Page 137 of 141 FirstFirst ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 3510
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    That's a stupid wod. Good on ya for taking it easy.
    You my friend are a stupid WOD. But thank you for the support

So, has everyone quit lifting or just posting? First time back under a bar last night after taking 4.5 months off due to a clavicle fracture and a month of bronchitis. Kept it light to avoid crippling DOMS. Thinking about doing a LP for about a month to build things back up, then I'm not sure. Maybe CFFB plus intervals. I had great results when I followed CFE, but I'm not a huge fan of how their programming has evolved since then and I just can't bring myself to voluntarily associate myself with Brian Mackenzie again.

Check out my T boosting thread

Dan I know you got intel

I got the flu at gym like 3 weeks ago. The doms were insanity mixed with the flu. Thought I was gonna die
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

There's far better ways to boost your T levels than scheduling your jerk sessions.

Crossfit Workout Thread

Lol. Ya I'm skeptical and so much great pron available, even on my refrigerator

I hear holding firearms and driving sports cars boost it too

What if any is the premier strategy.

Perhaps just lifting and sprinting are best methods

I'm pounding raw broccoli too
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Still hitting Crystal's gym 2/week. We hit floor presses w kb's pretty hard over the winter so saw a 20# jump in bench. Can't seem to push cleans past 135, kind of frustrating. Feeling good and staying injury-free (knock wood). Snapt has been crushing it over the hill.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Ive been consistently inconsistent over the last months. Starting to get back into shape. Rough winter sapped my motivation. 1/2 marathon in June has me getting my cardio back.

Cardio is actually pretty good after a few trips out west to elevation this winter.

Hit tonight's workout:
    5 rounds
    4 squat clean & jerk (185)
    15 ctb pull-up
    13 burpee lateral hops

Then...800m run. 24:10
    Decisions Decisions

The Wim Hof stuff definitely has me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Cardio is actually pretty good after a few trips out west to elevation this winter.

Hit tonight's workout:
    5 rounds
    4 squat clean & jerk (185)
    15 ctb pull-up
    13 burpee lateral hops

Then...800m run. 24:10
    That looks rough.185# that could be a lot. Fkn burpees! can't tell until you do it but that would have kicked my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post

Can't seem to push cleans past 135, kind of frustrating.
    Do you have good coaching? Clean is technique.

Quote Originally Posted by rather ripped View Post
    Do you have good coaching? Clean is technique.
    yes/no. Coaches seem dialed, but the programming isn't meant for skill progression. Might need to work with them 1:1 on a few key lifts-
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

What's the programming meant for? Clean is a pretty fundamental movement in the whole scheme.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    What's the programming meant for? Clean is a pretty fundamental movement in the whole scheme.
    I agree, but it can be difficult to get it right when starting out.

Also Tye, how are your other lifts... most specifically the snatch. That's the one that reveals the greatest weakness. Work on them with a good coach. Warm up with skills in mind. Lifting is much more fun when you are good at it. And they are not that hard to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by rather ripped View Post
    I agree, but it can be difficult to get it right when starting out.

Also Tye, how are your other lifts... most specifically the snatch. That's the one that reveals the greatest weakness. Work on them with a good coach. Warm up with skills in mind. Lifting is much more fun when you are good at it. And they are not that hard to learn.
    Good insights, thanks. The training i do there is basically base fitness. There's a lot of variety, so it can be weeks or even a month+ between doing the same lift twice. Because of that, we stay away from the more complex lifts [snatch, clean/jerk in particular] as we don't do them enough to get proficient, and, like all, doing them with poor form can cause more harm than help.

But the variety is one of the things i really enjoy, which keeps me going back, which imho is the most important movement....showing up....

Crossfit Workout Thread

Totally makes sense. Does make it tough to get any continuity. I feel the same with some gymnastics stuff. And with snatch drilling.

Today:
    600m run
    21 p snatch (95)
    600m run
    15 p snatch
    600m run
    9 p snatch
    12:01
    Decisions Decisions

I still follow Outlaw crossfit in the afternoon and Christian Thibaudeau workout "The Complete Power Look Program". Then tons of accessory work, spinning with free time. They are normally shutting the lights off on me now at the gym so they can go home.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Anybody have experience with the "SkiFit" app? Just heard about it: it's done by at PT based in Chamonix. Former gymnast, currently really into trail running (did UTMB last year), and apparently great at PT/pre-hab (fixing the weak points before the injury happens).

Nope but I'm going to check it out.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    I still follow Outlaw crossfit in the afternoon and Christian Thibaudeau workout "The Complete Power Look Program". Then tons of accessory work, spinning with free time. They are normally shutting the lights off on me now at the gym so they can go home.
    Overtraining is still your primary goal I see? The divorce is final, you don't need to hide from your wife at the gym any more.

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    (did UTMB last year)
    Sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Overtraining is still your primary goal I see? The divorce is final, you don't need to hide from your wife at the gym any more.

Sick!
    Wait, to be clear, the SkiFit PT did UTMB last year. Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Its not too bad conditioning in the afternoon and strength at night. Plus over training is not really even a thing from what I can tell. The gym is now like my 2nd home, all my friends are there kind of like how some people go to the local bar. Funny side note one of the women who Im friends with at he gym is a figure competitor, I asked her one night if she had any single friends. She laughed and said "look around, these are all my friends. I have not time friends." shes kind of right the same 5 -6 people are there consistently at the gym we are I guess friends at this point. My GFs school load keeps her from having lots a free time so it works for both of us.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

The gym is now like my 2nd home, all my friends are there... the same 5 -6 people are there consistently at the gym we are I guess friends at this point
    This is the attitude/mentality that leads people to mock crossfit - there is more to life than lifting weights. Tried crossfit for a couple months and this was the sort of attitude/mentality that prevented me from continuing with it. While I do go to the gym, I'm not training to be a professional athlete - just want to be able to do the sports/activities I enjoy.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Wait, to be clear, the SkiFit PT did UTMB last year. Not me.
    Whoops....

Plus over training is not really even a thing from what I can tell.
    It most certainly is a thing. Your body has a training "budget" and overspending has consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    While I do go to the gym, I'm not training to be a professional athlete - just want to be able to do the sports/activities I enjoy.
    This. While I don't necessarily dislike the gym, I mostly consider it a necessary evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Still hitting Crystal's gym 2/week. We hit floor presses w kb's pretty hard over the winter so saw a 20# jump in bench. Can't seem to push cleans past 135, kind of frustrating. Feeling good and staying injury-free (knock wood). Snapt has been crushing it over the hill.
    As others have said, it sounds like technique is keeping you from getting your clean weight up. I was stuck around 155# for way too long. Then I fixed the loss of momentum between my first and second pull which quickly allowed me to clean over 200#.