in this place? If not tied there forever, it's not a big deal. If you are, and she is too, well that could or could not be awkward in the future, depending on how mature you are and how long the hook-up lasts. But regardless let's use this as an anecdote... 'Someone I know' hooked up with their neighbor, shortly after both he and she moved into to adjacent apartments. The hook-up was pretty short, as the dude went on to slay plenty more ass at the place. Occasionally, he would be walking a girl in or out, and pass-by said hot neighbor though nothing was ever said, all courtesies were kept, and they both went back about their regular sex lives. Just recently though, they both moved and she got back in touch with him, and now its a "when in each other's city there's a free beer, possibly more" on the line.

That's a win, win, and win.

I would however caution and say, if she's bat shit crazy, it's a no go.

edit to answer: Yes, go ask her to the concert tonight.

doughboyshredder Guest
    that bullet was dodged, but it does make for good comedy.

I haven't kept up but did Another Alias make a move on his high school crush and get kicked out by his wifey?

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I haven't kept up but did Another Alias make a move on his high school crush and get kicked out by his wifey?
    I think that's next week.

My best friend in college cheated on his girlfriend. The girlfriend then revenge-fucked me. And it was so good we kept fucking for years - if you tossed her pussy in the air it would turn into sunshine and she let me spend her money like it was my own. My best friend didn't give a shit. Strangely, the only person who cared was his dumb whore of a new girlfriend, who was a rancid and unimaginative cunt who made him get a job at her daddy's Oldsmobile dealership and gained approximately 100 pounds seemingly within minutes of their getting married. I think he dreams about wrapping his belt around the shower rod and sitting down with a violent motion,

Wait, I digress. Take her to the concert, hot pussy is much more uncommon than someone who needs help moving or a short-term loan.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

The proper period is the Refractory Period.

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    Yeah... I'd like to know the correct answer to the OP thread title too. A fucking timely one for me... I mean a "friend". Not such a cut and dried set of circumstances though. Hmmm... WTF, it's Summer... why the hell not?

In this case, a Friend... ahem... has a Buddy who he just met in the last 4 or 5 months. They've hashed together, hung out and drank some beers together, etc. maybe 10 or 12 or so times. Whilst out one fine day, we... I mean they... both met a nice young lass, who ended up flirting with both of them. But I... ummm, my friend... would like to tag Buddies hot cousin, with whom they also sometimes hang, so I... I mean my friend... backed off and gave Buddy first shot at her. Didn't want to dirty the water for any chances with the shapely fine ass cousin.

Things went green for Buddy and the Lass pronto... that night, next night, night after that... Buddy says "I think this might be the one". Turns out young Lass works at an adult video store/sex shop, and is rumored to have a nice high sex drive. Nice! So... my Friend, the Buddy and the Lass also did some hanging out and drinking and such. A good bit of sexual tension between Friend and Lass running under the surface the whole while.

Jump forward like 3 or 4 weeks... to just over a week ago; Buddy and Lass have broken up and gotten together a few times already. Then one evening, as part of a larger group... everyone gets freakin' hammered and 11 folks (including the 3 of them) end up in hot tub naked together. My Friend sort of kind of remembers sucking on Lass's toes somewhere in there... then the fuzzy memory fades to black... and he wakes up the next morning on the couch.

My Friend learns from the hostess that next morning, that Buddy and Lass broke up again because Lass was "letting some folks touch her" etc. My Friend has an odd feeling... even though the memories from the night before are gone... and texts Buddy saying "Dude, think I'm still drunk. Don't remember a thing starting sometime in the hot tub last night. Hope I didn't do anything too stupid".

Cutting to the chase... turns out my Friend and the Lass were observed making out hot and heavy in the hot tub, then they got caught with her naked on top of him on the couch inside. And hostess was talking about my Friend and the Lass. But neither one of them can remember a thing though. She's texting him asking what happened, if they fucked, etc.

A day later Buddy and Lass get back together yet again... and Buddy has Lass delete Friends cell number, defriend him on FB, etc. Friend refuses to do the same re Lass, but tells Buddy he'll give his word to not call/text or otherwise contact Lass. A truce is observed... and Friend and Buddy are OK with it.

Now a week later, and Buddy and Lass have broken up once again... (as reported to my Friend by the hot cousin) this time it seems like for good. And Lass showed up at an event where my Friend was last evening looking fuckin' hot Dude!!! Lots of subtle rubbing up against each other and slight touching during the evening, some discussion of how long before she can refriend him on FB and look kosher... turns out that some of the fights and break ups were actually because Lass mentioned my Friend to Buddy as her next suitor if that relationship didn't work out.

During this same time last night, the Buddy is texting my Friend saying he's heart broken, apologizing to my Friend for his being a Dick... and knowing both Lass and Friend are there. Seems Lass told Buddy he couldn't be there... was still too soon.

So, how the fuck long do I... I mean my Friend... wait before I can tag this vixen?
    pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"

^^^^First of all Mock, these imaginary friend scenarios you have are an obvious cry for help. This "Lass" woman and "Buddy" sound like made up names to me !

Just a question. are you going through lots of vassoline and toilet paper, finding them mixed together in a gooey wad next to your bed each morning when you wake up from these ......... "scenarios" ? I won't even get into the whole "Dick" and Vixen" couple.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post

Wait, I digress. Take her to the concert, hot pussy is much more uncommon than someone who needs help moving or a short-term loan.
    Wise words, mang.

You have to wait at least one period so all of his dick gets flushed out along with the unfertilized eggs.

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    ^^^^First of all Mock, these imaginary friend scenarios you have are an obvious cry for help. This "Lass" woman and "Buddy" sound like made up names to me !

Just a question. are you going through lots of vassoline and toilet paper, finding them mixed together in a gooey wad next to your bed each morning when you wake up from these ......... "scenarios" ? I won't even get into the whole "Dick" and Vixen" couple.
    LOL

She's 32, witty and funny, and will look you square in the eyes and brag she "sucks a mean dick"... I don't want to hurt my Buddy, but don't want to wait too long and have her wander off and find some other fuck buddy first either.
    pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"

I’m a quality human being. So questions like this weigh on my conscious. There are feelings and friendships at stake. But again, we’re not really close “I’ll jump on a grenade for you, bro” type of friends. More like “I know you have kids, but I don’t care enough to learn their names” type.

So I asked her to the concert, but she already had a date for the evening. I expect her to come over later and tell me all about it over drinks in my hot tub.

Some more background that may help you provide counsel…

She’s a flight attendant (not ‘stewardess’ as I’ve been corrected, and ‘sky waitress’ is also unacceptable) That’s a plus in my book, and if Three’s Company taught us anything, Jack and Larry had the best luck with stewardesses.

She’s very pretty and is a Texan so you know she’s down with Das Pooperhausen.

My buddy is kinda doughy, not a fighter. But I recently lent him a pistola to take to a front sight shooting course, so he’s definitely lethal. Or at least practices safe firearm handling.

She’s older than I am. And a woman isn’t really in her prime until they turn 40.

She’s my neighbor and her dog shits on my lawn.

Pretty sure she’s into me. But which of you bitches aren’t?

I get the impression she’s a mean drunk.

She's been married twice before. Once to a rich oil guy. Once to a MLB pitcher. Might be out of my league.

My buddy got to go to many wonderful places using her buddy passes, but was on standby a lot.

Oddly, I’m currently experiencing a dry spell.

Quote Originally Posted by mock vomit View Post
    LOL

She's 32, witty and funny, and will look you square in the eyes and brag she "sucks a mean dick".
    Ahhhh yes I often have this fantasy as well.

Good hunting my friend.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit