Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I hope you keep posting in this thread as you make steady progress.

That must have been some shitwhip....my goodness.

Name:  1cf9c76ca50b0393509fb33ca0aafaab875d4ae6df32836d42eef80fda68eda9.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  48.9 KB

dude heal up~!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

How are you holding up? Hope you are on the healing road...

Just saw this thread.

DUDE! you came to a sudden stop and lived.

Best of luck.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Normally I'd agree, but he may not have viable BMAC in his iliac crest for them to harvest the cells from...

Seriously vibes, cmor. Injuries suck, and it sounds like you got it bad this time. Like was said above, find the absolute best PT you can and push yourself as hard as they say you should. When you're not doing PT: rest, eat healthfully, sleep tons, try to reduce your stress, etc. Wish I had more to offer. Make sure you take plenty of vitamin D since it sounds like you won't be outside in the sunshine much.
    I know you got your hands full, Chris. I wouldn't blithely make the suggestion without having had a really good experience myself and knowledge of other people's recoveries having been made miraculous. Eight years after Dr. Rebecca saved my knee with stem cells, I'm still ecstatic about it, having gone from simpering gimp to skiing without a brace and never thinking about it. You got some serious rehab ahead of you. If your healing got the rush of stem cells kicking in three months from now the way it worked with me, I can't help but feel it'd be like a salvation.

The wonderful Dr. Rebecca was hit by a snowboarder while skiing at Squaw and was rushed to the hospital in Reno by her husband, maggot Patches. Her spleen was in three pieces. She used to have the image on her cell phone. She had a doc friend waiting to thread the pieces back together and then she did stem cell treatments and grew her spleen back together. I don't know how often that happens. I had a girlfriend who took the steering column to her chest when we got in a head on collision and they removed her spleen.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I know you got your hands full, Chris. I wouldn't blithely make the suggestion without having had a really good experience myself and knowledge of other people's recoveries having been made miraculous. Eight years after Dr. Rebecca saved my knee with stem cells, I'm still ecstatic about it, having gone from simpering gimp to skiing without a brace and never thinking about it. You got some serious rehab ahead of you. If your healing got the rush of stem cells kicking in three months from now the way it worked with me, I can't help but feel it'd be like a salvation.

The wonderful Dr. Rebecca was hit by a snowboarder while skiing at Squaw and was rushed to the hospital in Reno by her husband, maggot Patches. Her spleen was in three pieces. She used to have the image on her cell phone. She had a doc friend waiting to thread the pieces back together and then she did stem cell treatments and grew her spleen back together. I don't know how often that happens. I had a girlfriend who took the steering column to her chest when we got in a head on collision and they removed her spleen.
    I hear you, Pat. jesski had stem cells on her ankle twice now, and it has made a big difference.

I'm just conjecturing that drilling another hole (or two) in his pelvis to harvest BMAC from the illiac crest may not be advisable with his pelvis already shattered and held together by screws. He should absolutely ask his docs the question, but they may say it's not advisable because of the proximity of his injuries to the typical harvest site. But I'm not a doc, so I don't really know. Maybe it's a non-issue, or maybe they can harvest the BMAC from somewhere else.

Hope you heal up cmor!
    Last edited by auvgeek; 10-22-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Making progress in the wheelchair, was able to do an extended visit with my spinal physician via car yesterday. That was a win. Still a ton of pain during movement in my right leg (with the femur break and nails in my knee), my left hip is a bit cleaner. My head fracture is limiting but I'm able to get through most movements. My scapulae shows up if I've had a long day.

I need to build more strength. I lost 30 pounds in the first 30 days. I came in at 165 and right now at 52 days out I'm holding at 138. I'm weight bearing in one week, and strength is going to be a big part of that. Hardest part is trying to get strength back while working through the pain of movement.

Still living in the nursing home, still no idea on when I'll be able to go home. Looking at hopefully another 10 days or so here and then moving to rehab at UW. A lot of my time is spent trying to get to the point where I can live alone in a hotel near the rehab facility and confidently do out-patient. I'm getting close.

You'll get there.

Glad to read progress is being made.

Too bad I can't gift you the 30 lbs, I have it to spare

baby steps, make a little progress every day
    watch out for snakes

Dude, you sound remarkably positive. Best of luck building strength. Keep us updated.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171030_171526.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1,009.1 KB 
ID:	214866

More x-rays. And the first time being upright in 58 days
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walking.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	976.2 KB 
ID:	214867  
    Last edited by cmor; 04-02-2018 at 03:17 PM.

I assume you have legions of old Crustal visitors and help moving around?

If not, ping me.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by cmor View Post

Name:	20171030_171526.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1,009.1 KB 
ID:	214866

More x-rays. And the first time being upright in 58 days:

Name:	walking.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	976.2 KB 
ID:	214867
    sharing confidential patient information on the internet is a federal offense. (Lookin' good man!)

How "U"z doin Sparky?
    ​I am not in your hurry

My grandfather got his pelvis crushed in bad tractor accident a few years ago on his farm. We honestly thought he was going to die and a few months later he was back on the tractor. Multiple screws and plates holding everything together but he still gets around walking. Probably a different situation than you but it seems like you gotta maintain activity as now that he's aged more and is more inclined to sit on the couch, he's been in more pain when walking around.

I'm almost 100 days out now. Still not able to walk without some sort of assistance but getting better, Still a ton of pain and stiffness in my neck, but also getting better. Finally moved back home a couple weeks ago, 75 days in medical facilities was enough. Going to PT everyday and trying to get back on it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmor View Post
    I'm almost 100 days out now. Still not able to walk without some sort of assistance but getting better, Still a ton of pain and stiffness in my neck, but also getting better. Finally moved back home a couple weeks ago, 75 days in medical facilities was enough. Going to PT everyday and trying to get back on it.
    Glad there's some progress C.

Keep it up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Really glad to hear you're home. Being in a rehab facility for that long must have been soul crushing.
    You've got youth on your side. That's why we old folks (most of us anyway) dial it back; we know how hard it would be to recover from a significant injury.

Pelvis, Femur, Back, Scapula, Ribs, Skull

Go buddy go!

You must have a good OT. My wife is an OT and she squawked when she heard about this.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Forward progress! Good luck cmor!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Back home is big win!

Convalesce with iceman? Compare Pelvises, Document and TR for ensuing shenanigans.

Laughter is said to have magical healing properties ya know

Looks like your attitude is good. Keep at it and keep your mind working.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime