Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

more mountain lions oh my

pretty much the scariest thing ever

Man uses chain saw in Wyo. mountain lion attack
    By MATTHEW BROWN (AP) – 7 hours ago

BILLINGS, Mont. — Wildlife officials are trying to determine why a mountain lion attacked a Colorado man who says he used a chain saw to fight off the animal during a camping trip with his wife and two toddlers in northwestern Wyoming.

Dustin Britton, a 32-year-old mechanic and ex-Marine from Windsor, Colo., said he was alone cutting firewood about 100 feet from his campsite in the Shoshone National Forest about 27 miles west of Cody when he saw the 100-pound lion staring at him from some bushes.

The 6-foot-tall, 170-pound Britton said he raised his 18-inch chain saw and met the lion head-on as it pounced — a collision he described as feeling like a grown man running directly into him.

"It batted me three or four times with its front paws and as quick as I hit it with that saw it just turned away," he said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.

Wildlife officials said Sunday evening's attack was highly unusual because mountain lions are generally reclusive by nature. Only eight cases of mountain lions acting aggressively toward humans have been documented in Wyoming over the last decade.

"It's very, very rare" for lions to attack, said Wyoming Game and Fish spokesman Warren Mischke. "We're still trying to investigate why this lion would behave this way."

The wounded animal retreated after Britton inflicted a six- to eight-inch gash on the lion's shoulder, leaving him with only a small puncture wound on his forearm.

"You would think if you hit an animal with a chain saw it would dig right in," he said. "I might as well have hit it with a hockey stick."

The mountain lion was shot and killed Monday after it attacked a dog brought in to track the animal, which was 4 to 5 years old. Authorities say it was in poor physical condition and appeared to be starving.

After Britton's confrontation, he and his wife, Kirsta, decided to spend the night in their pop-up camper with their two children rather than risk packing up with the lion still on the loose.

Wildlife agents were called the next morning after Britton told a passing U.S. Forest Service employee about the incident.

Tests for rabies and other diseases came up negative, but officials said they were continuing to analyze the animal for other potential diseases.

"I might as well have hit it with a hockey stick."
    That's some crazy shit! Lucky dude.
    "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
    Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole
    one and prayed for forgiveness." Emo Phillips

Holy shit!

I think Leroy should carry a running chainsaw while biking. He'll never have time to pull out his gun and fire anyways.

It's former Marine not ex-Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I think Leroy should carry a running chainsaw while biking. He'll never have time to pull out his gun and fire anyways.
    ha!

you can never be too safe

eek! scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    Authorities say it was in poor physical condition and appeared to be starving.
    That'll do it. Poor cat (not that I wish it had eaten that guy or anything).

That is the third story I have read about former Marines kicking animals asses. Dont fuck with Marines
    Hello darkness my old friend

Dustin is the brother of my wife's best friend. I guess chainsaw should be included on everyones camping list.

Quote Originally Posted by 45hill View Post
    "There are no ex-Marines" and this is proof. That dude's the same size as me and probably twice as strong.

Quote Originally Posted by spicy cha cha View Post
    you can never be too safe
    Underbarrel chainsaw seems like it might actually be more awesome than an underbarrel grenade launcher. Gory, but awesome.

Was this guy on a bike?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 45hill View Post

Thank You.

umm... former marine or former SPACE-marine?

I can't honestly be the first one who thought of this.

(i just picked a cougar thread)

"An Oregon woman who found a mountain lion in her living room says she relied on "frequency and attunement," "feline-speak eye blinking," and telepathy to calm the animal and safely guide it out after it took a six-hour nap behind the couch."

photos & vid at the link (not sure how to post)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...tml#incart_std

That's pretty insane. I'm not too sure about standing around, taking pictures and videos all the while the cat's lounging.

Wow. That takes some serious balls.

I get scared seeing them period.

[QUOTE=acinpdx;5397618](i just picked a cougar thread)

"An Oregon woman who found a mountain lion in her living room says she relied on "frequency and attunement," "feline-speak eye blinking," and telepathy to calm the animal and safely guide it out after it took a six-hour nap behind the couch."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Pretty cool.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Couple years ago I had a female watch me every morning for weeks as I was out doing the 4am lambing check.

Few months later her and her three cubs killed 9 of our rams in a single night. We ended up losing around 50 head that spring. The state got involved after people complained about lost pets. They ended up killing 11 lions within 3 miles of our place.

Is that like when a stray cat adopts new people? It looks very comfy on the couch.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Couple years ago I had a female watch me every morning for weeks as I was out doing the 4am lambing check.

Few months later her and her three cubs killed 9 of our rams in a single night. We ended up losing around 50 head that spring. The state got involved after people complained about lost pets. They ended up killing 11 lions within 3 miles of our place.
    Some similarities to what happened near us as well. Cat was seen by a friend on her morning run. She didn't report it, but somehow word got out, (like your people complaining), so State or US folks came around and ended up killing about 5. The difference from your experience, as reported, was they were males looking for new territories. I think "Beast in the Garden" talked about that.

OR Facebook lady is crazy and brave and some other stuff, prolly a bit lucky.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

^majority of these were young males as well

https://komonews.com/news/local/watc...rs-in-backyard

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post

I can't believe you didn't kill them.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

In the summer of 06 I was working on an under the radar trail project and my dog got into a den and had an argument with the Momma. Sure enough she came running back with the cat not far behind. The damn cat came screaming and jumped up onto a boulder about 20 feet away and down the slope. I picked up a big log and beat it on the ground swinging it back and forth over my head. She wouldn't back off, she just kept screaming at us with her back arched up and her hairs on end. After a couple of minutes of this we slowly backed away and hiked out. I swear, I heard her stalking us for the next quarter mile or so and then she ran off once at the road and a car drove by.
    dirtbag, not a dentist