Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    <snip>
    I’ve always maintained that an important pre-marital test is to take a week long road trip together…
    My wife and I did a backpack/train trip through Europe for 4 months. It definitely is a pretty good way to ensure compatibility...

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Nah, people have been striking out and traveling around like nomads for most of human existence. Years ago it was the post-graduation backpack through Europe or now Asia. Before that it was the hippies and Benny traveling the backroads in their VW Vanagons. The youth are doing alright and it’s all the same as it ever was. What we have here is an unfortunate drama that also plagues society, with a missing woman and prior strife with her partner. The signs ain’t good currently for her, but it’s certainly not caused by the vanlife.
    Agreed. Those adventures went sideways all the time, but it wasn't on video. Probably a lot fewer drugs involved today, too.

But less bipolar and antidepressant choices back then.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    But less bipolar and antidepressant choices back then.
    And inspirational hashtags and script tattoos.
    I still call it The Jake.

Bring back the drugs?

My point was they’re on a quest for fame and think that social media is the path to making it. Backpacking one summer is different. To your point my friend that traveled the most and all had envy is still single and a tour guide for backroads cycling tours. It’s pretty clear real life passed him by and we’ve amassed lives and money but damn he’s seen all the lands.

Man that traffic stop video is telling. What a gripping tale! Will she be found alive? I give a slim 20% chance.

Anyone watch their videos? Cosplay? Any good

Their gonna find her shacked up with a black guy. And the story will disappear
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Just another theory

Strange what the national media latches onto
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Bring back the drugs?
    MDGA?

Bring back the drugs?
    The data coming out of Hopkins and MAPS indicates that acute use of psilocybin and MDMA works better than chronic use of antidepressants, but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The data coming out of Hopkins and MAPS indicates that acute use of psilocybin and MDMA works better than chronic use of antidepressants, but I digress.
    I am so ready to have them get approved for use in therapeutic settings for gen pop. As a chronic SSRI / Buspirone user I would love an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I am so ready to have them get approved for use in therapeutic settings for gen pop. As a chronic SSRI / Buspirone user I would love an alternative.
    Rick Doblin says 2023 for MDMA and 2025 for psilocybin.

MMGA?

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    My point was they’re on a quest for fame and think that social media is the path to making it. Backpacking one summer is different. To your point my friend that traveled the most and all had envy is still single and a tour guide for backroads cycling tours. It’s pretty clear real life passed him by and we’ve amassed lives and money but damn he’s seen all the lands.
    Is he happy? Are you happy?

Agreed. Those adventures went sideways all the time, but it wasn't on video. Probably a lot fewer drugs involved today, too.
    yeah took many and many road trips with a lunch cooler full of drugs
    had lots of fun things happen on road trips a few weird ones but nothing too off the wall
    it seems like kids get more psyco these days on drugs and alcohol I don't remember people going that far off the deep end in my druged out teen and twenties
    I did try to beat the shit out of a friend who was twice my size when he stood in the bathroom doorway pissing all over the hotel room floor

its called midlife crisis
    I face it every day I'm torn between money comfort and stablity it's kinda nice

Or perhaps real life has passed *us* by?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    <snip>
    it seems like kids get more psyco these days on drugs and alcohol I don't remember people going that far off the deep end in my druged out teen and twenties
    Might be because you were drugged out and didn't notice?

Shit’s getting pretty existential in here.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Really gut wrenching for them I’m sure

I’ve always maintained that an important pre-marital test is to take a week long ski trip together…
    FIFY. This is still TGR, right?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Might be because you were drugged out and didn't notice?
    I can remember alot sometimes don't remember anyone I was close going off the deep end
    then again I had a roomate and we would get super super fucked up and chase each other around this big old house with kitchen knives it got the heart pumping finally another roomate told us to knock it off after a few weeks
    I do remember being another time at band camp draging one of my best friends around by the ankles with another guy she was passed out cold and the coke ran out hours ago finally an adult told us to stop and put her in a chair

I don't know

That whole moab body cam thing fucking triggers me.
    Cops are predators.

Seems like a batshit crazy girl and a fairly normal guy trying to endure her freakout while a bunch of meathead cops try to play the hero with her and find a way to put him in a cage.

If I had to bet, I’d bet she tweaked out again, he drove off and headed for home figuring she’d have to find her own way back, and she ended up trying to hitchhike or whatever. I’d also bet none of that matters because all anyone will ever believe is that he killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    If I had to bet, I’d bet she tweaked out again, he drove off and headed for home figuring she’d have to find her own way back, and she ended up trying to hitchhike or whatever. I’d also bet none of that matters because all anyone will ever believe is that he killed her.
    I was thinking this as well. But why not just come out and say that? I know, it makes him come off looking like the massive POS that he is. But either way, the dude is a POS. By not speaking up, if in fact that's what he did, and just drove off and left her either on the side of the road, or more likely dozens of miles from the nearest paved road, then come clean.

As they say, tough to charge someone with murder if you don't have a body.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch