Page 32 of 122 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...de-by-country/

By your logic, each world leader is responsible for the deaths included in this handy graph linked above.
    some are like Trump, Bolsonaro, mr sweden off the top of my head
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    wow ! its almost like they are trying to follow the science

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    some are like Trump, Bolsonaro, mr sweden off the top of my head
    Political leanings aside, I don't think any Western world leader was keeping that shit out of their country.

By your logic, Prince Trudeau is on the hook for 26,000+ deaths! The Horror! Remove Him!

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...de-by-country/

By your logic, each world leader is responsible for the deaths included in this handy graph linked above.
    Thanks for that, I would say yeah they are. Per capita would be a better metric though. Using that logic the Canadian govt's response is a shit ton better than the orange haired shit-gibbon's admin response.
    0.19% death rate for US folks
    0.07% " " " Canucks
    Stats guys help me out here but is that a 271% shittier rate due to your previous idiot administration's response?
    Anyway, I know most of you US guys posting here didn't vote for that bozo but vibes nonetheless.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

you don't seem to realize just how the rest of the world views the Trumpian America,

sure lotsa elected leaders lie but trump out right lied to America when he said it would dissappear even tho he knew it was deadly so COVID killed 600,000 while Trump did nothing and he cares not a bit

1862 deaths per million pop for the USA vs 690 deaths per million in Canada, at least Trudeau tried

thro in anit vax/ covid denier culture is ^^ why the border is still closed, i cant understand why y'all can't understand,

as near as i can figure its " well Ok but you can't fuck with muh freedum and what about if i give you more money? "

Bolsanaro suggests people "take it like a man" and Brazil is at 516000 dead, they will be #1 pretty soon be cuz inspite of covid denyier/ anti vaxers in america the death rate has slowed big time due to the Vax

Sweden went with the do nothing approach and lots more were killed than surrounding scandahovian countries

Just give it up guys. Arguing with the US about the ramifications of their political choices is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.

The border is closed to recreational travel, and it's staying that way until we say otherwise. It's a fool's errand to argue humanitarian costs with those that love their greenback more than their fellow citizen.

sure lotsa elected leaders lie but trump out right lied to America when he said it would dissappear even tho he knew it was deadly so COVID killed 600,000 while Trump did nothing and he cares not a bit
    I don't know how you can say that when Trump advocated such common sense measures as having everyone inject themselves with bleach.

Trump did much more than nothing. He actively derided a coordinated federal response, politicized treatment, masking, and science, and consistently put out messages contrary to what his own experts were saying.

ONLY 600K died DESPITE Trump's shit leadership. It could have been 2-4 million had he had the sole input on the subject. But it also could have been 150-300K instead of 600K if he did things right. If China wasn't Asshole, and we did things right, it could have been <50K. The way I see it, Xi and Trump are each responsible for about 250K dead Americans, millions chronically ill, and trillions in economic losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Trump did much more than nothing. He actively derided a coordinated federal response, politicized treatment, masking, and science, and consistently put out messages contrary to what his own experts were saying.

ONLY 600K died DESPITE Trump's shit leadership. It could have been 2-4 million had he had the sole input on the subject. But it also could have been 150-300K instead of 600K if he did things right. If China wasn't Asshole, and we did things right, it could have been <50K. The way I see it, Xi and Trump are each responsible for about 250K dead Americans, millions chronically ill, and trillions in economic losses.
    Damn well said. This active derision is still going on. A state Senator from SW Trump country Iowa is busy congratulating his county for being last in the state for vaccination rate. Sickening...

https://twitter.com/LauraRBelin/stat...741389828?s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

According to the NYT article Canada's 2 shot vaccination rate is 19%. Given that it makes sense to keep delta out of Canada. I had no luck trying to figure out the prevalence of Delta in the US and Canada--so dependent on how much sequencing is done among other things. If Canada has a significantly lower percentage of delta than the US (or visa versa) it makes sense to keep the border closed.

Political leanings aside, I don't think any Western world leader was keeping that shit out of their country.

By your logic, Prince Trudeau is on the hook for 26,000+ deaths! The Horror! Remove Him!
    Maybe you call it America's Hat because that's where all the brains are.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    According to the NYT article Canada's 2 shot vaccination rate is 19%. Given that it makes sense to keep delta out of Canada. I had no luck trying to figure out the prevalence of Delta in the US and Canada--so dependent on how much sequencing is done among other things. If Canada has a significantly lower percentage of delta than the US (or visa versa) it makes sense to keep the border closed.
    I suspect the NYT source is the Canadian gov. website which is only updated every Friday. Canada is at 29.43% fully vaccinated right now. Eyeball-the-chart guess has us equal with the USA for fully vaccinated on about July 8. Might even get 75% fully vaccinated on July 21. Yes, we are cranking out that much, that quickly.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

so in other words Trump did < nothing and kills hundreds of thousands of Americans

but Trudeau is keeping the border closed in the interest of not killing Canadians

and somehow that isnt good and isnt in the interests of all Canadians ?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    The article explains Americans can vacation in France, where the one-dose vaccination rate is 49 percent, Spain, where the rate is 51 percent, and Greece, 45 percent, all much lower than Canada's rate.

I'm curious, can Canadians travel to France, Spain, and Greece right now? If so, do Canadians still have to quarantine upon return. I get it that Canadians delight in pissing off Americans, but I thought their love of international travel would overcome this.
    Anecdotally from those I speak with, we're all eager to travel but nobody is ready to book anything just yet. It's still seems very much sketchy out there in other countries - nobody is quite sure what is safe and what isn't.

Also anecdotally, nobody really seems to want to go to the USA anymore. After seeing their apparent disregard for safety of their fellow citizens over the past 18 months, poor vaccination uptake, and election shenanigans, I think a lot of people are gonna give America a bit of a time-out. That's just me guessing, though.

After July 5th I predict the Bellingham Costco and Trader Joes parking lots will be full of BC plates.

Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Also anecdotally, nobody really seems to want to go to the USA anymore.
    or, documented:

https://www.frommers.com/tips/miscel...-united-states
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

We don't have the percapita numbers but I agree^^ there are alot of canadians who aren't any smarter

fortunatley for them Trudeau has their backs

Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

Not huge JT fan but he is anyone but the tool and he was any one but Sheer and anyone but Harper before that.
    We don't have the percapita numbers but I agree^^ there are alot of canadians who aren't any smarter

fortunatley for them Trudeau has their backs
    so there were no choices but only stupid people could like or vote for him

just saying from my couple years here you guys don’t know even know how good you have it. really. maybe if i lived in one of those free states like idaho it’d be different but i got not complaints and no regerts on the poutine side of the wall!

so in other words Trump did < nothing and kills hundreds of thousands of Americans

but Trudeau is keeping the border closed in the interest of not killing Canadians

and somehow that isnt good and isnt in the interests of all Canadians ?
    Trump's not the president anymore. That 600,000 deaths numbers looms large, but it's water under the bridge now. Most Americans are now fully vaccinated. How long are you going to keep us out? It seems like if you had your druthers you'd say forever, but I don't think that's realistic or reasonable.

being stuck with TRump during the start of the Pandemic is WAY worse by orders of magnitude than being stuck with Trudeau during the start of the pandemic

Then Trump just folded like a cheap tent which is probably why he lost the election if you believe he lost the election

and Trudeau will probably win another election

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Trump's not the president anymore. That 600,000 deaths numbers looms large, but it's water under the bridge now. Most Americans are now fully vaccinated. How long are you going to keep us out? It seems like if you had your druthers you'd say forever, but I don't think that's realistic or reasonable.
    Until July 21 when we are 75% vaccinated. You can book your trip for July 22.

Most Americans are now fully vaccinated. How long are you going to keep us out?
    seems like with what they’ve been saying for quite awhile that 75/25 is around the corner and ugly orange empire state license plates are as well.

Trump's not the president anymore. That 600,000 deaths numbers looms large, but it's water under the bridge now. Most Americans are now fully vaccinated. How long are you going to keep us out?
    I wonder how all the dead American people feel about that ^^ ?

Canada will keep you out as long as the science sez you should stay out,

the science still sez you should stay out

The "percentage vaccinated" that CNN and our own CDC touts does not include 12 and under so is a loaded metric, and technically incorrect.

These 12 and under kids also have immune systems, and carry + spread disease just like adults do...They just can't get vaxxed.

Not to burst everyones bubble, but the US and Canada will never reach herd immunity using the loaded metric, let alone a real population metric that includes 12 and under humans.

Either we get on with our lives, or we dont. I'm suprised that 1.5 years into this that so many fall into the latter category.

I wonder how all the dead American people feel about that ^^ ?
    One thing I know with 100% certainly is that none of those 600k dead Americans are going to give Canadians Covid. That's actually what matters right now.