Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    #getoffmylawncrewisoutinfullforce
    ha, guilty, but I just think it's worse than it was. A couple years ago I really liked it and now if I think to look at it twice in a week that's a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ha, guilty, but I just think it's worse than it was. A couple years ago I really liked it and now if I think to look at it twice in a week that's a lot.
    Totally agree.

I am heavily involved in social as part of my current job and the previous one. I simultaneously understand it’s need and effectiveness and enjoy it at times...and despise and want to set it on fire other times.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    I am heavily involved in social as part of my current job and the previous one. I simultaneously understand it’s need and effectiveness and enjoy it at times...and despise and want to set it on fire other times.
    This pretty much sums it up here too. If not for my business, I wouldn't have a FB account.

With IG, I still love looking at the pictures since all I follow are mountain bikes, photographers and the occasional athlete (depending on their feed). It would be nice if IG had an option to turn off captions, so the user could just scroll through the images.

I usually read just the part of the comment that's visible. If it looks like they're saying something interesting I'll expand to see what. But if that turns out to be an essay I move on.

There are a few people I follow who write multi paragraph pieces with almost every post. Are they typing all that in on their phones? That would take me all fucking day....

Who's on Instagram?

^^ same. Who the fuck is reading that bullshit? Or all the lame hashtags. Or all the lame quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ^^ same. Who the fuck is reading that bullshit? Or all the lame hashtags. Or all the lame quotes.
    A lot more people than you think. Society is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    The same people who watch all 15 of someone's IG stories, back to back to back...

There are people who can write compelling, long descriptions and people that can make their stories interesting to watch throughout. There are also people that can’t do either. We can all guess which group is biggest.

I wish I could follow people without their stories showing up in my feed. Mostly brand accounts

You can. There’s a way to “mute” just their stories... it’s pretty easy to do, just Google it. I’ve muted quite a few people I still follow.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Who's on Instagram?

I’m going to mute all the people that just brag (pat me on the back please!) or bitch (ooo I’m sick or oooo it’s cold), check-in from glamorous hotels and locales (just to run it in that they’re in Jamaica), mediocre skiers who think they’re pros and do lame photoshoots and tag every ski brand hoping to be seen and others posting self-absorbed bs like endless posed pics of themselves with a political statement or John Muir quote.
    Oh, and anyone using fucking boomerang.
    Wait, maybe I’ll just delete my account.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 01-26-2019 at 04:17 PM.

It’d be nice if everyone here put a hashtag with their tgr username in their bio. Bury it amongst a few other hashtags. I forget who is who. Don’t want to be rude and not follow. Also when someone follows looking for follows that has thousands of followers and a hundred follows, and a ton of selfies, I generally skip. It’d have to be really nice pics if we’re not associated in any way and most likely will never share some turns.

Who's on Instagram?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    It’d be nice if everyone here put a hashtag with their tgr username in their bio. Bury it amongst a few other hashtags. I forget who is who. Don’t want to be rude and not follow. Also when someone follows looking for follows that has thousands of followers and a hundred follows, and a ton of selfies, I generally skip. It’d have to be really nice pics if we’re not associated in any way and most likely will never share some turns.
    It does get confusing- we need an organized list of TGR handles and instagram accounts. Honestly, some of the best accounts I follow are from fellow maggots. Just pure stoke and no BS since most of us aren’t spancered.

Uh, here’s mine on that note: Instagram.com/jaytierney

Sean - I think we skied together before I realized I’d been following you. Heh.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You can. There’s a way to “mute” just their stories... it’s pretty easy to do, just Google it. I’ve muted quite a few people I still follow.

Like me? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It does get confusing- we need an organized list of TGR handles and instagram accounts. Honestly, some of the best accounts I follow are from fellow maggots. Just pure stoke and no BS since most of us aren’t spancered.

Uh, here’s mine on that note: Instagram.com/jaytierney

Sean - I think we skied together before I realized I’d been following you. Heh.
    Ya I think so. Then I forget who’s who(old age) , until actual turns anyway. I prefer following friends and actual photographers most. Some pros are good, if it’s photo based. Anything creative is good. Could be building furniture , vehicles or painting. It’s cool to see. And fur beasts of course

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post

Oh nice! Going to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Some people make it easy. Like me @snowaddict91. But I agree, should we start a master list?

@iowagriz in Insta as well.

Tag should be #change4nickel

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@powtron of course

Oh, fuck it... @maximumgnar

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Some people make it easy. Like me @snowaddict91. But I agree, should we start a master list?
    @vert_n_dirt
    Followed a few

followed a bunch of you just now and now my ratio is all fucked up and i wont get invited to Fyre Fest 2
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    followed a bunch of you just now and now my ratio is all fucked up and i wont get invited to Fyre Fest 2
    Ja Rule 4 EVA

If you’re an influencer (fucking overrated IMO), stop posting what amounts to an ad or product placement every time. So fucking annoying. #unfollow #sellout

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    are you petzl_logic?

We really do need a comprehensive list, I'm busy the next few days but may take one for the team later this week and make a spreadsheet on google docs.

Who's on Instagram?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    are you petzl_logic?

We really do need a comprehensive list, I'm busy the next few days but may take one for the team later this week and make a spreadsheet on google docs.
    Do share with me.
    I can never put mags and IG together.
    It’s like they have two different personalities.