Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    To be fair, KQ did post a picture of her hairy ass.
    And the towel really *did* tie the asses together. Regardless of their Harryness.

LOL! You guys are so bad. Glad I could provide some comic relief during these trying times.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

65 this morning.... awwwwwww.... Nice to get up at 6:00 and not see 80+. Finally, some relief (95 today...brrrrr).

I rode my normal, weeknight MB ride last night. 100 when I started and finished but I wasn't particularly hot. Hydrated well all day went 14 miles. It was good to be back on the bike after a few days of indoor treadmill.

Welcome to the Apocalypse, hottest June on record along the Wasatch front:

- Averaged 80.2 degrees, previous hottest in 2016 averaged 77.5 (that's nearly three degrees hotter!)

- Tied for hottest June day ever (107). And also the earliest 100 degree day on record

- 7 days hotter than 100

Yep. All kinds of records smashed here last week and not by just degrees or two. Big gaps. The little town of Lytton that recorded 49° few days ago was just wiped off the map as a passing train started a fire. Fires everywhere around here now and growing so fast….
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7486.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	636.2 KB 
ID:	378540

Before and after shot of Lytton

You poor people...doesn't look to be breaking soon either.

Name:  814temp.new.gif
Views: 340
Size:  43.5 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

It’s currently 72 in ATL.

Rethinking heading to Lowcountry this week thanks to named storm Elsa.

Hope y’all stop melting soon.

Let it go.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You poor people...doesn't look to be breaking soon either.

Name:  814temp.new.gif
Views: 340
Size:  43.5 KB
    Well at least Canada looks clear.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post
    Yep. All kinds of records smashed here last week and not by just degrees or two. Big gaps. The little town of Lytton that recorded 49° few days ago was just wiped off the map as a passing train started a fire. Fires everywhere around here now and growing so fast….
    Casey Jones no doubt.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

I literally bought my place up here in the INW (last fall) to escape the TX summer heat. Just rolled into town 3 weeks ago. And bam! God saying FU to that plan. So I'm kinda glad to hear it was exceptional in the extreme.

And those pics of Lytton, BC are devastating. Can't imagine a town getting wiped out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    And those pics of Lytton, BC are devastating. Can't imagine a town getting wiped out like that.

Last September:

And not to get political but guess who wouldn't release federal aid to Malden because he was pissed off at Inslee.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Last September:

And not to get political but guess who wouldn't release federal aid to Malden because he was pissed off at Inslee.
    Crazy. Terrible.

Strange how there are trees--decidious & conifers--one block away from that main street that didn't burn.

is it weird that the bbq guy is filming that?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Last September:

Similar things happened on the McKenzie and Santiago river corridors last summer as well. Probably not as bad as Lytton.

Add it to a long list. Paradise, etc

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    I literally bought my place up here in the INW (last fall) to escape the TX summer heat. Just rolled into town 3 weeks ago. And bam! God saying FU to that plan. So I'm kinda glad to hear it was exceptional in the extreme.
    So you’re to blame! Fuck back off to Texas with your weather ( respectfully)

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    So you’re to blame! Fuck back off to Texas with your weather ( respectfully)
    Feeling the respect.

Meanwhile it's been in the 80s in atx.

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7486.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	636.2 KB 
ID:	378540

Before and after shot of Lytton
    We love stopping at Lytton. We know people there. I'm really shocked to see this. I hope they keep hope. They must rebuild. I will personally see what I can do, donate clothes etc., to help in the next few weeks. Canada needs a strong rural small town network and more places like Lytton. And next time get a town fire suppression system godammit. All small towns in hot dry areas need to think of that now before this happens to them.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

I tried to find those kind of record increases in high temps earlier this week.

Thanks for that link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I tried to find those kind of record increases in high temps earlier this week.

Thanks for that link.
    For the record, the variance in temperature during that period also included colder than normal as the dome approached. It wasn't just extreme on the hot side. It was extreme on the cold side too. This type of event can be natural due to probability. Just like massive 100+ft ocean waves can happen, and apparently happen more than we knew before due to better surveillance. We know the extremes of NORMAL climate and need to prepare for that. Everyone can plan for normal. We haven't really done even that.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by pureantigravity View Post
    For the record, the variance in temperature during that period also included colder than normal as the dome approached. It wasn't just extreme on the hot side. It was extreme on the cold side too. This type of event can be natural due to probability. Just like massive 100+ft ocean waves can happen, and apparently happen more than we knew before due to better surveillance. We know the extremes of NORMAL climate and need to prepare for that. Everyone can plan for normal. We haven't really done even that.
    I think you need to actually read the article KQ linked.

For the record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I think you need to actually read the article KQ linked.

For the record.
    I did. I was just responding about the idea that these events cannot happen in a pre Eye-Of-Sauron world. They can and do. The media, read CBC, is headlining _Climate Change_ with all this. Today they edited some of the headlines to be more objective. It may or may not but that isn't the problem. I think the problem is that our society depends too much on a select group of agencies to protect against these events. Fire departments can only do so much. We need more grass roots fire prevention and mitigation. There is no reason Lytton needed to fall to this event being they are right beside a huge fresh water river. Vibes to all of Lytton. We love little Lytton.

Jesus Christ dude. Sure these things CAN happen, but having 1000-year weather events multiple times a year isn’t normal, and climate change is why that’s happening. No single event can be blamed on climate change, I guess, but the totality of it tells the story. Don’t be so fucking dense.

Quote Originally Posted by pureantigravity View Post
    I did. I was just responding about the idea that these events cannot happen in a pre Eye-Of-Sauron world. They can and do. The media, read CBC, is headlining _Climate Change_ with all this. Today they edited some of the headlines to be more objective. It may or may not but that isn't the problem. I think the problem is that our society depends too much on a select group of agencies to protect against these events. Fire departments can only do so much. We need more grass roots fire prevention and mitigation. There is no reason Lytton needed to fall to this event being they are right beside a huge fresh water river. Vibes to all of Lytton. We love little Lytton.
    And just how would that river have prevented this? Irrigation? Lots of garden hoses for fighting a firestorm? Are you sure it was fire and not a 30 mph wind?

Sweep the forest dude.