Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Interesting... I found Boulder pretty rowdy. The trails are fast and steep, and you need to keep on your toes. It’s a different kind of rowdy from Squamish, where there are lots of moves. But for dirt trail, I found Boulder exciting when trying to carry some speed. Laid back was not a word that came to mind.
    Steep higher speed hits but with space to recover in between the hits so imo relatively easier. Van, Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton trails dont give you recovery time. Clearly ymmv

I did a couple days at Valmont and was pretty impressed

I think there is grant money up for grabs everywhere so shit getting built everywhere
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Nelson > Revy...revy has a few good things but overall I always end up expecting a bit more than you actually get. I live in Squamish now but would still give it a solid meh over Whistler or Pemberton...very homogeneous, but intermediates love that shit and the pitch and putt slabs in Alice Lake, there is some fun off map stuff in between the squirrel catchers though that's okay. Squamish trails seem very braided to me though, always end up wondering if I should be on a different line, it's annoying, imo.

A bonus for Squamish is all the extra Instrgram points you can earn. You can take pictures looking down Howe Sound near sunset and post inspiration quotes about how amazing life is and how #blessed you are.

Look, it could be worse: you could be an American.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Look, it could be worse: you could be an American.
    used to be, took care of that problem last year. But yeah, first world problems! Still a LOT better than a lot of other places I could've ended up! Don't miss Onterrible either.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    used to be, took care of that problem last year.

Drop a stepladder out that window will ya?

Shirk got all creeped out when I kept asking about single family members. I'll even marry a cedar tree if it helps.

Watch this: Emily Batty. Mark Wallace

See? I know canadian stuff!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

Shirk got all creeped out when I kept asking about single family members. I'll even marry a cedar tree if it helps.

Behind the times man. It's all about all the Jr's that have been doing well on the WC DH circuit this year.

Laffey
    Cruz
    Sherlock
    Shandro

Sounds like you're a Belieber.

how are your parenting skills? the wife has set a pretty high bar! and chances are the dog will hate you, don't take it personally, she hates anyone who isn't immediate family

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    A bonus for Squamish is all the extra Instrgram points you can earn. You can take pictures looking down Howe Sound near sunset and post inspiration quotes about how amazing life is and how #blessed you are.
    Squampton, Squamladesh, Squantanamo Bay. I enjoy that it seems that the majority of the Stravassholes #namaste of citiots have moved to Squambodia and concentrated their sick insta in one easy to nuke from orbit location.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Behind the times man. It's all about all the Jr's that have been doing well on the WC DH circuit this year.

Shandro

Pshh. That guy's old.
    Dummy.

how are your parenting skills? the wife has set a pretty high bar! and chances are the dog will hate you, don't take it personally, she hates anyone who isn't immediate family
    Love dogs, hate kids but would jump at the chance for indentured servitude as long as it means I don't have to deal with california cityfolk.

I think it evens out.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

a couple of auzzy girls who had worked at the ski hill married locals to stay in Canada, I know a girl who married a visiting american fish guide, I met a pro kiwi biker last week who had scoped out and was marrying a canuck gal its definaltey a thing and doable

And if you have the mad skills find a Canadian girl who is a doctor

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    a couple of auzzy girls who had worked at the ski hill married locals to stay in Canada, I know a girl who married a visiting american fish guide, I met a pro kiwi biker last week who had scoped out and was marrying a canuck gal its definaltey a thing and doable

And if you have the mad skills find a Canadian girl who is a doctor
    That's all commonwealth man.

Murka is different. Canada treats americans like americans treat south americans.

I tore a hamstring in whistler in like 2007. There was literally no one working in the medical facility then that wasn't a very attractive female. It was weird. I thought I had died.

yes, perhaps it would be different if you worshiped the Queen ?

instead you appear to be related to one of them tea-throwers so what do you expect ?

Young folks from Commonwealth countries can come and work in Canada for 2 years which is enough time to find a marry-able woman ( breathing eh )

this Kiwi dude had been here on and off for 7 years and had found his meal ticket

Squamish trails seem very braided to me though, always end up wondering if I should be on a different line, it's annoying, imo.
    ++vibes, you've got it rough.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    ++vibes, you've got it rough.
    yah yah, first world problems, tiny violins, it could always be worse, but that's also why I moved away from Ontario.

150mm of rain by Sunday night in Van

104mm of rain in Squamish

38mm of rain in Whistler valley; 52mm of rain in Whistler Mid

32mm of rain in Pemberton

Just a headsup to joetron

Yup, currently pondering plan Bs to delay Canadian arrival until Monday-ish

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

pretty much the best time to hit Pemberton!

McCall and Leavenworth both have some fun riding if you're looking for more stops along the way.

pretty much the best time to hit Pemberton!
    We're going to fix up some stuff on Stoked; fix the Cerise bridge; cut the Instalog on Saturday. Then ride Pemberton on Sunday if you want to come Todd

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    We're going to fix up some stuff on Stoked; fix the Cerise bridge; cut the Instalog on Saturday. Then ride Pemberton on Sunday if you want to come Todd
    thanks for the invite...if anything going to try and pawn the spawn off on sister in law and try and ride in to meager hotsprings with Mrs t.odd from the 23km gate before they lock the 2km gate Monday, but even that is probably not going to happen! ha!

good riddance instalog, get fucked 'influencers'!

104mm of rain in Squamish

38mm of rain in Whistler valley; 52mm of rain in Whistler Mid

32mm of rain in Pemberton

Just a headsup to joetron
    A bit of a wet blanket for the weekend...
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

fuckkkkkkk off rain and give me Saturday and Sunday semi-dry. No asking for sunshine, just not down pours.