Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I asked a dude on the chair today if it bothers him. He said, “what?” So I took him out to bowl four for his first time.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29EEC3ED-5F58-41CB-B37B-02164447C758.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	261931I think he liked it.

It's possible to have your headphones at a low enough volume to more or less hear everything going on around you.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

^^^yup, or just put one earbud in and leave the other ear free to hear what’s going on around you.

So, had the (mis?)fortune of getting on a chair today with a teenage boy blowing some hip-hop out his speakers in side pockets on his pack. With his girlfriend.

Couple of minutes into the ride I asked
    “How do you power those speakers?”
    Him: “There’s a battery pack in my pack”
    “Cool - how do you control what plays?”
    “The music app on my phone”
    “Very cool. Do you have any Slayer?”
    “Huh?”
    “Well, if we’re all gonna listen, let’s get something we all like; so how ‘bout some Slayer?”
    “Never heard of em”
    “Any death metal? Gunz & Roses? Metallica?”
    “No”
    “Queen? Ramones? Sex Pistols? Joan Jett?”
    “No”
    “Any Reggae?”
    “No”
    “OK. What else do you have?”
    “Just some hip hop”
    “Cool - music from the streets. I bet it speaks to your experience”
    “Mumble”
    ‘Bout that time we came into the upper terminal. I said ”Cool riding with you both. Be sure to check out Slayer. That’s some real music”

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^yup, or just put one earbud in and leave the other ear free to hear what’s going on around you.

So, had the (mis?)fortune of getting on a chair today with a teenage boy blowing some hip-hop out his speakers in side pockets on his pack. With his girlfriend.

“Huh?”
    “Well, if we’re all gonna listen, let’s get something we all like; so how ‘bout some Slayer?”
    “Never heard of em”
    “No”
    “No”
    “Any Reggae?”
    “No”
    “Just some hip hop”
    “Mumble”
    ‘Bout that time we came into the upper terminal. I said ”Cool riding with you both. Be sure to check out Slayer. That’s some real music”
    I can only the imagine the conversation the two had about the old fart on the chairlift going on about some lame 80's hair band

No doubt. It was still fun

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I can only the imagine the conversation the two had about the old fart on the chairlift going on about some lame 80's hair band
    Man, calling Slayer a hair band is like calling Shane McConkey a bump skier.

If you need music blasting to enjoy skiing you are pretty much missing the whole point.

Probably just a matter of time before the resorts ban those silly things anyway. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    If you need music blasting to enjoy skiing you are pretty much missing the whole point.

Probably just a matter of time before the resorts ban those silly things anyway. Good riddance.
    That kinda depends on the venue. If you're riding the same 75 acre 300 foot urban ski hill 80 days a season, breaking up the monotony with some background music is understandable. If it's some amazing high altitude terrain with breathtaking views, then ya, adding familiar music dilutes the overall experience and point of being there.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Don't hold your breath.
    Part of the Vail Effect, it seems to me, is that "guests" are hardly ever called out on their bogus behaviour.
    (Exception being those yellow jackets on the slopes, for you know, actually skiing.)

Wondering if "Dude, you are harshing my mellow!" would carry any weight with BakpakspeakerAholes?

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Wondering if "Dude, you are harshing my mellow!" would carry any weight with BakpakspeakerAholes?[/URL]
    It might, for some. It's easy to view the speaker people as inconsiderate assholes, but I'd wager it's more likely most of them just don't realize their need to "enhance" their ski day (?!) is infringing on others' right to enjoy the same--which a mature person recognizes as the place you draw the line with that stuff. I think we can all plead guilty to having been young and prone to disturbing the neighborhood once in a while without really realizing it. I know I did.

I distinctly remember being in a campground with friends once, playing music while we sat around the fire, and some other campers came over to tell us they didn't want to hear it. I remember being somewhat taken aback--you mean everybody doesn't want to listen to our music? Huh? Oh. Okay. When you're young you kind of live in a bubble like that.

Similarly, we used to live next door to a rental house populated by young Navy guys, and their noise definitely disturbed us to the point that I had to go over there once in a while and ask them to turn it down. I remember the looks on their faces--not mad at me, just confused and surprised that they were disturbing anybody. It clearly wasn't something foremost in their minds. They never seemed to have any problem turning it down once I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Man, calling Slayer a hair band is like calling Shane McConkey a bump skier.
    Yeah, I'm not up on the various genres of metal. It all sounds like crap to me--just give me some nice Perry Como. (But I'm sure Mr McConkey could do just fine in the bumps.)

This reminds me of when I was d’bagn as a teen. Bumping my ‘system’ with car windows down, cruising the boulevard. What a punk. At least it was the Fugees, mobb deep, Wu, or Tribe and not this mumble rap trash

“Huh?”
    “Never heard of em”
    “No”
    “No”
    “Any Reggae?”
    “No”
    “Just some hip hop”
    “Mumble”
    Ha!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

“Huh?”
    “Never heard of em”
    “No”
    “No”
    “Any Reggae?”
    “No”
    “Just some hip hop”
    “Mumble”
    DJTbs. In da house throwin’ it down. Way to go old fart!

I would like the record to show that I am not an “old fart”
    I am a “seasoned veteran“

Yeah, I'm not up on the various genres of metal. It all sounds like crap to me--just give me some nice Perry Como. (But I'm sure Mr McConkey could do just fine in the bumps.)
    Big surprise

(and McConkey was a bump skier).

Perry Kiro.

I would like the record to show that I am not an “old fart”
    I am a “seasoned veteran“

I’ll give you that. My four year old listens to the Sex Pistols so....

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    I’ll give you that. My four year old listens to the Sex Pistols so....

The fuck you fucking fucks is difficult though.

I don’t want a baby that looks like that!

Skiing with a Bluetooth speaker; Yay or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    you musta bumped stuff from the dogg pound
    Name:  IMG_2161.JPG
Views: 611
Size:  35.5 KB

Though I was into it all. Lot of 90s rock and classic shit like Pink Floyd. Just didn’t bump that for poon

Name:  hat.PNG
Views: 521
Size:  117.2 KB
    My sister had to keep reminding me that my nephew couldn't hear me with this thing on

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I hear him call me a dickhead when we take off. Maybe I was being a dickhead but, really? .
    i did not read all 6 pages, will wait till week in review....so if this is redundant,.....sorry in advance......very simple solution really......if fixed grip lift.....

when you get off at the top lift station, veer over to the bullwheel gate switch (look like you cant help it) and flick it with your pole......the lift will stop.....bullwheel switch must be reset manually, lifties must converse by phone/radio, etc......will take some time.....ski back toward party suspended....flip bird.....

if detachable grip, pm me for details
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Now THATS an action plan.....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    i did not read all 6 pages, will wait till week in review....so if this is redundant,.....sorry in advance......very simple solution really......if fixed grip lift.....

when you get off at the top lift station, veer over to the bullwheel gate switch (look like you cant help it) and flick it with your pole......the lift will stop.....bullwheel switch must be reset manually, lifties must converse by phone/radio, etc......will take some time.....ski back toward party suspended....flip bird.....

if detachable grip, pm me for details
    Ha! Yeah, not a bad idea. Unfortunately, it was a detachable. And, not expecting to ever see the guy again, I'll forgo PMing you for details.