Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    I’m getting 188 even

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but... can you check again? My 188 Black Crows Anima Freebirds are nearly the same length as my 184 ON3P Wren 108's. Which in turn are longer than my 185 Noctas. Black Crows measure short - at least the 4 pairs I own.

And yes: standard measurements would sure be nice!

2019 Black Crows Corvus....bueller?

I’ve had some drinks at the company Xmas party so probably can’t trust it but my 2nd measurement came out at 188 again. I stood them next to a 189 Kore 117 and they’re just a cm shorter. Blister measures the 117 at 188cm so maybe the Corvus is actually 187?

Quote Originally Posted by allTandA View Post
    KTO and golden thanks again.

Golden hit me up in Whitefish. I will happily roll out some Apres bike ride beers. I work in sales and know talent when I ‘hear it’
    You work in whitefish ? Where at? I live in Missoula and will be up that way visiting friends for NYE

My mission this weekend is to demo these (2019 Corvus 183) and also the Navis. If successful I'll report back on them. I have the 17/18 Corvus Freebird with a Shift binding and it is awesome...both in powder and surprisingly inbounds on groomers and even bumps

These humdingers are hard to beat. Mostly everything I was hoping for. Detuned after first time out in heavy snow and we’re really jiving now. In fact I’d recommend the 3 piece as a one and done Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2101.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	1,005.9 KB 
ID:	260093

stoked to hear you like ‘em! I think they’re incredible but been hesitant to be too noisy about it cause I’m still coming back from an injury and only at about 80%. Was worried my perception was off - super happy to hear it wasn’t!

Hard not to feel a little of Arne Backstrom spirit in these. Was a big fan of those OGs for everywhere on the mountain. A narrower cousin. It’s nice to be back on metal.. ski em like BGs, centered, knees bent, gyro-ankles - hover like and you’ll be rewarded. Point em - you’re good. Arc em and you’ve got rebound. #keepers

Anyone been on the 193s? Compare to 193 OG Cochise?

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by ridikilous View Post
    My mission this weekend is to demo these (2019 Corvus 183) and also the Navis. If successful I'll report back on them. I have the 17/18 Corvus Freebird with a Shift binding and it is awesome...both in powder and surprisingly inbounds on groomers and even bumps
    Make sure the tails of those Navis are well de-tuned. I had to detune the hell out of mine and I liked them a lot more after that, otherwise they were too locked into a turn.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Luke — Dude!

You are speaking my language.

Big ups to all ya’lls providing feedback. Good thing Christmas is around the corner
    one step forward, no step backward

Pulled the trigger on a pair of 183’s. Straight pull is a hair over 182. So close to my 184 vwerks Katana (Blister straight pull was 182.2). Immediately noticed the mount point seemed forward. BC says -10 but I measured 83.5 from the tails. My slightly stoned maths says the mount point should be about 81 from tails. Going to remeasure when completely sober and mount Shifts. Psyched!

I thought they were too far forward when I tried them. Adjusted the binding back 1.5 cm and liked it. Eventually worked my way back to recommended and liked that too

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    I thought they were too far forward when I tried them. Adjusted the binding back 1.5 cm and liked it. Eventually worked my way back to recommended and liked that too
    Sounds almost like anywhere between OTL and -1.5cm worked on these. If so, that’s pretty awesome. Notice any nuances moving around the adjustments?

I also found that they deflected a tonne in pow; chopped pow a lot but even fresh pow.
    Not everyone is going to like every ski, but I found this surprising/odd. Heavy powder and and chopped pow/crud at speed is supposed to be the strength of the BG. I have never read anyone else talk about them “deflecting” in such conditions.

The Corvus looks and sounds quite a bit like the OG Cochise. Sure it didn’t “deflect” in pow but it wasn’t very good at it either. Almost no float but I guess if your idea of powder skiing is bombing through it while actually skiing the base underneath they were fine.

Checked my measurements again and it appears the mount lines on my pair are + 2-2.5cm from the Black Crows recommendation. I’m going to reach out to BC and see what they think before mounting.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    The Corvus looks and sounds quite a bit like the OG Cochise. Sure it didn’t “deflect” in pow but it wasn’t very good at it either. Almost no float but I guess if your idea of powder skiing is bombing through it while actually skiing the base underneath they were fine.
    The Cochise/Corvus comparison is hard to make because the new Corvus floats surprisingly well. They aren’t bottom feeders at all. Of course they aren’t pow specific skis either.

I finally got the Corvus on a firm groomer and was impressed. They need to get up to speed but once you do they rail turns. At slow speeds they aren’t anything special though.

Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 12-22-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a pair of 183’s. Straight pull is a hair over 182. So close to my 184 vwerks Katana (Blister straight pull was 182.2). Immediately noticed the mount point seemed forward. BC says -10 but I measured 83.5 from the tails. My slightly stoned maths says the mount point should be about 81 from tails. Going to remeasure when completely sober and mount Shifts. Psyched!
    Very interested to hear a comparison with the Vwerks Katana once you get them in snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Checked my measurements again and it appears the mount lines on my pair are + 2-2.5cm from the Black Crows recommendation. I’m going to reach out to BC and see what they think before mounting.
    Interested to see what you hear back. My 183s measured 83.5 cm to sidewall mark from tail as well.

Took the Corvus out in 7” of dense hero pow today. Wanted to bring a wider ski but don’t have bindings yet for my bigger pair. Didn’t matter though. The Corvus killed it. Never, ever thought I’d grab a 188, 107 waist ski on a pow day and be happy about it, but these things are pretty damn incredible. No issue floating, pop off every feature, stomp some small drops, pivot in tight spots and haul ass in the open.

Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 12-31-2018 at 01:31 PM.

188 Undrilled Corvus in possession!! I am stoked....first brand new pair of skis in 10 years.

As such— don’t want to fuck it up. Seems like mounting on line leads to a LOT of tail. Even considering I love my 186 Bodacious at +1 and have my Renegades at 87.5.

So KTO and CL are you guys on the line? Can you grab me a from tail measure of what that position is please? In doing a little research it seems like (potentially) some BC boot center lines may be off.

I’m on the line. Happy with them there. My skis both measured to 86.5 to the line. Kind of a funky measurement though - the tail is a bit rounded so I’m pulling the tape from the true end of the tail and not the end of the edge.

Appreciate the insight.

Hopefully you guys are getting this next round of snow soon!

Mounted mine on the line and pretty happy. They are more forward compared to other skis I like/have though. My recommended line measures 85.8 from center of tail

Mounted on the line and skied 5 days in variable conditions and all variety of terrain.

Super stoked on these! I echo the previous comments and add this:

1) really fun all mountain ski. Rips groomed and variable equally well. Nice amount of pop in turns and off lips for a on camber ski.

2) holy stiff shovels! These are like a throwback to stick from years ago when I recall looking forward to getting past the 20 day break in period. Really apparent when on harder snow in tight tree and at slower speeds >> less than ideal conditions and the stiffness of the forebody is omnipresent.

3) build quality is top notch.

Thanks again for the insight dudes

Pretty much as I stated in that previous post. I ski Kicking Horse. Every lap is 4000'+. Conditions go from pow to groomers all at top speed. It's not like the coast where there is a lot of dicking around. I, and everyone else here that tried them found them pretty atrocious on groomers. I also found that they deflected a tonne in pow; chopped pow a lot but even fresh pow. I found their balance point strange too. I would look at the BGs and want to love them. I would stand on them and think they fit perfect. Occasionally, I would have a killer run smearing spines and hopping around but then open them up on the fans and for the rest of the mountain, I hated them.

Mounted them on the line. Felt like they could have been a bit further forward but also that that would not have solved everything.
    Golden, you haven't by any chance also skied the Atris have you? I'm trying to get a comparison of the two now that the Corvus has been updated