Page 544 of 929 FirstFirst ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,600 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    hello bjorn borg mind -

could i have a link to evidence on whether the r0 changes in vaxxed vs unvaxxed people.

and also, how do you explain that a vaccinated person is less likely to get infected.

finally, a current makeup of people in hospitals and whether they were vaxxed or unvaxxed.

#savetheredhead
    Splitting hairs here--R0 is the average number of people each case will infect at the beginning of a pandemic in a completely susceptible population. What you are asking about is Rt--the R at any particular point of time, taking into account protective measures like quarantine and vaccination. Both of them apply to populations, not individuals, so Rt isn't different for vaccinated and unvaccinated people in the same population. You could compare the Rt between highly vaccinated vs highly unvaccinated populations, assuming they were isolated from each other.

Jeremy McAnulty misspoke when initially detailing the vaccination status of people in hospital. Dr McAnulty later corrected the record during the same press conference, identifying that everyone in intensive care units (ICUs) in the state due to COVID-19 was unvaccinated – except for one individual who was partially vaccinated.

The slip-up led to social media users claiming that vaccines are “useless” in preventing hospitalisation.

https://www.aap.com.au/no-hospitalis...ll-vaccinated/

Also, scrolling through this page someone asked "What if we start infecting people 14 days prior to their trip?" in response to a post about antibody tests. Even after all this time it's hard to tell if they are idiots who still don't understand the difference between PCR and Ab tests or trolls … but I repeat myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Good point. Only the vaccinated have chosen to get this over as quickly as possible. I'm glad you've seen reason.
    After hanging out in Florida before the vax was released I'm quite sure its the vaxxed who are still stuck in the delusion that we'll get down to zero deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

The slip-up led social media users claiming that vaccines are “useless” in preventing hospitalisation.
    “a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes”
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Yeah also means Hey if you’re representing a credible healthcare organization, better get your shit together and avoid misstatements. The fucktard brigade will milk that slip up for eternity. That’s what they live for.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    After hanging out in Florida before the vax was released I'm quite sure its the vaxxed who are still stuck in the delusion that we'll get down to zero deaths.
    No one has that delusion, but it seems to me there is one side that is actively trying to decrease hospitalizations and deaths. We aren't "getting over this" while 2,000 Americans per day are still dying.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    hello bjorn borg mind -

could i have a link to evidence on whether the r0 changes in vaxxed vs unvaxxed people.

and also, how do you explain that a vaccinated person is less likely to get infected.

finally, a current makeup of people in hospitals and whether they were vaxxed or unvaxxed.

#savetheredhead
    I believe old goat did a good write-up of why no one expected strong immunity in the sinuses (where the PCR stick goes) from a vaccine like a year ago--seems like we're due for a rerun.

I'm just a parrot, but it seems like if we're testing the only body part where vaxed people have very limited immunity we should expect to find mild infections there. And apparently (per This Week in Virology #802) one of these should give strong immunity against another. Point being, infection for a vaccinated person is very different from an unvacinated person, which shows up in the worst outcomes.

If your local hospital lists stats you probably have a verifiable example--one near me lists daily census now and says 97% unvaccinated (they don't track the % daily). According to a super credible author on breitbart news, 99.5% of deaths are unvaccinated. Which is why Howard Stern wants redheads to skip it and die and stuff.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...p-voters-dead/

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    No one is saying that. You typing that out just proves you are here to troll while sucking your own dick. Own it.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 11.41.12 PM.png
Views: 453
Size:  254.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I have my breakfast, come back, and the count looks like it's doubled.

Does the virus replicate this fast too?
    The ratio of responses to trolls divided by troll posts has increased markedly since puckface joined in this afternoon. R(0) went from ~1.5 to ~2.0

Don’t understand the reward for responding to these disingenuous trolls and their Gish Gallops.

Kinda reminds me of this very large bull trout hanging out just above the Wizard Creek hatchery, waiting for the water to cool before it spawns. As of Yesterday it has four large streamers hanging from its mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I thought the way to deal with trolls was to smite them with a broadsword

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It’s like whack-a-troll in here. Some of them do it for attention (Steepbased). Some of them are just incapable of ever admitting they were wrong (mtu). Some are here to play the self righteous victim role (skidog).

Imma do my part and stop refuting their bullshit. Hopefully we can get this thread back to smart experts guiding us through this instead of disingenuous assholes playing childish games for internet style points.

It's a worthy goal.

killjoy
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Here's the current list of the top ten states by COVID cases per 100,000 per the New York Times.
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-23 210646.png
Views: 585
Size:  80.3 KB

Antivaxxers in those states:

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I was asked if I'd had a COVID Vax or booster within the past 2 weeks before they gave me the flu shot yesterday.
    I was surprised they gave me all three yesterday.
    Seemed to not be a problem with doing it.
    Maybe it should have killed me LOL...
    I'm feeling great tonight but last night sucked 🙃

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I was surprised they gave me all three yesterday.
    Seemed to not be a problem with doing it.
    Maybe it should have killed me LOL...
    I'm feeling great tonight but last night sucked
    That’s big pharma for you, getting those vax profits!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Walensky overruled the CDC advisory panel and went with the FDA recommendation, adding booster (Pfizer) for people whose jobs have high exposure risk.

On PBS the UCSF doc they interviewed mentioned that some on the advisory panel didn't like boosters because they thought it would discourage the unvaccinated from getting shots. Haven't we been down this road before? Go with the science--whatever that is at the moment and that's not all that clear--and let the chips fall where they may. The unvaxed are not children who have to be lied to and tricked into getting shots. Their mothers don't feed them by pretending the food is a train going into a tunnel. (Actually children don't need to be fed this way either. Let the little fuckers eat or not. They won't starve, at least not until they're teenagers.)

Meanwhile, over at the WaPo some dipshit commenting on an article about Havana syndrome blames it on vaccines. (Not worth linking or quoting.)

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Here's the current list of the top ten states by COVID cases per 100,000 per the New York Times.
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-23 210646.png
Views: 585
Size:  80.3 KB
    Those are starting to get respectable. The raw numbers are nowhere near herd immunity, but if you account for a 2x to 4x undercount, and take the 4x, that puts Tennessee at 68% naturally immunized, and Louisiana at 63%. Would be nice if this country performed serology tests in an organized fashion so we wouldn't have to guess. Anyway - Maybe this glass is half-full, though filled in a sad way, like an urn half-full of grandma.

(I think the undercount is closer to 2x, meaning these states have "only" infected 1/3 of their population)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    But how many people get covid from anal sex?
    hmm there is a save way!

let me think
    wear a condom and a mask
    let the taker breath into a pillow

edit: the answer is "ZERO"

The state of the COVID pandemic in the United States has been pretty clear since early in the summer. The country has split, culturally, into two groups. About two-thirds of us rushed out to get the vaccines as soon as they were available. The other third decided they would accept mass death as the cost of going about their lives.

Early in the summer, I described this as accepting a higher level of risk, but that’s no longer appropriate, because the idea of “risk” implies uncertainty. It implies that you cannot know the results. But we’ve now had several months of watching the Delta variant surge across the country and claim tens of thousands of additional lives. Almost all of these deaths were easily avoidable. Between February and July, for example, there were nearly 9,000 COVID deaths in Texas. Only 43 of those people were vaccinated.

These deaths are not the result of neglect. After a rapid rollout that outperformed most other large nations, the COVID vaccines are widely and easily available at no cost. Yet the unvaccinated have actively resisted a preventive measure that could save their lives, as well as the lives of others around them, and they are doing so with increasing belligerence.

There is a cantankerous streak in Americans that leads us to defy authority and want to make decisions for ourselves. But what do we do when that ethos of “live and let live” turns into an insistence that we live and let die?

The pockets of resistance to vaccination tend to be among blue-collar types with a belligerent distrust of experts, the sort of people who talk about “doing my own research” that doesn’t mean reading the appendixes of scientific studies. Instead, what these people mean is that they watch videos by random people on YouTube, or read tweets about Nicki Minaj’s cousin’s friend. Consider the profile of a vaccine advocate in Florida who recently lost six members of her extended family to COVID because, “Everything was new, and they were just scared.”

Some of the vaccine resisters are listening to politically motivated vaccine skeptics on talk radio and the Internet. The pandemic has been a vast natural experiment to determine whether there are people who would literally rather die than admit they were wrong about politics. I would have speculated ahead of time that such people exist, and in significant numbers. But now we know for sure. Hence the drumbeat of stories about outspoken vaccine opponents who are seriously ill or have died of COVID, most recently a Catholic cardinal and a conservative radio host who used to mock AIDS victims. The name of this gentleman’s show? “Real Science Radio.” Somewhere in that story, there’s a kind of poetic justice.
    https://www.thebulwark.com/the-anti-...e-and-let-die/

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Yeah also means Hey if you’re representing a credible healthcare organization, better get your shit together and avoid misstatements. The fucktard brigade will milk that slip up for eternity. That’s what they live for.
    ugh this again? Perfection is impossible and they‘ll find something. Always. Every time. Stop legitimating trolls bad faith bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    yes, this is absolutely the only cause of distrust in the vaccine - political means. Holy fuck; we’ve solved the crisis.

the fact you guys post articles like this is laughable.

“we don’t have a legitimate argument against natural immunity so let’s just blame it on trump and the Republicans!”

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    yes, this is absolutely the only cause of distrust in the vaccine - political means. Holy fuck; we’ve solved the crisis.

the fact you guys post articles like this is laughable.

“we don’t have a legitimate argument against natural immunity so let’s just blame it on trump and the Republicans!”
    I dont like the term "natural immunity" as it leans toward "ive never had it and my body is strong like bull". Prior infection Immunity is better to me...

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    ugh this again? Perfection is impossible and they‘ll find something. Always. Every time. Stop legitimating trolls bad faith bullshit.
    Or stop legitimating trolls by calling it "bad faith." They're the enemy. Frorider's comment is akin to saying don't stick your head up out of the foxhole when you hear bullets whizzing by.