Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1616
    Wow. What a day to be out on the Flow-tech. Good amount of leaves down but not too many. Wet, firm, fast, and loose, just like prom night. From "Oh Man!" to "Oh My" in an instant. Hero grip to zero grip from one moment to another. Love it when the trails ride so well and so difficult. Everything else is just practice for fall riding. I love MTB.

Waterbury, VT area October 18-22 a bad idea?

Seems a good one to me. Figure to camp and sample local riding/eats/beer.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post

Could be great. If it rains it will obviously suck, but if dry yoy will have a ton of options.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

The leaves down changes everything. Maybe stuff is leaf blown. I think the next week to 10 days will be the best window.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    The leaves down changes everything. Maybe stuff is leaf blown. I think the next week to 10 days will be the best window.
    Don't mind the leaves - deal with them here as well, just a couple weeks later.

Agree that earlier would be better but I've got my time window then, so...

Looking to stay mostly in one area with minimal drive - it's right on 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Could be great. If it rains it will obviously suck, but if dry yoy will have a ton of options.

Yeah. Am always checking forecasts beforehand. If sucky, will just staycation. Can ridehikeeatdrink on crap weather at home without driving.

Perfect day at KT yesterday. Explored some Burke and East Haven trails. Trail of the day was probably Lower J Bar, well worth the slog of a climb.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2957.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	248957

Name:	IMG_2960.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	248956

Great day at KT. 35 miles, hopefully more of the same tomorrow. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1671.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	389.6 KB 
ID:	249025

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Perfect day at KT yesterday. Explored some Burke and East Haven trails. Trail of the day was probably Lower J Bar, well worth the slog of a climb. TGR Forums
    How are the east Haven trails? I haven’t made it out to them yet but I’ve heard awesome stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    How are the east Haven trails? I haven’t made it out to them yet but I’ve heard awesome stuff
    Pump track in the woods. Worth the climb.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Yes, essentially a very long pump track. I broke off the brown sidewalk to ride some natural trails but that small network is mostly machine built.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw1xSp91Bg4
    Nice to see a legit feature built on a trail not at a lift served area.

I definitely didn’t come across that stone feature, I’ll be looking for it next time. Awesome video, BTW.

Riding up in a new-to-me spot today at 1. Heard there's some real nice, hand built going on there. Wet week coming up, I imagine a lot of leaves will come down. Geddit. I'll take some pictures.
    Last edited by DaveVt; 09-30-2018 at 06:22 PM.

After mentioning Pine Ridge last week, I decided to head up there for the first time. I forgot how small it is. They do have some really enjoyable features including several ridge spines and a nice amount of tech/ flow. It’s good for an hour and change and about 8 miles. Bond Brook is much better but this is a great alternative if you happen to be in the area

Name:	IMG_0054.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	249057

Name:	IMG_0053.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	249058

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	249059

Yeah. Am always checking forecasts beforehand. If sucky, will just staycation. Can ridehikeeatdrink on crap weather at home without driving.
    My thoughts exactly. If it is nice send a pm and maybe I can give you a tour if you like.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

New Bear trail in CV is killah, opens up the options around Stratton Brook hut

Vermont's starting to pop. Cool trails. Cool rock work. New, techy, primitive trail. Views of the Worcesters from one aspect, and the Whites from the other.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180930_144823.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	249083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180930_144909.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	388.6 KB 
ID:	249084   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180930_153020.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	249085   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180930_132851.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	249086  

Great ending to the weekend at KT. Cool, dirt was tacky. Morning with J-bar and moose alley, afternoon with coronary and the trails in that area. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1681.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	372.9 KB 
ID:	249093

I definitely didn’t come across that stone feature, I’ll be looking for it next time. Awesome video, BTW.

Is it on Stormin Normin? Didn't see it on Black Bear. Heard SN had legit kickers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Vermont's starting to pop. Cool trails. Cool rock work. New, techy, primitive trail. Views of the Worcesters from one aspect, and the Whites from the other.
    I'm intrigued, where is this?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'm intrigued, where is this?
    I'd tell you...but then they'd have to kill me.

Yes, essentially a very long pump track. I broke off the brown sidewalk to ride some natural trails but that small network is mostly machine built.

I thought the hand built trails were the best. Maybe the best in the entire KT system. That black off the tippy top was just phenomenal. Like bump skiing on a bike. It reminded me of Charlemont (MA), before they destroyed their best trails to host enduro races.

Yet all of the KT staff and ambassadors were really pushing the machine built stuff. "Stormin' Norman! Black Bear! That's all you need to ride!" I get it, but... I don't. Know what I mean?

I have to admit, though, the lower 2/3rds of Black Bear was pretty ripping. *Just* rough enough to not feel like a roller coaster. Still, there is even better stuff up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangur View Post
    I thought the hand built trails were the best. Maybe the best in the entire KT system. That black off the tippy top was just phenomenal. Like bump skiing on a bike. It reminded me of Charlemont (MA), before they destroyed their best trails to host enduro races.

Yet all of the KT staff and ambassadors were really pushing the machine built stuff. "Stormin' Norman! Black Bear! That's all you need to ride!" I get it, but... I don't. Know what I mean?

I have to admit, though, the lower 2/3rds of Black Bear was pretty ripping. *Just* rough enough to not feel like a roller coaster. Still, there is even better stuff up there.
    I only rode the Black Bear/Blue Bear combo over at East Haven and, while it was fun, I found it a little underwhelming. I dig the pump track/flow trails infrequently but find myself seeking out the natural trails at KT. I get that KT is geared quite a bit at reaching a wide range of riders but the machine built trails are becoming way to common. But then again, I need to ride all the East Haven trails before I complain too much like an old curmudgeon.

We rode on some genuinely wet, rooty and awesome trails I had never thought to ride - BurnEm Up, Camptown, Lower J and Moose Deuce. I love KT and won't bitch about it; such a beautiful place to ride and its so close. KT's natural, rooty up and down trails are a really a blast and I wish they would continue to develop those as oppose to the non-stop flow trails.

I only rode the Black Bear/Blue Bear combo over at East Haven and, while it was fun, I found it a little underwhelming. I dig the pump track/flow trails infrequently but find myself seeking out the natural trails at KT. I get that KT is geared quite a bit at reaching a wide range of riders but the machine built trails are becoming way to common. But then again, I need to ride all the East Haven trails before I complain too much like an old curmudgeon.

We rode on some genuinely wet, rooty and awesome trails I had never thought to ride - BurnEm Up, Camptown, Lower J and Moose Deuce. I love KT and won't bitch about it; such a beautiful place to ride and its so close. KT's natural, rooty up and down trails are a really a blast and I wish they would continue to develop those as oppose to the non-stop flow trails.
    I'm def not trying to bitch, and hope it didn't come across that way. I was up there 2 weeks ago and it was some of the best riding of my season. Great place, wish I was there right now.

Agree on machine built becoming too common. It's always nice to have a few, but soft, raw trails that follow the undulations of the terrain can't be beat, IMO. They are more fun, and hold up better.

My point I guess is this: if you're going to moose haven, explore the blacks; don't get sucked into the marketing hype of the machine built blues. It's all good, but the blacks are awesome.